Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like McCain would never be able to win the Republican nomination right? He was DONE right?
What are you talking about, did I allude to that at all?

I believe I did answer, but if you didn't see it, she is from outside Washington, further outside Washington than any candidate for the office has ever been. Independents are likely to love that. Democratic strategist have already acknowledged that Obama is having difficulty picking up segments of Hillary Clinton's voting block.

Who do you think Reagan Democrats in Western Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia have more in common with, Joe Biden, Barack Obama, John McCain, or Sarah Palin?

I honestly cannot see Pawlenty or Romney picking up more independents or Democrats for McCain than Sarah Palin can. Unless you can show that this hurts McCain with the Republican base, then its going to be a net positive for McCain.

But will find out soon enough, so I would be careful with your predictions.

I admitted she may attract Reagan Democrats if they vote fiscally only, but I think McCain already had those type of voters.

SHE WILL NOT WIN OVER HILLARY SUPPORTERS BECAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN. Why can't you figure that out?

I'm not convinced, and I honestly believe most of you aren't either that she's really going to bring over some new votes. She secured part of the base, that's it.

Hillary's gals would no more vote for Palin than Palin's girls would vote for Hillary....

Why must we treat people like they are stupid and have not thought about the issues????

Oh, and Ten bucks says there is a Hillary supporter speaking at the Republican Convention this week.......

Hillary's gals would no more vote for Palin than Palin's girls would vote for Hillary....

Why must we treat people like they are stupid and have not thought about the issues????
Exactly, I think it's really telling how it's usually the "men" saying she's going to win the women vote.

Oh, and Ten bucks says there is a Hillary supporter speaking at the Republican Convention this week.......

:yes:

True, if you frame it that way.

Here is Orange County CA (population over 3 million, that is more than probably 4 states, and we don't have our own Senator) , we just got our first woman Sheriff.

I don't think women care if she is a Dem or Republican. The glass ceiling has been broken.

One very huge factor for me in considering voting for Obama, is that I would like to see the color barrier broken, once and for all.

I do believe there are some of these Hillary supporters that will want the glass ceiling broken.

And if one looks into Palin, they will see that she has a good chunk of the GOP establishment (in Alaska) against her.
She also has appointed Democrats, Independents and she is only able to move legislation by getting support from Democrats.

What Senator does that remind you of?

Even if it means voting for someone who is anti-choice, creationist, etc? Someone who is the complete opposite of their original candidate?

Then why the hell didn't they just register Republican in the first place?

If one is only looking at this through partisan eyes than your statement makes sense.

If one is only looking at this through 'glass ceiling being broken" than a female V P does that.

Does anyone deny that when Elizabeth Dole got elected to the Senate from a Southern State it was not an accomplishment for women?

another thing to consider,

we have many Black Conservatives that are supporting Obama, why?

they say to break the color barrier.

Can I skip reading this entire thread and just say... (and from what I've heard in the last day...)

Palin is apparently the governor of a state that has about 600,000. How many years "experience" has she had? Didn't she state she didn't even know what the VP actually does on a day to day basis. And if something happens to McCain, she's next in command? I DON'T THINK SO!

(Watch Bill Maher, it was really good last night!)

She is not a Milf - GILF:D

sarah-palin-vogue.jpg

If one is only looking at this through partisan eyes than your statement makes sense.

If one is only looking at this through 'glass ceiling being broken" than a female V P does that.

Does anyone deny that when Elizabeth Dole got elected to the Senate from a Southern State it was not an accomplishment for women?

another thing to consider,

we have many Black Conservatives that are supporting Obama, why?

they say to break the color barrier.

I can see their point, and I have to say I'm excited that no matter what happens in November, it's a big deal either way, but I wouldn't vote for Rice or Dole just because she's a girl.

I wouldn't vote for Rice or Dole just because she's a girl.

I get you completely

but, I don't get how some people in here and other places
assume that their line of thinking is universal

I try and explain what I think and why
there may be some people I share a "demographic" with
over 50s, moderates?. swing voters, perhaps :shrug:

Does anyone mind if I don't join in the revelry about Palin's looks? It's okay if she's pretty, you know. I hope that women can be evaluated for something other than looks.

I think she led her High School Basketball team to a state championship :up:

I get what you're saying.

I just think that the number of such women is insignificant enough to not change the outcome in any given state. But people talk about them as if Palin is suddenly a game changer when the first poll tells you that women themselves are more suspicious of her than men.

Every Republican pundit on TV last night was behaving as if droves of Hillary voters were ready for picking. As if.

Wow. Talk about ready to lead, my mom did the same with softball. Maybe she can be a VP nominee in 2012.:up:

( I might vote for your mom, send me a picture )

Well, with all the hoopla about Obama being a community organizer. :yawn:

I guess that means Al Sharpton should be Pope. :shrug:

( I might vote for your mom, send me a picture )

Well, with all the hoopla about Obama being a community organizer. :yawn:

I guess that means Al Sharpton should be Pope. :shrug:

:lol: I don't think anyone said that simply because Obama was a community organizer, he's qualified to be president. It's brought up most times because with his accomplishments in law school he could've gone to any law firm in the country, but he chose to work in a job that pays less money in order to help people. He's not the only person to have done that of course, but it does show that the common good and welfare of people are important to him. I would say that's a good quality for a president to have. Also, never, ever compare Obama to the paranoid douchebag that is Al Sharpton.

Just like McCain would never be able to win the Republican nomination right? He was DONE right?

I believe I did answer, but if you didn't see it, she is from outside Washington, further outside Washington than any candidate for the office has ever been. Independents are likely to love that. Democratic strategist have already acknowledged that Obama is having difficulty picking up segments of Hillary Clinton's voting block.

Who do you think Reagan Democrats in Western Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia have more in common with, Joe Biden, Barack Obama, John McCain, or Sarah Palin?

I honestly cannot see Pawlenty or Romney picking up more independents or Democrats for McCain than Sarah Palin can. Unless you can show that this hurts McCain with the Republican base, then its going to be a net positive for McCain.

But will find out soon enough, so I would be careful with your predictions.

do you think Sarah Palin would make a good president? if so, why?

Do you really think McCain would pick up more women with Pawlenty or Romney on the ticket?

the small amount of rabidly anti-choice Christian women who were somehow going to vote for Obama even without Hillary who will now be brought over to McCain because of Palin will be offset by the socially moderate, financially conservative independents who think McCain just did something incredibly idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom