Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's all kinds of profanity that exists (and has existed) in FYM that has nothing to do with typing out the word "fucking". Ponder that Dave.

Edit to add after looking back a few pages-and Mitt Romney is so very real :lmao: hahahahaha

Last edited:
unico said:

oh! forgot about that one, i never saw it. i think there was one where he was pregnant too.

k, well my point went down the crapper. back to your regularly scheduled thread.

No need to discard your point. . .just qualify it by saying that all the MEMORABLE (and money-making) Governator films had a high body count. That's pretty accurate. :wink:

well by the amount of responses to my assesment and by whom, i think my point was articulated well.

dbs

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Violence is violence. Like Irvine511 said more people died in Total Recall then every season combined of Sopranos.

I will stop cussing as soon as you stop being a hypocrite and practice what you preach. Deal?
Bugger that silly debate im going to watch some violent, foul languaged movie with full frontal female nudity.

WASHINGTON — The Bush administration is quietly weighing the prospect of reaching out to the party that founded modern political Islam, the Muslim Brotherhood.

Still in its early stages and below the radar, the current American deliberations and diplomacy with the organization, known in Arabic as Ikhwan, take on new significance in light of Hamas’s successful coup in Gaza last week. The Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood is widely reported to have helped create Hamas in 1982.

Today the State Department’s Bureau of Intelligence and Research will host a meeting with other representatives of the intelligence community to discuss opening more formal channels to the brothers. Earlier this year, the National Intelligence Council received a paper it had commissioned on the history of the Muslim Brotherhood by a scholar at the Nixon Center, Robert Leiken, who is invited to the State Department meeting today to present the case for engagement. On April 7, congressional leaders such as Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, the Democratic whip, attended a reception where some representatives of the brothers were present. The reception was hosted at the residence in Cairo of the American ambassador to Egypt, Francis Ricciardone, a decision that indicates a change in policy.

The National Security Council and State Department already meet indirectly with the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood through discussions with a new Syrian opposition group created in 2006 known as the National Salvation Front. Meanwhile, Iraq’s vice president, Tariq al-Hashemi, is a leader of Iraq’s chapter of the Muslim Brotherhood. His party, known as the Iraqi Islamic Party, has played a role in the Iraqi government since it was invited to join the Iraqi Governing Council in 2003.

These developments, in light of Hamas’s control of Gaza, suggest that President Bush — who has been careful to distinguish the war on terror from a war on Islam — has done more than any of his predecessors to accept the movement fighting for the merger of mosque and state in the Middle East.
http://www.nysun.com/article/56899

Freedom is God's gift to humanity and Islam is a religion of peacee.

2861U2 said:

I'm still waiting to learn why it is ok.

maybe it's kind of like when Bono utters the f word at an awards show on TV and there is a big fine

and then you can be watching the Senate on C-Span and see Vice President Dick Cheney tell Senator Lehey,
"Go fuck yourself". No fine, no ruckus. :shrug:

I guess Negroes and Vice Presidents have special privileges over us white folks and rock stars?

hillarypoll.jpg

The graphic is off ABC's This Week...not sure if there's an accompanying article?

deep said:
and McCain is now the GOP's best polling candidate?

I don't think that he is. I just think that as against Hillary, he matches up better - perhaps he's pulling in more moderates/independents that Romney and Thompson, and that's eating into her lead.

and that is what GOP primary voters should consider

who can beat Hillary?

I know many GOP voters that do not like a lot about Rudy
but plan to go for him in our Feb 5 2008 CA primary as the best chance to stop Hillary

they would easily go over to McCain

Gee it's great that he's so warm and cuddly and gentlemanly and all that-but I really don't think that's how most women make their decision. I think those things about John Edwards :wink: but that has no bearing on my vote.

Republican Thompson endorsed by ex-girlfriends

By Steve Holland Mon Jun 25, 6:46 PM ET

Things must be going well for prospective presidential candidate Fred Thompson because even his ex-wife and former girlfriends are endorsing him.

One-by-one they've said the Tennessee Republican is their man -- at least for president, according to London's Sunday Times newspaper.

The former senator and Hollywood actor is to hold the first fund-raising event for his potential campaign on Tuesday in Nashville, ahead of stops in early primary states of South Carolina and New Hampshire this week.

An announcement on a Thompson candidacy is expected some time in July. "He's making up his mind as to when's the best time," said spokesman Mark Corallo.

Thompson, 64, dated for a long time after his 26-year marriage to his first wife, Sarah Knestrick, ended in 1984. In 2002 he married Jeri Kehn, who is 24 years younger than he.

Many of his old girlfriends still adore him and hope he wins.

"I think he has a great chance of capturing the women's vote. He's majestic. He's a soft, safe place to be and that could be Fred's ticket. Women love a soft place to lay and a strong pair of hands to hold us," ex-girlfriend country music singer Lorrie Morgan told the Sunday Times.

Another old flame, Republican fund-raiser Georgette Mosbacher, said he would defeat Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton because of his appeal to "traditional women who will like the Southern gentleman in him," according to The Times.

There's an old country music song with the line, "All my ex's live in Texas, and that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee," but it obviously does not apply to Thompson.

He remains on excellent terms with his first wife and Thompson has said she intends to campaign for him, the Times reported.

anitram said:

Much as I don't want to see a Feminazi lesbian type in the White House, I'd probably vote for Hilary ahead of any of that bunch.

They all look like extras from a re-make of some third rate 1960's Dracula movie.

By: New Hampshire Union Leader
Jun 27, 2007

Boston – A New Hampshire presidential poll by WHDH-TV and Suffolk University shows that local Democrats prefer Al Gore to any of the current contenders.

Hillary Clinton has a solid lead over the rest of the current Democratic field. The poll, released this afternoon, shows 37 percent of likely Democratic voters backing Clinton or leaning towards her. Barack Obama was at 19 percent, with both John Edwards and Bill Richardson at 9 percent.

Al Gore, however, could enter the race as the leader. When his name is added, Clinton loses more than a quarter of her support, while Gore is backed by 32 percent.

Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani lead the GOP field. The former Massachusetts governor is supported by 26 percent of likely GOP voters, with Giuliani slipping to 22 percent. John McCain and Fred Thompson are both at 13 percent, a major move backwards for McCain. Romney's support, which relies heavily on younger voters, is up 7 percent from a comparable poll in March, when he trailed Giuliani (37 percent) and McCain (27 percent).

The poll, which has a 4.4 percent margin of error, surveyed 500 likely voters from June 20 to 24.

financeguy said:

Much as I don't want to see a Feminazi lesbian type in the White House, I'd probably vote for Hilary ahead of any of that bunch.

They all look like extras from a re-make of some third rate 1960's Dracula movie.

This is wrong on so many levels.

What exactly is a "feminazi" other than a word Rush made up to scare gullible conservatives?

And what proof do we have that Hillary Clinton is a lesbian?

And even if Hillary WERE a lesbian why would that be a problem? Why is "lesbian" being used as a pejorative?

And what kind of criteria is this for choosing the presdient of the United States. Many people said Lincoln was horribly ugly and looked like an ape. Didn't stop him from being one of our country's greatest president. On the other hand, they say Warren G. Harding was quite good looking.

Statements like this should be challenged and taken apart at every opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom