Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Vest

Refugee
ATTENTION: ALL OBAMA SUPPORTERS

You better hope that John McCain isn't smarter than you think and actually picks Sarah Palin as his choice for VP. It's looking like she'd be the perfect choice...here's why...

- A Woman ( she would no doubt bring thousands of Hillary supporters to McCains camp)

- Pro-Life The Evangelicals love her. Nuff said there.

- Conservative The economic conservatives love her. Nuff said there.

- 90 % approval rating in home state of Alaska

- She's not Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty or Tom Ridge

I'm afraid he's actually going to pick her. If he does, this sends the race into a whole new dimension, a dimension I find scary in that it would become a real possibility that the Republicans could keep the Whitehouse indefinately.

-

There is evidence of hit squads operating in the democratic party. Maybe they will finish eating their own and get a republican.

:huh:

It would basically mean, to me, that Hillary's PUMA supporters are dumber than they look, if they would vote for a party and candidate that historically runs counter to all their interests, abortion rights included, just because there's a woman on the ticket. Nonetheless, having a woman on the VP ticket in 1984 certainly didn't change the fact that Reagan won reelection by an overwhelming landslide.

In terms of the other three points, they are, for the most part, a given regardless of the VP choice. A Republican presidential candidate will pick a pro-life Christian conservative (as if picking a non-Christian is even an option even in the Democratic ticket), and Alaska will vote Republican, just as they have done in every presidential election I can remember. In fact, that latter point might just be why she won't be chosen; the parties usually like to pick a VP from a swing state, although Dick Cheney was an obvious exception to this rule (another Texan, with technical residency in Wyoming), likely pointing to the confidence they had in winning. Since this election is seen as very close, I find it less likely that McCain will pick a VP candidate from a solidly Republican state.

There is evidence of hit squads operating in the democratic party. Maybe they will finish eating their own and get a republican.

:huh:

Both political parties need new blood to run them, but since only middle aged Harvard and Yale grads can actually go anywhere in our two political parties, it is probably why we're still playing by the same playbooks as during the Nixon era.

The U.S., regardless of who wins, is in a very sad state of affairs.

It would basically mean, to me, that Hillary's PUMA supporters are dumber than they look, if they would vote for a party and candidate that historically runs counter to all their interests, abortion rights included, just because there's a woman on the ticket.

You said what I wanted to say, but you said it with more style and grace than I would have used.

negatives:

-zero name recognition

-she offers no electoral map advantages coming from an isolated solidly Red state.

-her lack of foreign policy credentials might undermine McCain's attacks on Obama's lack of experience in that area.

-she's only 44

It would basically mean, to me, that Hillary's PUMA supporters are dumber than they look, if they would vote for a party and candidate that historically runs counter to all their interests, abortion rights included, just because there's a woman on the ticket. Nonetheless, having a woman on the VP ticket in 1984 certainly didn't change the fact that Reagan won reelection by an overwhelming landslide.

In terms of the other three points, they are, for the most part, a given regardless of the VP choice. A Republican presidential candidate will pick a pro-life Christian conservative (as if picking a non-Christian is even an option even in the Democratic ticket), and Alaska will vote Republican, just as they have done in every presidential election I can remember. In fact, that latter point might just be why she won't be chosen; the parties usually like to pick a VP from a swing state, although Dick Cheney was an obvious exception to this rule (another Texan, with technical residency in Wyoming), likely pointing to the confidence they had in winning. Since this election is seen as very close, I find it less likely that McCain will pick a VP candidate from a solidly Republican state.

Sure. But your overlooking something huge here. She brings together ALL fighting factions of the party AND she's a woman. It would be an absolute brilliant move on McCains's part to chose her. In fact, with her as a potential choice anything else seems downright stupid. The swing state argument doesn't really hold water this time around. This is a dramatic election and adding her would be the ultimate dramatic move on McCain's part. It would set off a firestorm within the Democratic party, pandemonium and panic would reign. Simply put, it would make this election the most interesting ever.

It would set off a firestorm within the Democratic party, pandemonium and panic would reign.

Frankly, it doesn't take much at all to do this. McCain could easily do the same thing by choosing Tom Ridge.

I was so hoping this was going to be about drafting Michael Palin for the spot. :sad:

I don't know anyone who's ever voted for a presidential ticket based on who has the vice president spot, but I might make an exception for him. :)

But seriously, you are ignoring the fact that there was a delegate killed yesterday. Was it Hillary killing the Obama delegate?

Eventually, they may turn on the democrats. This is clearly a conspiracy.

But seriously, you are ignoring the fact that there was a delegate killed yesterday. Was it Hillary killing the Obama delegate?

Eventually, they may turn on the democrats. This is clearly a conspiracy.

So funny that I almost laughed. :|

Does nobody realize this woman is in the midst of a scandal out there and is being investigated as we speak?

we already have a vice-president thread!!!

So I can't start that thread about Hillary really being Bigfoot? :(

Yes I'm quite sure that a bunch of Hillary supporters would flock to McCain just because he picks a female VP. Personally I wouldn't vote for the guy even if he had a female VP, an all female cabinet and staff, and a fabulous closet wing full of Manolos in every size and style that were available for all female citizens to borrow for free-like a Manolo library.

I usually shy away from FYM because I already spread enough knowledge around other parts of the forum.

But allow me to let you FYMrs in on a little secret...

McCain doesn't have a chance in hell of winning this election!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's funny because it's true.

I usually shy away from FYM because I already spread enough knowledge around other parts of the forum.

But allow me to let you FYMrs in on a little secret...

McCain doesn't have a chance in hell of winning this election!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's funny because it's true.

Oh how wrong you are. It's opinions like yours that might actually win it for McCain...oh the old doddering fool doesn't have a chance kind of thinking. I'd watch that shit if I were you. Be careful now.

I think Romney would win the election for him

> Romney plus a pledge of just serving one term.

Wrong choice. The reason. He's Mormon. Very few evangelicals are going to vote for a mormon...that's almost like voting for the anti-christ or "the one" Obama. Palin's the only one that could hold it all together for McCain and thank God he doesn't seem smart enough lately. All this talk of Lieberman, Ridge, Romney, Pawlenty - it's hilarious. Any one of those clowns would probably lose it for him.

H V

take a deep breath :wink:

count to thirty

and don't just go with a gut reaction

1. Romney won over many conservatives during the GOP primary

2. A couple of things about those Mormons, they are anti- gay marriage and strong pro-life (something the conservatives seem to agree with? maybe? )

now here is the part that you may need to prepare yourself for.

3. with the one term pledge from McCain and Romney as the V P, who would be the likely GOP nominee in 2012 ????? one guess >>>>> Romney :shrug:

but he is a smelly Mormon :barf:

the Democratic Nominee would have a cakewalk :yes:

and who would the Democratic nominee be?

not Obama, he is a loser :no:

I wonder who ???

Now, who will win the most if Romney if the nominee ????

Will PUMAS like the McCain/ Romney ticket / pledge, could some (just enough) even cast a vote for 2012 in 2008?

(it is kind of like chess, a lot of strategy and planning 5 moves ahead. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom