Oh My God...McCain could win if he picks Palin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think, a little sex ed could have prevented this all...

Lol -- BVS, you don't think she knew how one gets pregnant? Hmmm... I don't think so. This is just a different path. The family will be tighter, stronger, and one larger.

No worries.

Lol -- BVS, you don't think she knew how one gets pregnant? Hmmm... I don't think so. This is just a different path. The family will be tighter, stronger, and one larger.

No worries.

Pro Family ppl grow stronger thru a crisis and recoganize blessings; anti family proponents do not.

I admire Bristol's along with Sarah's courage.

<>

No worries.

Considering Palin is a strong proponent of abstinence-only sex education, she probably, and I say this as a child of parents who believed the same way, she likely never taught her children about the different methods of contraception. People with strong abstinence-only beliefs, think that telling their children about using any form of birth control or protection will encourage them to have sex. To them, it's best to just tell their kids to not have sex. The problem with this way of thinking is that many of these teens are going to have sex regardless, of what their parents say. If they've never been taught how to have safe, protected sex, they're going to be much less likely to use contraception, and, therefore, much more likely to become pregnant (or get a girl pregnant, as the case may be). All parents should tell their children what their beliefs are about sex and their expectations for their teen's sexual behavior. They should also know, however, that teens will make their own choices about sex, and they need to teach their children all the ways of protecting themselves, so situations like this become less common. I'm glad that the Palins are supporting their daughter, but no one should be standing up and cheering for the pregnancy and marriage of a 17 year old.

Considering Palin is a strong proponent of abstinence-only sex education, she probably, and I say this as a child of parents who believed the same way, she likely never taught her children about the different methods of contraception. People with strong abstinence-only beliefs, think that telling their children about using any form of birth control or protection will encourage them to have sex. To them, it's best to just tell their kids to not have sex. The problem with this way of thinking is that many of these teens are going to have sex regardless, of what their parents say. If they've never been taught how to have safe, protected sex, they're going to be much less likely to use contraception, and, therefore, much more likely to become pregnant (or get a girl pregnant, as the case may be). All parents should tell their children what their beliefs are about sex and their expectations for their teen's sexual behavior. They should also know, however, that teens will make their own choices about sex, and they need to teach their children all the ways of protecting themselves, so situations like this become less common. I'm glad that the Palins are supporting their daughter, but no one should be standing up and cheering for the pregnancy and marriage of a 17 year old.

Bullshit

And now the "Christian"-right will come in claiming that "this is just life" and the Palins shouldn't be attacked for this (which they will be correct for), while attacking anyone who is not Sarah Palin for the exact same thing. Hypocrisy for the win.

And now the "Christian"-right will come in claiming that "this is just life" and the Palins shouldn't be attacked for this (which they will be correct for), while attacking anyone who is not Sarah Palin for the exact same thing. Hypocrisy for the win.

Exactly. All of those evil, heathen teens having sex out there are going to burn in a fiery pit of damnation, but since this lady is in their pocket politically, it's all ok. I was raised under this type of thinking my entire life. Nobody can tell me it doesn't exist.

Pro Family ppl grow stronger thru a crisis and recoganize blessings; anti family proponents do not.

<>

Yay! Teen pregnancy for all then! I mean, what pro family wouldn't want to grow stronger?

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out this way, like in the community where I work.

<>

if this were a Democrat's daughter,

you'd be wondering why the little slut just didn't go get herself vacummed out like the rest of them do.

i just know there's a "Juno/Juneau" irony in here somewhere.

01AwcAX1mu5hYAAAABAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for all!

And remember, always twirling, twirling, TWIRLING towards freedom!

Obama on Palin

Politico's Carrie Budoff Brown reports: At a press avail in Monroe, Mich., Barack Obama on Palin: "Back off these kinds of stories."

"I have said before and I will repeat again: People's families are off limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18 and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn’t be a topic of our politics."

On charges that his campaign has stoked the story via liberal blogs:

"I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us," he said. "Our people were not involved in any way in this, and they will not be. And if I thought there was somebody in my campaign who was involved in something like that, they would be fired."

exactly the right thing to say. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom