Ohio predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

come on, now.

maybe not you, but on this very forum we've had people talking about how they won't vote for Hillary because she's a bitch.

the strongest anti Hillary venom is from the Obama people

just like the strongest anti-McCain stuff is from the GOP / conservatives you mentioned

deep said:

just like the strongest anti-McCain stuff is from the GOP / conservatives you mentioned

just wait until the general.

then you'll see what real misogyny is waiting for Hillary.

they're just rubbing their hands -- and perhaps some are rubbing in that way, in some weird kind of mommy-spank-me fantasy -- and waiting for her to somehow make it to the general.

and then we'll hear what hate is all about.

The two Dem camps are often at each other's throats right now, period, and I don't see that ending until a clear winner in the delegates stakes emerges. It's stupid, because there's nothing to be gained at this point from squabbling about it...it's too late to decisively change most people's minds anyway.

I'd like to think Obama could evade a witch hunt in the general but I'm certainly not counting on it, I've seen too many election seasons come and go for that.

yolland said:
I'd like to think Obama could evade a witch hunt in the general but I'm certainly not counting on it, I've seen too many election seasons come and go for that.

Obama has had a fairly easy primary season

the other candidates were/ are at a loss to go on the offense

when they do/ or did
they get jumped on all over by the democrats

the general election will be different
it will only be about the swing voters
and these people won't circle the wagons around Obama
like his supporters have during the primaries

W had a pretty easy primary season, too.

You may recall.

I don't use terms like hand out or leg up in political discussions

I will say they each have had their "people", followers beating down the opposition.

also the press seemed to favor W in 2000 like it is favoring Obama, now.

while i don't agree that the press has somehow been easier on Obama,

if you are going to win in the general,

isn't it good to have the media in your corner?

Irvine511 said:
while i don't agree that the press has somehow been easier on Obama,

if you are going to win in the general,

isn't it good to have the media in your corner?

do you recall in 2000 how the press kept calling Gore stiff, and boring?

and W was the feel good guy?

Well,
it did get W close enough to steal the election in 2000 :shrug:

deep said:

do you recall in 2000 how the press kept calling Gore stiff, and boring?

and W was the feel good guy?

Well,
it did get W close enough to steal the election in 2000 :shrug:

Your comparisons are ridiculous. Gore WAS pretty stiff in his campaign...he's a lot better at appearing comfortable in public NOW, but back then he WAS boring - but his policies were right.

As for GWB being the 'feel good guy' - please don't even try this. NO ONE ever called GWB charasmatic, NO ONE ever called GWB 'a movement', NO ONE ever accused him of being in the ranks of JFK and MLK in terms of oratory skill and ability to inspire. No one.

'I'd rather have a drink with GWB than Gore' is in a completey different universe from the things people are saying about Obama.

It's not even comprable and I'm surprised that you are saying such silly things.

deep said:

Maybe right now, but overall it's from the GOP, before Obama even threw in his name Hillary was uniting the GOP. As I drive through East TX this weekend I noticted all the "anything but Hillary" signs, and these are definately not Obama fans, most of them still had Romney or Guiliani signs that they haven't removed yet.

U2isthebest said:

I've decided not to vote for Obama because he is a Muslim!!!11212111111!1!

I didn't realize you were being sarcastic.

*this post written in my second language of sarcasm*

namkcuR said:

Your comparisons are ridiculous. Gore WAS pretty stiff in his campaign...he's a lot better at appearing comfortable in public NOW, but back then he WAS boring - but his policies were right.

As for GWB being the 'feel good guy' - please don't even try this. NO ONE ever called GWB charasmatic, NO ONE ever called GWB 'a movement', NO ONE ever accused him of being in the ranks of JFK and MLK in terms of oratory skill and ability to inspire. No one.

'I'd rather have a drink with GWB than Gore' is in a completey different universe from the things people are saying about Obama.

It's not even comprable and I'm surprised that you are saying such silly things.

You're in Ohio........who are you voting for?

Obama's had it easy?

Yeah, he's had it easy fighting the media declared "Inevitable" Hillary Clinton for the last year.

He's had it easy despite winning 11 primaries in a row he still has to fight, if it were the other way around he'd be the Huckabee of the Democratic party.

He's had it easy being either too black, or not black enough.

I could go on :shrug:

I predict a split tonight, and the race will go on.

I think Clinton wins Ohio, Texas could go either way.

Why do people seem to think Obama is more "electable" in November than Clinton is? I mean, yeah you hear all the "Hillary is a bitch etc" talk but for all that I'd still figure on Bill Clinton supporters voting Hillary, and he was a pretty popular President. Whereas if it's Obama every bigot with eyeholes in his sheets will be stumping for McCain...

CTU2fan said:
I think Clinton wins Ohio, Texas could go either way.

Why do people seem to think Obama is more "electable" in November than Clinton is? I mean, yeah you hear all the "Hillary is a bitch etc" talk but for all that I'd still figure on Bill Clinton supporters voting Hillary, and he was a pretty popular President.

You are looking at this in its proper context.

Obama in 2008 is what Bush was in 2000

an unknown.

And look how well that turned out.

deep said:

You are looking at this in its proper context.

Obama in 2008 is what Bush was in 2000

an unknown.

And look how well that turned out.

I knew who Bush was in 1999 when he began his campaign. I was 11 at the time. Calling him an unknown is really stretching it.

I remember people being really high on Bush pre-2000. In '99 I'd have bet on Bush winning, and winning handily. Things didn't quite turn out that way though, electoral college be damned.

Question for anyone supporting either HRC or Obama. If your candidate loses would you actually vote McCain rather than the Democrat? Currently I'm leaning toward HRC, but I'd be perfectly happy with Obama and wouldn't hesitate to vote for him.

U2isthebest said:
I knew who Bush was in 1999 when he began his campaign. I was 11 at the time. Calling him an unknown is really stretching it.

when I say unknown

I don't mean name recognition

W was elected on the presumption that he would be like his Dad

GHW Bush 1 and if he were like his father we would not be living in this nightmare.

deep said:

when I say unknown

I don't mean name recognition

W was elected on the presumption that he would be like his Dad

GHW Bush 1 and if he were like his father we would not be living in this nightmare.

Gotcha. Although, I don't seem to recall hearing about Bush 1 being a fantastic or even that popular of a president.

U2democrat said:
With Obama, they're in play.

perhaps Virginia

but if your remove your emotional investment from your thinking

I believe you would conclude that those states in play will end up in the red zone

also, Hillary has a much better shot in Florida than Obama

CTU2fan said:
I remember people being really high on Bush pre-2000. In '99 I'd have bet on Bush winning, and winning handily. Things didn't quite turn out that way though, electoral college be damned.

Question for anyone supporting either HRC or Obama. If your candidate loses would you actually vote McCain rather than the Democrat? Currently I'm leaning toward HRC, but I'd be perfectly happy with Obama and wouldn't hesitate to vote for him.

I'm 100% behind Obama right now. I've always been a huge admirer of Hillary and was hoping she'd run. However, I feel like she's too divisive in terms of the GOP hate for her, and I'm very disappointed in the way she's run her campaign. I feel like a lot of it has been based on tactics similar to the Bush campaign right down to the Rovian fear tactics in her latest ad, "inIt's 3 am....". As soon as she started losing her hold on the nomination she resorted to attacks, and that is not the Hillary Clinton I've looked up to. That being said, there is little policy difference between her and Obama, so I willsupport her in November if she's the nominee.

deep said:

perhaps Virginia

but if your remove your emotional investment from your thinking

I believe you would conclude that those states in play will end up in the red zone

also, Hillary has a much better shot in Florida than Obama

If Virginia is in play, other states are in play.

I'm a poli-sci major, I can analyze without emotional investment thank you very much.

At this point in the race, if Clinton were to pull off an upset, so many of the new voters and independents who joined the movement purely because of Obama, will most likely stay home in November with a Clinton nomination.

Back
Top Bottom