Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say yes, it even makes Biden more qualified to be Commander in Chief (not qualififed to be second in command).

There is a unique quality to having been, or had a loved one in a war zone that helps balance empathy, compassion, against duty and doing the right thing. It's something that I think helps make people that have 'been there' better at the job.

No matter what it is.

W had a loved one in a war zone. His dad should've taught him what that means.

Obviously, it did nothing for him.

To avoid the ridiculous debacle from yesterday, I'll merely state again that military experience--whether its your own or that of a loved one--is not in and of itself a "get to the White House free" card by any means. And I'll leave it at that.

There is a unique quality to having been, or had a loved one in a war zone that helps balance empathy, compassion, against duty and doing the right thing. It's something that I think helps make people that have 'been there' better at the job.

No matter what it is.

I am one of the few people here who would qualify.

And I think this is RIDICULOUS.

I'd say yes, it even makes Biden more qualified to be Commander in Chief (not qualififed to be second in command).

No matter what it is.

That sounds nice, but it has nothing to do with leadership and decision-making skills, intelligence, the capacity for rational thought, the ability to consider all sides of an issue, or having a strong grasp on the politics and current affairs of the country and the rest of the world. We've had great presidents who fought in wars and great presidents who did not. There is nothing about having fought in a war or knowing someone who has that makes one capable of being president. If that's the case millions of American veterans or family members of veterans should just go put their names on the ballots now. I know some brave people that have fought in wars from World War II on down. I honor their service and bravery. I don't want any of them near the White House.

i know, i'm officially a resident of Arlington.

communist Arlington.

:ohmy: ???????? Since when!?! You yuppie! :wink: Now we definitely need to officially hang out more than just a few minutes after a movie!

Hmmm.....I move that we should have a VA/DC/MD election night party...perhaps even a debate gathering....

:ohmy: ???????? Since when!?! You yuppie! :wink: Now we definitely need to officially hang out more than just a few minutes after a movie!

Hmmm.....I move that we should have a VA/DC/MD election night party...perhaps even a debate gathering....

i'd be up for it.

i will tell you that i will be out in the city for election night. because DC is the only city in the world where the bars will be packed, and SILENT, on election night.

and if it's good news, that means there will be dancing in Dupont Circle.

(i'll be in Arlington into 2009, and then Memphis and i will look around ... we do like Capitol Hill, but that's where the Dirty Bomb will hit ...)

DENVER -- Though it was high in shock value, the Palin pick left bruised feelings among the short-list contenders who were not picked -- and infuriated some Republican officials who privately said McCain had gone out on a limb, unnecessarily, without laying the groundwork for such an unknown. Two senior Republican officials close to Mitt Romney and Tim
Pawlenty said they had both been rudely strung along and now "feel manipulated."

"They now know that they were used as decoys, well after McCain had decided not to pick them," one Republican involved in the process said.

Mitt mad.

i'd be up for it.

i will tell you that i will be out in the city for election night. because DC is the only city in the world where the bars will be packed, and SILENT, on election night.

Very true. Maybe a debate gathering, then...:hmm:

(i'll be in Arlington into 2009, and then Memphis and i will look around ... we do like Capitol Hill, but that's where the Dirty Bomb will hit ...)

:lol:
We'll be here through next spring, then we have to decide how close to town we can be and still afford to buy a place...

And Biden is 16 years older than Alaska, and 17 years older than Obama's home state. :shrug:

but Biden doesn't want to kill the polar bears.

please.

cute_polar_bear.jpg

think of the polar bears.

PUMAs are going to flock to Palin!!!

Once onstage, together with Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano, Palin talked about what women expect from women leaders; how she took charge in Alaska during a political scandal that threatened to unseat the state's entire Republican power structure, and her feelings about Sen. Hillary Clinton. (She said she felt kind of bad she couldn't support a woman, but she didn't like Clinton's "whining.")

Quit yer bitchin' Hill!

Newsweek.

Once onstage, together with Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano, Palin talked about what women expect from women leaders; how she took charge in Alaska during a political scandal that threatened to unseat the state's entire Republican power structure, and her feelings about Sen. Hillary Clinton. (She said she felt kind of bad she couldn't support a woman, but she didn't like Clinton's "whining.")
Let the Quayle jokes begin...NOW.

Plus Strongbow hasn't shown any evidence that Hillary --> McCain supporters would be any kind of a bloc in the electorate. The PUMA demonstrations this week infamously failed.

Look at what happened to Barack Obama in Pennsylvania and Ohio. Thats all the evidence one needs to know that this was a good pick for McCain, although I still think Ridge would have been better.

Democratic strategist already admit that one of Obama's chief weaknesses is securing the entire Hillary block. The national polls have been very close recently until Obama's bounce from the convention, the full extent of which we won't know until tomorrow afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom