Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like McCain's legal team decided it was time to vet properly...NOW. You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

YouTube - Mitchell: GOP Lawyers in Alaska for "Deeper Vet"

Meanwhile, his top policy advisor won't answer whether McCain was informed about Bristol, even though yesterday they said that he was.

Asked if the campaign knew about the pregnancy at the time of Palin's selection, Holtz-Eakin said, "As I said, what I think we ought to do is recognize that the governor was completely vetted by the campaign. Senator McCain has complete confidence in her as a running mate and as a future vice president of the United States, and the particulars of the family life of the Palins is really something that's best left to them."

Maybe that legal team should have gone up to Anchorage like a month ago...

I was baffled at the idea of staunch right wingers feeling the need to throw her under the bus or forgive anything; I don't see how the mother is responsible; if she had directly caused the unprotected sex it would be a different issue.

Was it a calculated political ploy
“In the 32-year history of Focus on the Family, we have offered prayer, counseling and resource assistance to tens of thousands of parents and children in the same situation the Palins are now facing. We have always encouraged the parents to love and support their children and always advised the girls to see their pregnancies through, even though there will of course be challenges along the way. That is what the Palins are doing, and they should be commended once again for not just talking about their pro-life and pro-family values, but living them out even in the midst of trying circumstances.

“Being a Christian does not mean you’re perfect. Nor does it mean your children are perfect. But it does mean there is forgiveness and restoration when we confess our imperfections to the Lord. I’ve been the beneficiary of that forgiveness and restoration in my own life countless times, as I’m sure the Palins have.

“The media are already trying to spin this as evidence Gov. Palin is a ‘hypocrite,’ but all it really means is that she and her family are human. They are in my prayers and those of millions of Americans.”
Political Punch

You gotta love Dobby. You get a free pass on everything as long as you're not gay, a Democrat, anti-war, pro-choice, or anything other than a Conservative Christian. You're really drawing 'em in with the love of Christ, there James!:happy::|

Looks like McCain's legal team decided it was time to vet properly...NOW. You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

YouTube - Mitchell: GOP Lawyers in Alaska for "Deeper Vet"

Meanwhile, his top policy advisor won't answer whether McCain was informed about Bristol, even though yesterday they said that he was.

Maybe that legal team should have gone up to Anchorage like a month ago...

a little bit of a leap

this may be true

or

may not be true

we have one talking head

that said

'There are reports, that there are GOP Attorneys up there."

The fact is, regardless of what you will hear over the next few days, Bristol's pregnancy is not a legitimate political issue. Sarah Palin is a longterm member of a group called Feminists for Life, which is not opposed to birth control. So you probably can't tag her for consigning young people to unwanted pregnancies.

You can argue that it was hamhanded of the McCain campaign—they had to have known, right?—to somehow let this drop just a few days after the announcement. Pregnancy does show, and it does have a ticking clock. The story was going to come out eventually.

As for the idea — sure to be floated—that the avowedly anti-abortion Palin may have pressured her poor daughter to ruin her life by carrying an unwanted baby to term, I wouldn't bet on it. The Palin family seems to share the same pro-life values going back at least as far back as anyone here can remember, and it wouldn't be at all surprising if Bristol wore those values, however imperfectly, as her own. At least, that's what the town thinks. And Wasilla, above all, is pretty sensible.

a little more light on the subject

In Wasilla, Pregnancy Was No Secret - TIME

Women and PUMAs will have a choice this election,

they can vote for a ticket that includes a:

Feminist. ( Sarah Palin is a longterm member of a group called Feminists for Life )

or a ticket that many believe sexism kept the most qualified and best candidate off the entire ticket.

Identity politics is a big turn off, it's a pity that both parties are playing that game, when your only voting for rich white men it levels the playing field.

Puhleeeze

Women and PUMAs will have a choice this election,

they can vote for a ticket that includes a:

Feminist. ( Sarah Palin is a longterm member of a group called Feminists for Life )

or a ticket that many believe sexism kept the most qualified and best candidate off the entire ticket.

:lol:

I see you're quite the fan of hyperbole.

Of course it couldn't have been

that Obama ran the better campaign
and struck more of a chord with the voters, could it?

Nah, couldn't be.

Once again

You've nailed it, deep,

How about as a woman, I vote for the ticket I most believe has my best interests in mind, regardless of the sex or race of the candidates? (Hint: It ain't lookin' like McCain/Palin.)

"If McCain can get the votes of all the women who were pregnant at their weddings, it'll be a landslide!"

:angry:

Was it the sexism of Obama that kept Hillary from being selected as VP? Or was it the sexism of 18 million Democratic voters and a superior Obama campaign strategy that accumulated more delegates?

If some in the media's undeniable bias had strongly influenced voters then Clinton would have collapsed after Iowa when they took out the knives. But she stormed back in New Hampshire.

All I know is, Obama wasn't the one who laughed and nodded after a questioner wondered "how do we beat the bitch?"

What'd I miss? :wink:

Well, my friend knows this guy who's friends with this other girl, and her brother is dating this girl whose cousin said he saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

So I guess it's pretty serious.

I was just thinking, this has been one of the most bizarre weekends I've ever seen, and this coming week has the potential to be equally bizarre.

Question: does the marriage make the teen pregnancy "O.K." in the eyes of the right wing folks?

I think any pregnancy at 17 is unfortunate. That said, she is taking, in my opinion and the opinion of most Christians, the best course of action- keeping the baby and getting married to the father, with a large family of support behind her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom