Oh Hillary, Hillary, Hillary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You want to know why I start these threads...firstly it's because of how Hillary has conducted herself throughout this whole campaign. I just cannot stand it. Second, it's because here I am posting yet another op-ed and no one ever comments on it. You all gang up and yell at me about how stupid these threads are. Never an actual comment (positive or negative) about the said piece. Just get over your dislike of me and read the articles. This is the reason I put up someone elses opinion now instead of ranting and raving like I used to. Sure, it's always anti-Hillary but so what, I can't stand her...and it's got absolutely NOTHING to do with her being a woman so don't even go there. It's mainly about how she has conducted herself in this campaign and how her and Bill seem to think they are entitled to another shot at the Presidency. Even when everything is over and it is Obama's night and the whole world is watching she manages to screw that up. Unbelievable really. Anyways, the sooner this fiasco is done the sooner I quit posting articles about Hillary. It is getting a tad exhausting. Peace.

It is getting a tad exhausting.

Indeed it is.

I hate Hillary too, but even I'm finding these threads to be a tad wearying. It's really no different than the atheist posters making threads specifically to piss of the religious or vice versa, and it's all part of why I really hate what FYM has become, but you shouldn't be let off the hook. It's antagonistic towards Hillary supporters and glorified spamming, really.

You know, Harry, I was mostly joking when I posted in another of your threads that we should just add all your posts into one thread that says "I don't like Hillary Clinton and here's why" - but now I honestly think it's a good idea. Flooding FYM with the same thing over and over is unnecessary.

You want to know why I start these threads...firstly it's because of how Hillary has conducted herself throughout this whole campaign. I just cannot stand it. Second, it's because here I am posting yet another op-ed and no one ever comments on it.

Why don't you try offering up discussion points? Your personal criticisms? Comments on the article/editorial? Anything but posting a random link.

It is. I don't even come here that often and I'm sick of your constant anti-Hillary threads.

If you don't come here that often how come every time you do "I'm sick of your constant anti-hillary threads" ...you actually read them??? There's plenty of other threads to read so why even bother with mine????

You want to know why I start these threads...firstly it's because ....
Peace.

Harry my friend, I appreciate your opinions and feelings

I respect your right to post what ever you want.

I am at a lost with all the complaining at you.

Many threads get started in here
some get no replies
and fall off the first page and disappear pretty fast.

There are threads started in here,
I roll my eyes at

I just don't see the need to post it and complain

Free speech for everyone,
(not just the people one agrees with)

and if one doesn't like it, don't reply :shrug:

Why don't you try offering up discussion points? Your personal criticisms? Comments on the article/editorial? Anything but posting a random link.

I think he did, here \/

I can't stand her...
and it's got absolutely NOTHING to do with her being a woman so don't even go there.
It's mainly about how she has conducted herself in this campaign and how her and Bill seem to think they are entitled to another shot at the Presidency. Even when everything is over and it is Obama's night and the whole world is watching she manages to screw that up.
Unbelievable really. Anyways, the sooner this fiasco is done the sooner I quit posting articles about Hillary.
It is getting a tad exhausting. Peace.

sure,
fair enough

but there is no required format for this place
and it does seem like there can be a "pack" mentality of complaining against one member sometimes

every now and then, I get a little bit of it
I am an old bastard, and my skin is thick as hell, so I don't care

I think us "regulars" can and do drive people away with some of the "piling on"

I try never to consciously participate in it.

Okay, fair call on the piling on. Harry Vest, regardless of what I've said to you in past threads, I apologize for chiming in on this one.

But how about just creating one Hillary thread and putting all your articles in there instead of a new thread each time you have something new to call out?

Okay, fair call on the piling on. Harry Vest, regardless of what I've said to you in past threads, I apologize for chiming in on this one.

But how about just creating one Hillary thread and putting all your articles in there instead of a new thread each time you have something new to call out?

Not a bad idea...except it looks like this is the LAST time I'll have to:yippie:

Did you guys see this article yesterday posted by Hillary Rozen, a Hillary supporter, very loyal, until yesterday. This was her final straw.

Also, per NBC News the extra pressure placed on Hillary yesterday to let go and endorse him was because the superdelegates who endorsed her and supported her asked to be released (so they could be gracious and officially endorse Obama) she wouldn't officially release them and that pissed them off big time!! Read this!!

Hilary Rosen

I Am Not a Bargaining Chip, I Am a Democrat

Senator Clinton's speech last night was a justifiably proud recitation of her accomplishments over the course of this campaign, but it did not end right. She didn't do what she should have done. As hard and as painful as it might have been, she should have conceded, congratulated, endorsed and committed to Barack Obama. Therefore the next 48 hours are now as important to the future reputation of Hillary Clinton as the last year and a half have been.

I am disappointed. As a long time Hillary Clinton supporter and more importantly, an admirer, I am sad that this historic effort has ended with such a narrow loss for her. There will be the appropriate "if onlys" for a long time to come. If only the staff shakeup happened earlier; if only the planning in caucus states had more focus; if only Hillary had let loose with the authentic human and connecting voice she found in the last three months of the campaign. If only. If only. I have written many times on this site about the talents of Hillary Clinton and why I thought she'd make a great President.

After last night's final primary, she was only about pledged 100 delegates behind him. Ironic that after not wanting to make the decision for so long, it was in fact, the superdelegates who made the decision. But I guess they did so for another reason. It just isn't her time. It is his time. It's a new day that offers a freshness to our party that many have longed for. We felt the rush of new voices and a new energy in the Congressional sweep of 2006 and the sweep continues. It has been an organic shift. And a healthy one.

The life's work of Bill and Hillary Clinton in partnering with so many African Americans uniting our purpose and promoting our mutual issues is as responsible for Barack Obama's success as our first African American nominee as anyone. And yet, that joy is being denied for them by themselves. It is so sad.

So, I am also so very disappointed at how she has handled this last week. I know she is exhausted and she had pledged to finish the primaries and let every state vote before any final action. But by the time she got on that podium last night, she knew it was over and that she had lost. I am sure I was not alone in privately urging the campaign over the last two weeks to use the moment to take her due, pass the torch and cement her grace. She had an opportunity to soar and unite. She had a chance to surprise her party and the nation after the day-long denials about expecting any concession and send Obama off on the campaign trail of the general election with the best possible platform. I wrote before how she had a chance for her "Al Gore moment." And if she had done so, the whole country ALL would be talking today about how great she is and give her her due.

Instead she left her supporters empty, Obama's angry and party leaders trashing her. She said she was stepping back to think about her options. She is waiting to figure out how she would "use" her 18 million voters.

But not my vote. I will enthusiastically support Barack Obama's campaign. Because I am not a bargaining chip. I am a Democrat.

That is a very good article, and I'm sure it expresses the feelings of many Hillary supporters.

eta:

Good for her...see, I'm hardly the only one who thinks her behavior is disgraceful!!!

Those are the words of a disappointed supporter who feels that she should have done a few things differently, especially of late. It hardly compares with your over-the-top, irrational rantings.

That is a very good article, and I'm sure it expresses the feelings of many Hillary supporters.

eta:

Those are the words of a disappointed supporter who feels that she should have done a few things differently, especially of late. It hardly compares with your over-the-top, irrational rantings.

You're right...I saw it a long time ago - she just realised it.

This is hardly confirmation of all of your accusations.

I mean, really...if you sat down with this woman and listed all of your many Hillary complaints, do you think she'd agree with you, every one of them?

:rolleyes: You're so biased, you can't even look at things rationally.

Eta - that statement was probably harsh, and it would probably be helpful if I better explained what I mean, rather than jotting off one-liners in frustration.

Hillary and Oback have very similar platforms politically, it's just stylistically that they differ. You obviously are deeply offended by Hillary's style, but you have to realize that not everyone is. She probably did make many mistakes, and ran a "dirtier" campaign than did Barack. That doesn't make her the devil though, and it doesn't make her supporters deluded, nor have they had the wool pulled over their eyes until now. The tone of many of your posts imply that this is the case, and it's really offensive.

Back
Top Bottom