Oil drilling in the Rocky mountains ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rono

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Well, no Oil drilling in Alaska, sorry Bush. Is it true that he want to look for the black poison in the Rocky mountains ? Is that a national park to ?

Read you, Rono.

BTW, someone in your senat said that the Americans should not look for more oil but should start using less oil. Sounds very smart to me.

Originally posted by Rono:

BTW, someone in your senat said that the Americans should not look for more oil but should start using less oil. Sounds very smart to me.

A lot of our senators believe this, apparently not enough to do anything though
rolleyes.gif

As for drilling in Colorado, I hadn't heard anything about that, but I've been busy lately. But something tells me that if they didn't pass oil drilling in Alaska, there's no way they'd get it passed for a National Park in Colorado.

I'm Just waiting for them to tap the World's Greatest Resource for Oil in the World.. More than the Middle East.. The Area in the Gulf of Mexico.. Off the Coast of US..

L.Unplugged

It seems silly considering oil exploration on any site takes a minimum of a decade, and we're already on the brink of hydrogen fuel-cell engines. Even if we went in a prolonged conversion period, where eventually we hit half-hydrogen, half-oil engines in our end of the world, I'm sure our existing supply would be more than sufficient.

But, really, has politics ever made sense?

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Originally posted by Lemonite:
I'm Just waiting for them to tap the World's Greatest Resource for Oil in the World.. More than the Middle East.. The Area in the Gulf of Mexico.. Off the Coast of US..

L.Unplugged

Lemonite:

I may agree with you on a lot of political issues, but you are wrong on this one. The risks to the eastern Gulf of Mexico far outweight the benefits at this time. And besides, the only likely resource there is natural gas and perhaps a very limited amount compared to the western Gulf of Mexico, which is already drilled.

~U2Alabama

I understand that some of the politicians, especially of the Utahn persuasion, want to drill in Grand Staircase Escalante NM (an EXSISTING National Monument where drilling is already being allowed) and other pristine areas proposed for wilderness.

When will the madness end
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom