One German's Opinion on the Ill Fated and Catastropihic Effects of Appeasement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
capt.sge.kix83.011205223800.photo01.photo.default-383x268.jpg
Mezco_Toyz_Austin_Powers_Fat_Man_Figure_Toys-resized200.jpg

Last edited:
diamond said:

okay, this is hitting below the belt.

you're going to call a widely respected Vietnam veteran a Fat Bastard?

yes, anyone who disagrees with Bush is a traitor.

perhaps they should be tortured until they agree with the threatened State?

go read some fucking Orwell.

Wow, when you don't use words people project an argument upon you, fascinating.

Cheney put forth a legitimate position
He's a good man, a Marine, a patriot — and he's taking a clear stand in an entirely legitimate discussion

No, but their ambiguity and degree of intent ensure that your critics reveal a lot more about what they percieve than what you were trying to convey.

A_Wanderer said:
No, but their ambiguity and degree of intent ensure that your critics reveal a lot more about what they percieve than what you were trying to convey.

But if you aren't willing to or not capable, etc of explaining intent in words and use what some may see as a very childish or cowardly means of making your argument, then what else would one expect?

A_Wanderer said:

It's diamond. There is no ambiguity. What you see is what you get.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Irvine511 said:
okay, this is hitting below the belt.

you're going to call a widely respected Vietnam veteran a Fat Bastard?

yes, anyone who disagrees with Bush is a traitor.

perhaps they should be tortured until they agree with the threatened State?

go read some fucking Orwell.

Um, the side by side pictures of GWB and monkeys is considered "proper" humor by those on the left.

nbcrusader said:

Um, the side by side pictures of GWB and monkeys is considered "proper" humor by those on the left.

um, have i ever posted those?

um, who has called them proper?

um, how do you understand the "left"? i go to great lengths to distinguish amongst christians using qualifier after qualifier after qualifier, it would be nice if others would return the favor.

i also think there's a level of difference in appropriateness between someone mocking the most powerful man in the world and a congressman who is a decorated war veteran -- something GWB is most assuredly not -- who has only made news because of his stance on the war itself. there was also the picture of Benedict Arnold. i think there's a difference between mocking the president -- shall we get into the right's caricatures and fantasies of clinton, you know, that coke-snorting murderer -- who is a larger-than-life figure in both political and popular culture, and a senator who is only now part of the political conversation because of his specific stance on one particular issue.

Irvine511 said:
um, have i ever posted those?

um, who has called them proper?

um, how do you understand the "left"? i go to great lengths to distinguish amongst christians using qualifier after qualifier after qualifier, it would be nice if others would return the favor.

i also think there's a level of difference in appropriateness between someone mocking the most powerful man in the world and a congressman who is a decorated war veteran -- something GWB is most assuredly not -- who has only made news because of his stance on the war itself. there was also the picture of Benedict Arnold. i think there's a difference between mocking the president -- shall we get into the right's caricatures and fantasies of clinton, you know, that coke-snorting murderer -- who is a larger-than-life figure in both political and popular culture, and a senator who is only now part of the political conversation because of his specific stance on one particular issue.

Um, did I say you've posted those pictures?

And when they are posted, they usually are met with a series of laughs or silence.

So, instead of seeing a mild resemblence between two pictures, we get a form of indignant outrage about what the picture suggests. The humor of FYM, even weak humor, is battered once again.

nbcrusader said:

Um, did I say you've posted those pictures?

And when they are posted, they usually are met with a series of laughs or silence.

So, instead of seeing a mild resemblence between two pictures, we get a form of indignant outrage about what the picture suggests. The humor of FYM, even weak humor, is battered once again.

you quoted my response -- indicating it was inappropriate in view of how pictures of bush are met with "a series of laughs or silence."

the difference, in my mind, is twofold -- first, that bush (like all presidents) is someone who transcends all categories and is a part of popular culture and political culture. he -- and cheney, an clinton, and bush 1, and jimmy carter, are mocked on SNL, for example, more as personalities than in response to a specific policy. it's false to view the two attempts at humor as being even remotely equivalent.

murtha, by contrast, is hardly a household name and only made it into the news when he spoke out against the Iraq War. mirroring the WH's agenda of bashing those who disagree, and then suggesting that those who dissent are helping the terrorists, it's less that the pictures posted weren't funny (they aren't) and more that they conveyed an almost totalitarian message -- hence, the Orwell reference.

what are the pictures to do other than suggest? humor works on many levels, and it's the responsible, alert citizen who understands how these things function above and beyond their immediate resemblances. calling bush a buffoon is one thing. implying that murtha is a benedict arnold or a fat bastard is something else.

So when Cheney prefixed a rebuttle by describing Murtha as a patriot it was really a way of bashing him.

A_Wanderer said:
So when Cheney prefixed a rebuttle by describing Murtha as a patriot it was really a way of bashing him.

i'm talking more about when Rep. Jean Schmidt called him a "coward" on the floor of Congress.

Cheney and Bush were careful with Murtha, but Cheney has been brutal when it comes to "some Democrats" -- essentially saying that criticism of the conduct of the war hurt American soldiers.

diamond said:
Back to the topic of the thread, illustrated below are the fruits of appeasement:

_1446742_300_toulouse_ap.jpg

Ok Diamond I'll humour you.

Yes there ARE nutjobs out there who hate US values, but they could not do anything on their own, they are able to get recruits to fly planes into buildings because of US policy, having troops all over the middle east etc.

The causes of this go right back to Reagan/Thatcher who armed these guys in the first place and called them freedom fighters (Taliban etc).

The reason Europe is so skeptical of war is because we used to be the imperialists ourselves plus the fact that Europe has more recently had war on its own soil than the US which has not had a war on its own soil since the civil war.

Last edited:
diamond said:
Back to the topic of the thread, illustrated below are the fruits of appeasement:

diamond sweetie, what kind of shit are you posting here? I thought I had educated you by now. People come complaining about you, I explain them that you are a nice big guy who jumped onstage, but they don´t seem to listen.

My son, I have worked hard on your funky image. Don´t ruin it all in a second.

Sincerely
PM

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

diamond sweetie, what kind of shit are you posting here? I thought I had educated you by now. People come complaining about you, I explain them that you are a nice big guy who jumped onstage, but they don´t seem to listen.

My son, I have worked hard on your funky image. Don´t ruin it all in a second.

Sincerely
PM

:funkynessXdiamondness=sexyness
Now here is more wisdom below, follow the pictures and do the math:

diane2LR.gif

plus

physician.jpg

equals:
curious%20donkey.jpg

:dance::sexywink:

Last edited:
financeguy said:

Yes there ARE nutjobs out there who hate US values, but they could not do anything on their own, they are able to get recruits to fly planes into buildings because of US policy, having troops all over the middle east etc.

The causes of this go right back to Reagan/Thatcher who armed these guys in the first place and called them freedom fighters (Taliban etc).

The reason Europe is so skeptical of war is because we used to be the imperialists ourselves plus the fact that Europe has more recently had war on its own soil than the US which has not had a war on its own soil since the civil war.

The United States was the target of terrorist prior to any longterm stationing of US troops in the Middle East that happened after Saddam's unprovoked and brutal invasion of Kuwait in 1991. In addition, it would not be accurate to say that US troops were "all over the middle east" after the 1991 Gulf War.

The Taliban were created in Pakistan in the mid-1990s, long after both Reagan and Thatcher had left office. The Mujahadeen that the United States and several other countries supported during the 1980s turned into the Northern Alliance in the 1990s and were the strongest enemy and only surviving enemy force after the Taliban came to power in Afghanistan in the late 1990s. Bin Ladin and other Arab fighters were more oportunist looking anywhere in the world to rally a group for Jihad. They were not at the center of the insurgency in Afghanistan in the 1980s.

Its not accurate to compare European 19th century colonialism and imperialism to US foreign policy today. US foreign policy serves many interest in many ways, including the interest of the global economy and countries from China to Germany.

There is nothing that would be more likely to unite the American population in support of military action somewhere around the world than a foreign attack on US soil killing thousands, hundreds of thousands or even more US citizens. As evidenced by Spains retreat in the face of terrorism by Al Qauda, many in Europe indeed support of a policy of appeasement. Of course, there is a long history of this in Europe going back to the 1930s and is the chief reason World War II, the most deadly war in history, happened in least in regards to Europe.

diamond said:

:funkynessXdiamondness=sexyness
Now here is more wisdom below, follow the pictures and do the math:

:dance::sexywink:

teeth plus a doctor makes a donkey??

I told you not to exaggerate with the little blue pills. :hmm: :sexywink:

It says "DR TEETH IS AN ASS".

Why not just go for broke and start posting people's personal photos from Lemonade Stand, alongside pics of pigs wallowing in excrement, castrated livestock, chickens with their heads cut off, etc. Julius Streicher would be proud.

:happy: Oy, but I'm a humorless bastard.

Last edited:
financeguy said:

Financefellow-

Accoding to your logic, this was Americas' fault too ?-
USSOklahoma.jpg

wpe7D.jpg
Pearl_Harbor.jpg

As religious fundamentalists are a danger, so are political fundalmentalists even more so:

stalin2.jpg
idi%20amin-750227.jpg

Or were these Reagan and Thatcher's faults too?

ExtremeLiberalism is a disease of the mind, it clouds common sense.

And Yolland disparage yourself no further, nobody here don't finds you a bastard nor humorless.

thank you

db9
:sexywink:

Last edited:
:| what about religious and politic fundalmentalists ?

btw,...i have a nice little question. Who used the words, if you not with us, you are against us ?

yolland said:
It says "DR TEETH IS AN ASS".

Just more ridiculous, unfunny, idiotic nonsense from diamond. He constantly spams here like this and unfortunately even if you put him on the ignore list, when ya'all start quoting the BS, we end up reading it in spite of ourselves.

It's juvenile trash.

I find this thread refreshing. More refreshing than the consistant "theocracy watch" crap.

Back
Top Bottom