OK, So Now He's The "Peace President"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Interesting change of heart (?) from Feb to July..

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=615&e=4&u=/nm/campaign_bush_dc

"The enemy declared war on us," Bush told a re-election rally in Cedar Rapids. "Nobody wants to be the war president. I want to be the peace president... The next four years will be peaceful years." Bush used the words "peace" or "peaceful" a total of 20 times.

Bush has called himself a "war president" in leading the United States in a battle against terrorism brought about by the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on America. "I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind," he said in February. "

Sure, Mr. Bush is the peace president together with mr. sharon.

how about calling mr. Joseph Deiss war president instead of mr. bush?
(for those who don't know, Joseph Deiss is the president of Switzerland)

How will Mr. Bush know if the next 4 years will be peacefull? does he know that no countries harbour terrorists, develop WMDs or simply have to be liberated?
Seems to me like he either knows exactly what hapenes the next 4 years, he found out that his response was wrong or he simply tells the audience what he thinks they want to hear to reelect him.

Klaus said:
or he simply tells the audience what he thinks they want to hear to reelect him.

I think we have a winner :wink: He must have had some sort of poll briefing before he made his twenty whatever mentions of peace..

ok, my partisanship is going to show for a moment here.

WHAT AN IDIOT!!! I'm so sick of him lying and expecting the American public to be dumb enough to trust what he says. ARGH!!!!!!

*ahem* sorry for that outburst, please carry on...

What a nauseous queasy reaction I get from this man.

I think he's betting on attention-deficit americans to simply forget and beLIEve.

Well the first election he was a "compasionate conservative" and he really didn't own up to that one so well either. I don't think Bush has a true sence of who he really is.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Well the first election he was a "compasionate conservative" and he really didn't own up to that one so well either.

All Bush has proven is that "compassion" and "conservatism" together is an oxymoron. I've also never seen a more divisive president ever (remember his whole "uniter, not a divider" rhetoric to get elected?), and all he has done in the past four years is foster legislation to divide people. We're more polarized than ever as a nation, and the rest of the world is united in its distrust of us.

Melon

I can't believe he said that with a straight face.

Peace and peaceful were dirty words 6 months ago. That's when peace loving "liberals" were deemed to be French sympathizers, terrorist sympathizers, cheese eating surrender monkeys and God knows what else.

All Bush, all disingenuous, all the time.

Maybe he's the schizophrenic president:

schiz?o?phren?ic adj.
3: suffering from a form of schizophrenia characterized by foolish mannerisms and senseless laughter along with delusions and regressive behavior

:hmm:

Unbelievable. Does he think we haven't noticed what he's said and done for the last four years? It's an insult to every thinking person's intelligence. :down: :down: :down:

No big surprises. I truly believe they will do anything up to and including declaring martial law, to hold on to power. Should be an interesting few months.

joyfulgirl said:
Maybe he's the schizophrenic president:

schiz?o?phren?ic adj.
3: suffering from a form of schizophrenia characterized by foolish mannerisms and senseless laughter along with delusions and regressive behavior

:hmm:

Quite true. "God" supposedly tells Bush
what to do. I wonder what other voices
Bush hears in his head?

Last edited:
Kieran McConville said:
No big surprises. I truly believe they will do anything up to and including declaring martial law, to hold on to power. Should be an interesting few months.

I'm afraid of this. They've already hinted
this is the direction Bush is going to take.
"Terrorists" striking on election day stuff.
I truely believe if/when the terrorists
strike again, it's not going to be announced befiorehand as a warning
from " Homeland Security."
Homeland Security".......what a joke.
It's the agency that cries wolf. Uh oh,
Bush is slipping in the polls. We better
make an alert again.
I'm not too crazy about Kerry, but
another 4 years of Dumbya?????
No way!

Hmm I guess that Tom Daschle must be in on it too because he emerged from a briefing on the latest threat to do with the upcoming election season and he found it to be quite worrying and apolitical.

Back
Top Bottom