Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

:lol:

Yes you know me so well. I actually have no problem with Republicans, well true Republicans that is...

The diffence is, I can back up my criticisms.

:|

Why don't you learn to spell first.

diamond said:

what's wrong with this quote:

23. "People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

I don't think there's anything wrong with the quote per se. Now does it make sense to me? No.

diamond said:

Why don't you learn to spell first.

Quit trolling, db.

Care to respond to the issue?

As for your Bush quote. Sure, it's a nice thing to take care of those less fortunate, but that is the President's recommendation on how citizens can contribute to the War on Terror?

What, do we think that the terrorists don't take of their own?

Diemen said:

Quit trolling, db.

Care to respond to the issue?

As for your Bush quote. Sure, it's a nice thing to take care of those less fortunate, but that is the President's recommendation on how citizens can contribute to the War on Terror?

No, last time I checked they blow up their own Einstein.

2861U2 said:

How are you 100% certain that the President doesnt visit such people?

He didn't exactly say "I love you" to those effected by Katrina when the whole nation was looking, so how am I to believe he does it in his spare time?

Wow, they have their own Einstein?

diamond said:

No, last time I checked they blow up their own Einstein.

Lame.

I was talking about their sick or infirm. Not necessarily those who espouse the same views they do. But nuance is lost on you, apparently.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

He didn't exactly say "I love you" to those effected by Katrina when the whole nation was looking, so how am I to believe he does it in his spare time?

we all know what he does in his spare time. seems to me he can be usually found on vacation.

Re: Wow, they have their own Einstein?

Diemen said:

Lame.

I was talking about their sick or infirm. Not necessarily those who espouse the same views they do. But nuance is lost on you, apparently.

Well if you want to expound on and extol the virtuous acts of terrorists,go right a head-knock yourself out.

The floor is yours.

dbs

Re: Re: Wow, they have their own Einstein?

diamond said:

Well if you want to expound on and extol the virtuous acts of terrorists,go right a head-knock yourself out.

The floor is yours.

dbs

Nice try, dbs.

The comparison was between the people (ie, the American people and the Arab people), so if you want to go ahead and paint all Arabs as bloodthirsty terrorists, go right ahead, knock yourself out.

So guys, how bout Huckabee on the Colbert Report tonight? THis week we also had the Daily Show (or was it Colbert) going on about O'Reilly and the crusade against Kos - I thought the episode was specially made for 2861's viewing pleasure.

Also, Stewart made fun of Hillary Clinton tonight, and then said "so is it less funny when I go after your guys?" It was less funny, but I still laughed a lot.

/attempt to change topic

Mevlana Rumi was a Persian by birth and a Muslim, and he was certainly not a terrorist. He lived in Konya, in Turkey. He was a great philosopher and poet. I went to see his center when I was in Turkey. This is the eight hundredth anniversary of his birth.

Re: Re: Re: Wow, they have their own Einstein?

Diemen said:

Nice try, dbs.

The comparison was between the people (ie, the American people and the Arab people), so if you want to go ahead and paint all Arabs as bloodthirsty terrorists, go right ahead, knock yourself out.

Oh?

Here's your original quote:

So please by all means -expound on the charitable acts of terrorists.

We'll all be waiting.

dbs

Good boy, dbs, you caught me. While my original point was between the people and not necessarily those leading the cause, I misspoke.

Still, I think it would be awfully naive of you to think that terrorists are just a huge collective that blows up their own. But I'm sure it's simpler for you to pretend they all aren't human and that none of them have families.

Now I suppose it's your turn to twist that around so that I'm sympathetic to terrorists. Go ahead. Surprise me.

Interesting point made by Karl Rove about Hillary:

"She enters the general election campaign with the highest negatives of any candidate in the history of the Gallup poll. It just says people have made an opinion about her. It's hard to change opinions once you've been a high-profile person in the public eye, as she has for 16 or 17 years."

I hadn't considered that before. So true.

Diemen said:
Good boy, dbs, you caught me. While my original point was between the people and not necessarily those leading the cause, I misspoke.

Still, I think it would be awfully naive of you to think that terrorists are just a huge collective that blows up their own. But I'm sure it's simpler for you to pretend they all aren't human and that none of them have families.

Now I suppose it's your turn to twist that around so that I'm sympathetic to terrorists. Go ahead. Surprise me.

Well you can call me names if that makes you feel superior, go ahead.
Maybe you may want to think before you post in the future.

And if you want to claim that terrorists are humane, that's your preogative.
I see terrorists who mass murder innocents as subhuman, and I'm sure we differ there.

dbs

Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee said his second-place finish at the Ames straw poll in Iowa last weekend shows he has developed "real momentum" in the Republican presidential race, especially because his campaign turned out its supporters on a shoestring budget, without TV ads or free bus rides.

Huckabee, "The thing, and this will really rankle some of my Republican colleagues: Bill Clinton and Hillary went through some horrible experiences in their marriage because of some of the reckless behavior that he has admitted he had. I am not defending him on that, it's indefensible.

"But they kept their marriage together. And a lot of the Republicans who have condemned them and talk about their platform of family values, interestingly, didn't keep their own families together.

deep said:
Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee said his second-place finish at the Ames straw poll in Iowa last weekend shows he has developed "real momentum" in the Republican presidential race, especially because his campaign turned out its supporters on a shoestring budget, without TV ads or free bus rides.

and Huckabee is absolutley right.

HRC has got "family values" in droves over Rudy. and Thompson. and McCain. and Gingrich. and Rush. and ... gosh, it's like shooting fish in a barrell.

good for Huckabee. and there go his Veep chances.

2861U2 said:
Interesting point made by Karl Rove about Hillary:

"She enters the general election campaign with the highest negatives of any candidate in the history of the Gallup poll. It just says people have made an opinion about her. It's hard to change opinions once you've been a high-profile person in the public eye, as she has for 16 or 17 years."

I hadn't considered that before. So true.

Uhhh, you realize that the New York Times debunked these lies, which Karl Rove was spreading last week, right?

:shame:

Don't take my word for it, take the New York Times:

"When Karl Rove said yesterday that Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s unfavorable rating was in the "high 40s," maybe he hadn’t seen the most recent CBS News poll. And when he said no one had been elected with negatives as high as hers, he had apparently forgotten some recent history.

The CBS News poll, conducted from Aug. 8 to Aug. 12, showed Mrs. Clinton’s unfavorable rating at 39 percent. That number has been falling bit by bit since its high mark of 46 percent in April.

That 46 percent was the highest negative rating measured by The New York Times and CBS News since the two news organizations began polling about Mrs. Clinton in 1992.

Over the last few months as her negative ratings have fallen, her positive ratings have fluctuated, with the most recent poll showing that 41 percent of voters have a favorable view of her. Mr. Rove’s point was this: "There’s nobody who has ever won the presidency who started out in that kind of position."

In fact, Mrs. Clinton’s husband was in that very position and did win. And Mrs. Clinton’s numbers are better than his were at this point in his first campaign for the White House.

In April 1992, only 26 percent of voters had a favorable view of Bill Clinton, while 40 percent viewed him unfavorably, according to a Times/CBS poll. By June 1992, his favorables had plunged further, so that only 16 percent had a favorable opinion, with 40 percent still unfavorable.

After Mr. Clinton won the nomination and after his convention, his favorable rating began to rise. By October 1992, his ratings had become about even, with 34 percent favorable and 35 percent unfavorable."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom