Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #621
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2
http://www.againsthillary.com/hillarys-words/

She scares me more and more everyday.
I love how this web site writes out "shit-kicker" but is afraid of spelling out words like "FUCK" and "GOD DAMN"

Old 08-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #622
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I think the funniest thing is the hypocricy of the poster, he got on a soapbox about how DailyKos is a hate site, then turns around and posts a site that's much worse.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #623
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I think the funniest thing is the hypocricy of the poster, he got on a soapbox about how DailyKos is a hate site, then turns around and posts a site that's much worse.
Well, on the plus side, every time we click on the link interference shows up on the list of referrers. Maybe we can recruit some people to the Light of Truth that is U2!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #624
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:20 PM
Wow they're so scared she'll win, it's delicious.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:02 PM   #625
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
It's apples and oranges. The site I gave provides a list of quotes that Mrs Clinton actually said. Those are facts. How is that the same as posting a picture of Senator Lieberman performing a sex act on the President?

I'm not sure how you can take any of those quotes "out of context." You can't. Accept the fact that she said all those things and is a mean, conceited woman. It will save you a lot of time.

Please tell me how "F**k off! It’s enough that I have to see you shit-kickers every day, I’m not going to talk to you too!! Just do your G*damn job and keep your mouth shut." is taken out of context, BVS. I'm dying to know.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #626
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
Wow they're so scared she'll win, it's delicious.
I'm not scared of her winning at all. I'll say it again- I want nothing more than for her to be the Democratic nominee.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #627
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:

I'm not scared of her winning at all. I'll say it again- I want nothing more than for her to be the Democratic nominee.
The Republicans couldn't beat Bill Clinton in 1992, and it drove them crazy. They lost again in 1996, and it drove them so crazy they had to impeach him. Even during the height of his impeachment trial, and before he was totally exonerated and acquitted, his approval rating was a whopping 79%. (Contrast that with George Jr.'s approval rating, which is dwindling in the 20s, the lowest since Nixon.)

Then the Republicans couldn't beat Hillary in 2000, despite out-fundraising and out-spending her. And Hillary won again in 2006.

Say what you want about Hillary's policies, but don't forget that the Clintons simply - do - not - lose - elections. We all know you right-wingers are terrified of her, but get over it!

Old 08-15-2007, 06:50 PM   #628
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by LyricalDrug

The Republicans couldn't beat Bill Clinton in 1992, and it drove them crazy. They lost again in 1996, and it drove them so crazy they had to impeach him. Even during the height of his impeachment trial, and before he was totally exonerated and acquitted, his approval rating was a whopping 79%. (Contrast that with George Jr.'s approval rating, which is dwindling in the 20s, the lowest since Nixon.)

Then the Republicans couldn't beat Hillary in 2000, despite out-fundraising and out-spending her. And Hillary won again in 2006.

Say what you want about Hillary's policies, but don't forget that the Clintons simply - do - not - lose - elections. We all know you right-wingers are terrified of her, but get over it!

As much as I despise the man, I have to accept that Bill was/is a good politician, and that he has charm/charisma/whatever you want to call it.

I dont think Hillary is as likable, and she wont fair as well in a national election as she may have in New York. A recent poll I saw had 47% of people liking Hillary, 49% dont like her. Compare that with Rudy, for example, who had 55% likability verses 32%
Old 08-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #629
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

It's apples and oranges. The site I gave provides a list of quotes that Mrs Clinton actually said. Those are facts. How is that the same as posting a picture of Senator Lieberman performing a sex act on the President?

I'm not sure how you can take any of those quotes "out of context." You can't. Accept the fact that she said all those things and is a mean, conceited woman. It will save you a lot of time.

Please tell me how "F**k off! It’s enough that I have to see you shit-kickers every day, I’m not going to talk to you too!! Just do your G*damn job and keep your mouth shut." is taken out of context, BVS. I'm dying to know.
Any quote can be taken out of context, don't fool yourself. Quotes can also be made up, many of these have no true sources, so instead of worry yourself over a bunch of one liners, just read up on her policies and make your own decision.

I'm guessing you didn't see some of the photoshopped photos of her on this page... Not exactly apples and oranges.

One is dedicated to the hatred of one person.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #630
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I dont think Hillary is as likable, and she wont fair as well in a national election as she may have in New York. A recent poll I saw had 47% of people liking Hillary, 49% dont like her. Compare that with Rudy, for example, who had 55% likability verses 32%

but we're done with politicians we "like." americans in general are. remember the "beer test" -- i.e., who would you rather have a beer with? Bush certainly had that over both Gore and Kerry, but Bush's presidency has been such an unmitigated disaster and he's sustained the lowest approval ratings in modern history. the issue, now, is going to be competency. who can govern. who is a grown up. who can make government function.

like her or hate her, what's great about HRC is that she is so centrist, poll-driven, and free of ideology, that she's simply not going to screw up and, like, bomb Iran or lose Tampa to a hurricane.

that's what's going to matter. she is cleaning up in the Democratic debates, and she'd destroy Giuliani head-to-head.

and keep in mind: she's running a national campaign. she's not going to shift once she (likely) gets the nod. Giuliani has been tacking to the right and screaming "islamic terrorists" in order to work up the frothy red base because he has to. he's then going to have to shift leftward to survive a general election.

and we haven't even touched on his "family value" problems.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #631
Blue Crack Addict

well thanks for sharing these quotes 2861U2. swearing is such a fucking awful thing to do. it is a god damned shamed she talks like a fucking shit-kicker. it really makes her a piece of shit of a candidate. no other candidate ever swears like that. ever. and it is so much worse to swear all the fucking time instead of um...

LIE TO THE WORLD!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:35 PM   #632
Blue Crack Addict

OMFG
That is the last time I'm turning on the TV again (I don't typically watch it.) McCain has some sort of campaign thing on C-Span2 right now, and he brought up the VT incident to some dumbass. And fucknut actually said that what the media did to Richard Jewel (Olympic bombings) is the same as what happened to the victims of the VT shooting.

Fucking idiot. AND MCCAIN AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:51 PM   #633
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

but we're done with politicians we "like."
Tell that to all the people who want to vote for Obama just because he is young, black, handsome, and a good speaker. I think it is the opposite of what you state. I think presidential elections are becoming more like American Idol.

And I would disagree with your assertion that Clinton would destroy Giuliani. It would be very close. Pretty much every poll I've seen has had them virtually tied.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:16 PM   #634
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Tell that to all the people who want to vote for Obama just because he is young, black, handsome, and a good speaker. I think it is the opposite of what you state. I think presidential elections are becoming more like American Idol.

And I would disagree with your assertion that Clinton would destroy Giuliani. It would be very close. Pretty much every poll I've seen has had them virtually tied.

it remains to be seen, but what we have seen is Clinton significantly widening her lead over Obama, despite he being a genuine political talent and having all the "American Idol" qualities you speak of. if what you were saying were true, then Obama wouldn't be 20ish points behind, so you've essentially contradicted yourself.

it also remains to be seen what will happen in a Clinton vs. Giuliani match up -- i personally think Romney will be the nominee -- but it has been said that he is who the Clinton camp would most like to run against.

and we can't ignore the fact that the dreaded shadow of Bush is going to loom over this election. he's clearly the worst president of the past 50 years. there's really no debate about that any more. and the reason why is because he's manifestly incompetent, and whether you like her or dislike her, Clinton is manifestly competent. she's not going to run the country into the ground the way Bush has. she's a safe bet. she's a workaholic, approval-hungry, career politician.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:24 PM   #635
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

the shadow of Bush is going to loom over this election.
Well, you do have that right. However, I dont think that is going to help the Dem nominee. The candidates are attacking Bush 10 times as much as they are attacking their Republican counterparts. Clinton and the rest of them must not have gotten the memo that President Bush is not going to be running against them next year. I dont see any point in even talking about the current administration. To me, that demonstrates a lack of vision to be constantly attacking a lame duck. I think the American people are an optimistic people, and dont want to hear about the past, but rather look to the future. I dont believe an assault on Bush now will do the Dems much good in the long run. They should A) be attacking the other Dems and B) be attacking the Republicans. I dont think pounding on Bush will help them that much.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:13 AM   #636
War Child

Quote:

Well, you do have that right. However, I dont think that is going to help the Dem nominee. The candidates are attacking Bush 10 times as much as they are attacking their Republican counterparts. Clinton and the rest of them must not have gotten the memo that President Bush is not going to be running against them next year. I dont see any point in even talking about the current administration. To me, that demonstrates a lack of vision to be constantly attacking a lame duck. I think the American people are an optimistic people, and dont want to hear about the past, but rather look to the future. I dont believe an assault on Bush now will do the Dems much good in the long run. They should A) be attacking the other Dems and B) be attacking the Republicans. I dont think pounding on Bush will help them that much.
There isn't a single first (Romney, Rudy, FT, McCain) or second tier (Brownback, Huckabee) Republican candidate who has distanced themselves from GW Bush. It would be pure stupidity not to remind voters that all of these guys more or less support the Bush foreign policy. Domestic policy is pretty much a loser issue for the Reps, unless it's some God issue and has been for a long time.

Iraq is the #1 issue, Bush's numbers are in the toilet because of Iraq, this issue isn't going anywhere, all of the 6 serious candidates left in the racce support his policy. They are beating Bush up, 1-because he is (almost inarguable) the worst President of the vast majority of our lifetimes. 2-They can easily paint anyone of these guys, just pick one, as a Bush clone. It's a winning issue for the Dems and easy to see why they'd be doing this.

It may demonstrate a lack of vision because it's just a mere political stunt just like pimping certain issues to be on ballots to turn out for example, the religous bigots, in droves.

The Dems lack a vision for several things, one of which is certainly not how to win in '08. They got a ton of help, it's not like they are geniuses or anything, Jimmy Carter helped Reagan win two elections by a landslide.

As for the last bit, we don't care much about the past?
I'll be curious if you think this way when the Republicans are trumping up the same ol' slime machine to try and sling mud at Hillary. It will happen. She'll be the nominee and they will try and swiftboat her. I don't think it will work. People have a pretty firm opinion about her anyhow. Those that believe the VInce Foster-type bullshit will continue to, and there is a good chance that undecideds might fall her way when they get to hear the Bush stump speech through a different talking head.

Things would be A LOT different if Newt Gingrich or Ron Paul were electable. Those guys can/could seriously distance themselves.

Meanwhile, the Dems will be saying "Sick of Bush-esque policy?"
Vote for us. How would this not make sense?
Old 08-16-2007, 02:39 AM   #637
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

you don't think that maintaining connections between the Republicans -- since we don't have a nominee yet -- and the most consistently unpopular president in modern history isn't a good political strategy? Bush is beyond assaulting; he's a pile of goo in the Oval Office and the Republicans know this, and witness how little he is mentioned in their debates and the lengths to which the candidates are going to distance themselves from him (and just look what Bush has done to McCain). they themselves have been pounding, politely, on Bush -- a sitting president from their own party!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:44 AM   #638
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

You can tell you are a fresh new voter... But you can also tell you've done little to no research...

You are the scary demographic!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:55 AM   #639
Blue Crack Addict

2861U2, this is why most of us disagree with you about your claims of Clinton being far left:

The political compass is a web site where you answer a number of questions and it tells you where you fit in terms of being left, right, authoritarian, and libertarian. Based on the candidates' platforms, they've determined where these candidates lie in the compass. Haha I said candidates lie.

Quote:
In response to many requests - and not only from the US - here are most of the prominent names to date in the primaries. If your favourite is not yet included, please remember that we'll be adding others along the way. We'll also be charting the presidential candidates for all the parties when the race begins.

Please keep in mind that The Political Compass is a universal tool, reflecting the full spectrum of political thought, and applicable to all democracies. US politics are generally fought within a more confined space. While in mainstream America, Clinton, for example, may be seen as left leaning, in the overall political landscape, she is a moderate conservative. Someone like Kucinich, while seen by his severest opponents as an extreme left winger, would qualify as a typical social democrat in a European context.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/usprimaries2007

i don't see how anyone in the blue can call themselves a democrat.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:17 AM   #640
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

You can tell you are a fresh new voter... But you can also tell you've done little to no research...

You are the scary demographic!!!
Ok.....?

Please elaborate.