Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #641
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


Ok.....?

Please elaborate.
You just know very little about politics and the little that you know you take from Rush or antihillary sites. Nothing to scratch your head over, I think it's a bubble that you consciously live in.
__________________

BVS is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #642
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,258
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


You just know very little about politics and the little that you know you take from Rush or antihillary sites. Nothing to scratch your head over, I think it's a bubble that you consciously live in.
Well that's your opinion, but it is a dumb one. I dont live in any bubble, I follow politics closely and know more than any other 19 year old I know. And FYI, I have visited that Anti-Hillary site once. I was searching for something on Google and it brought me there. I do not get my news there, so you are, once again, incorrect.
__________________

2861U2 is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #643
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


Well that's your opinion, but it is a dumb one. I dont live in any bubble, I follow politics closely and know more than any other 19 year old I know. And FYI, I have visited that Anti-Hillary site once. I was searching for something on Google and it brought me there. I do not get my news there, so you are, once again, incorrect.
I know some very well informed 19 year olds, and you may follow politics but it's how you follow politics that is disturbing. Anyone who believes we have satellite footage because "Rush wouldn't lie", lives somewhat in a bubble. If you paid any attention outside of that news source you would have known he's a liar.

Well then why post a website you've only visited once? Don't trust everything you read just because it fits your bias. Question everything!!!
BVS is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 11:35 AM   #644
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,258
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar



Well then why post a website you've only visited once? Don't trust everything you read just because it fits your bias. Question everything!!!
That site wasnt the only place you can find those quotes. I could give you dozens of websites that have that same list.
2861U2 is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #645
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


That site wasnt the only place you can find those quotes. I could give you dozens of websites that have that same list.
I'm sure you could but I'm not interested. I'm not interested in out of context unsourced quotes from any politician.

We could dedicate half the internet to Bush quotes but what would be the point?
BVS is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #646
Forum Moderator
 
ramblin rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 12,863
Local Time: 05:20 PM
If we can live with this idiot for 8 years.....http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...umbquotes2.htm...I'm not too worried about Hillary.
__________________
ramblinrose[at]interference.com
ramblin rose is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #647
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,258
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I'm not interested in out of context unsourced quotes from any politician.
Out of context. Right.

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
We could dedicate half the internet to Bush quotes but what would be the point?
Bush isnt running for office, so there wouldnt be a real reason to right now. Clinton is running for President of the United States. If Bush (or anyone else) were running a campaign right now, they would be legitimate insights into his character and personality. I'm sure that in '04 there were Bush/Kerry "quote wars" going back and forth here and other places on the net.
2861U2 is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #648
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:20 PM


My whole point is that quotes don't mean crap. Context is everything. Stances on policy and what they are going to do is everything.

Quotes from Rudy, Clinton, Romney, Obama, I don't care. They don't mean anything to me. I've seen how quotes can get twisted.

Quotes are great for greeting cards and graduation speeches, not forming educated opinions.
BVS is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:29 PM   #649
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ramblin rose
If we can live with this idiot for 8 years.....http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...umbquotes2.htm...I'm not too worried about Hillary.
what's wrong with this quote:


23. "People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002
diamond is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:34 PM   #650
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,258
Local Time: 04:20 PM
^ One of a handful of quotes there that I find nothing wrong with.
2861U2 is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #651
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,749
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond


what's wrong with this quote:


23. "People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002
what is a shut-in?
unico is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #652
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond


what's wrong with this quote:


23. "People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002
Too bad he doesn't practice what he preaches.
BVS is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #653
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by unico


what is a shut-in?
wow.
diamond is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #654
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,258
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico


what is a shut-in?
Wikipedia: A shut-in is a person who is either unwilling or unable to leave his home, often due to disability, or a mental disease.

I dont see a problem.
2861U2 is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #655
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,749
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond


wow.
oh come on...do you use that word every day? i hadn't heard it before.
unico is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #656
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Too bad he doesn't practice what he preaches.

you don't know that.

but what i know as well as others is you are a fault finder based on that post and your posting history.

dbs
diamond is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #657
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,258
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond



you don't know that.

but what i know as well as others is you are a fault finder based on that post and your posting history.

dbs
No, he only finds faults in Republicans. If you criticize a Democrat, he will tell you that it isnt important and that you need to do more research.
2861U2 is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #658
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond



you don't know that.

but what i know as well as others is you are a fault finder based on that post and your posting history.

dbs
You have a problem with practicing what you preach as well. So you may want to sit this one out.
BVS is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:58 PM   #659
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond



you don't know that.

but what i know as well as others is you are a fault finder based on that post and your posting history.

dbs


That's rich, diamond.
Diemen is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #660
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


No, he only finds faults in Republicans. If you criticize a Democrat, he will tell you that it isnt important and that you need to do more research.


Yes you know me so well. I actually have no problem with Republicans, well true Republicans that is...

The difference is, I can back up my criticisms.

__________________

BVS is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×