Observations of Election 2000. Little known facts under-reported by the unbiased left

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Observations of Election 2000. Little known facts under-reported by the unbiased left

melon said:

Yeah...Bush won a lot of smaller states, with their 2 electoral votes each.

Well duh...if he won more area wise, he's going to win this statistic.

This is not indicative of those who voted, and if you are assuming that everyone in these counties voted 100% for Bush, you're sad.

Redundant.

When you have a population of 10 and declining in a lot of these counties in the Great Plains, chances are that the murder rate will go down.

Well, let's see. Populated and wealthy states voting for Gore. The Bible Belt voting for Bush. You've made it a tough decision. :|

Al Gore. I've always wanted to sing "Mr. Roboto" with him. :sexywink:

Melon

[Al Gore impersonation] Melon, you ruh-HOCK. [/Al Gore Impersonation]

pub crawler said:

ohhhhhhhhh, I think sharky's gonna kick your ass, d. ;) :lol:

Ha, ha. No, I'm met D before and aside from our agreeing to disagree he's not that bad. Plus, it would be totally humliating for him to get his ass kicked by a girl whose dad is pulling in a pension from Ford. Hey D, what kind of Ford family discount can you get me on a Jeep?

Hey wait....lots of Jeep owners like to go off-roading in open areas in big open states in the midwest? I smell something fishy.....

Popmartijn said:

The people in those areas voted Gore because he would do something against these crime rates and Bush would not.

Although, Gore had been Vice President to President Clinton during the rpevious 8 years, but they still voted for him.

This reminds me of an article I read during the Fall 2002 Congressional election season. The article dealt with the Democratic Primary race for Alabama's poorest Congressional District, that being District 7, then served by Earl Hilliard (Democrat-Birmingham). A jobless voter said that he was going to vote for incumbent Congressman Hilliard over challenger Artur Davis because he had been out of work for 9 years and he felt like Congressman Hilliard would do something about it. Congressman Hilliard had been in office for 10 years. This voter was obviously very patient with Mr. Hilliard.

~U2Alabama

ya know if i so chose to i could squish you all that repied in this thread like little bugs.:ohmy:
however i choose not to, as iam a man of peace..:larry:
some of u bore me to tears- w your predictable postures and attitudes..
some of u i have grown to love and accept.:adam:
others need a little slap:angry:
still others need a sock in their mouths.:adam:

thank u-
db3.25
:angry:

(statistics need verification)

Percent of Christian radio stations plugging Bush: 100

Years since Bush's brother won for governor in Florida (and aren't the Bush's a Texas family?): 4

Time elapsing between introduction of the "butterfly ballot" and the election: one half day

and in an unrelated area:
Percent of Californians swindled (through huge energy bills caused by "deathstar" tactics) by Enron, a Bush supported company: 100

numbers do not lie..
rules are made to b loved, obeyed and embraced.
the weak will continue their lamentations..
the weakwilled and feeble minded will always b among us..
we will never surrender
never surrender
never.:ohmy: :adam: :larry: :sexywink: :wave:

Last edited:
numbers do not lie..

diamond said:
Check this out my open-minded, truth seeking friends.-

Some Interesting Stats-

States won by Gore=19
States won by Bush=29

thank u
Diamond
:dance:

I have looked at this thread a few times. It is very amuzing.

Someone recently accused me of being a lurker because I look and don't always post. I told him what is the point of posting if someone else has already posted your thought or just giving a thumbs up.

Well, who ever came up with these stats must have a Strom Thurman (1948) and Trent Lott (We would have been better off in 48 blah, blah) mind set.

In 2000 there were 50 states.

19 + 29 = 48. or is this more of W's fuzzy math?

the weakwilled and feeble minded will always b among us..

i noticed the fuzzy math too.:)
i thought it would exhibit compssioante conservatism if al gore whined we would just give the 2 extra states to heal his inner child, so that no one would perhaps become snippy;)
howver at the end of the day al bowed out like a man sorta..

DB9

DebbieSG said:
(statistics need verification)

Time elapsing between introduction of the "butterfly ballot" and the election: one half day

This I am pretty sure is incorrect. I think that the butterfly ballot was approved by the various Florida county election authorities (both Democratic AND Republican) many months in advance of the 2000 elections.

speedracer said:

This I am pretty sure is incorrect. I think that the butterfly ballot was approved by the various Florida county election authorities (both Democratic AND Republican) many months in advance of the 2000 elections.

I believe you are correct too SPEEDY. That is why there really was nothing anyone should have been complaining about. The parties agreed to the ballot.

I think I can handle this math....hehehe...not very fuzzy.

Home State win by candidate:

Bush = 1
Gore = 0

If my memory serves me correct, that is all Mr. Gore had to win to wrap it all up.

Peace

Dreadsox said:
I think I can handle this math....hehehe...not very fuzzy.

Home State win by candidate:

Bush = 1
Gore = 0

If my memory serves me correct, that is all Mr. Gore had to win to wrap it all up.

Peace
:up::dance::wave:

2000 Election related article

"I learned some good lessons from Vietnam" March, 2002
``I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war.'' January, 2002

Military Career of our Commander in Chief

Bush's DWI revelation at the end of the 2000 Presidential campaign may have been leaked to cover a much bigger scandal

On November 2, 2000, four days before the most disputed election in American history, military veterans in the US Senate lashed out at candidate George W Bush for his failure to explain a six-month lapse in his National Guard service. "At the least, I would have been court-martialed. At the least, I would have been placed in prison," Senator Daniel Inouye said.

Bush would offer no explanation for his absence and, as he had throughout the campaign, refused to discuss his military service during the Vietnam War. Why would a man who was running for the office of Commander and Chief of the US Armed Forces refuse to discuss his service in the military? Why didn't the public and press take notice? Their attention that day was focused on something else.

That same day, while senators were asking for an explanation of Bush's National Guard absence, the media and the public were watching another breaking Bush scandal: the revelation of a 1976 drunk driving conviction that Bush had failed to mention during the campaign. As Bush spent the final days before the election explaining to America that he hid the arrest to protect his daughters, the National Guard absence was swept under the rug, not made into a campaign issue by Democrats.

Both Candidates avoided making Vietnam an issue during the Presidential race of 2000. Bush and Al Gore, who served in Vietnam as an Army journalist, had a sort of unwritten understanding that their military service during the Vietnam war would not be a subject of campaign debate. Both had been accused of using their fathers' influence to avoid combat in the war. Gore's father was a senator, Bush's father was a Congressman.

The Washington Post reports that Bush joined the National Guard 12 days before his student deferment would have expired, and that in spite of his low score on the pilot's aptitude test (25, the lowest score allowed), and in spite of the waiting list that some kids spent years on, Bush was sworn in as an airman the day he applied. Indeed, so giddy was Bush's commander, Col. Walter B. "Buck" Staudt, that he later staged a special ceremony so he could have his picture taken giving Bush the oath, instead of the captain who actually had sworn Bush in. Bush spent two years learning to fly airplanes in his home state of Texas.

As the 2000 Presidential campaign moved along, angry veterans in Alabama claimed that George W Bush never performed any military service in that state, as stated on his campaign website. They offered a reward of $1000 (which rose to $3,500) to anyone who could prove that he had. No one came forth with any proof.
Eight days before the election, the Boston Globe reported discrepancies between the Bush campaign's statements regarding his military service and what records and documents showed. In 1972, the Globe reported, Bush moved from Houston to Mobile, Alabama to work on a Senate campaign. It was at this time, the Globe found, that he was suspended from flight duty for not taking his annual flight physical. Furthermore, the Globe could find no evidence that he ever performed any drills while in Alabama, or any more drills after returning to Houston.
Bush refused to answer any questions concerning the charges. His official White House biography states, "He served as an F-102 pilot for the Texas Air National Guard before beginning his career in the oil and gas business in Midland in 1975..." but gives no further details about his military service.

Perhaps when President Bush was comparing war to raising twins, he was referring to our current War on Terror. One could imagine it would be easier than raising twins, if all you are doing is sending other people's children off to kill other people's children.

easy one Mr Deep.
As Clinton was a draft-dodger and Al Gore had only a "cush" military job..the left saw it as a no win situation, my little "republican" Gore supporter..
Also-
Perhaps a "deal" was brokered btween the 2 campagns not to go to the subject of "military service" re the candidates.
I hear "deals" like these (dont mention a subject) are often agreed upon these days..by the 2 camps.

:wave:
DB9

Last edited:
Gore still had nearly 500,000 more votes than Dubya. That speaks louder than those statistics that Diamond posted....I mean 'diamond' posted ;)

I was curious to see how the state who's majority voted for Bush compared to the states who's majority voted for Gore in the area of education. Here are the 1998 ACT scores from each respective state.

State: Aver. ACT SCORE WINNER
Oregon 22.7 Gore Washington 22.6 Gore
N.Hampshire 22.5 Dubya
Wisconsin 22.3 Gore
Minnesota 22.2 Gore
Rhode Island 22.2 Gore
Iowa 22.1 Gore Maine 22.0 Gore
New York 22.0 Gore
Vermont 22.0 Gore
----------------------------------------------------------
Montana 21.9 Dubya
Connecticut 21.8 Gore
Nebraska 21.8 Dubya Kansas 21.7 Dubya
Colorado 21.6 Dubya
Hawaii 21.6 Gore
Massachusetts 21.6 Gore
Utah 21.6 Dubya
Idaho 21.5 Dubya
Missouri 21.5 Dubya
-----------------------------------------------------------
Arizona 21.4 Dubya
Illinois 21.4 Gore
Indiana 21.4 Dubya
Nevada 21.4 Dubya
North Dakota 21.4 Dubya
Ohio 21.4 Dubya
Pennsylvania 21.4 Gore
South Dakota 21.4 Dubya
Wyoming 21.4 Dubya
Alaska 21.3 Dubya
-----------------------------------------------------------
Delaware 21.3 Gore
Michigan 21.3 Gore
California 21.2 Gore
Maryland 20.9 Gore
Florida 20.8 Dubya
New Jersey 20.7 Gore
Virginia 20.7 Dubya
Oklahoma 20.5 Dubya
Arkansas 20.4 Dubya
Texas 20.3 Dubya
------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia 20.2 Dubya
Kentucky 20.2 Dubya
Alabama 20.1 Dubya
New Mexico 20.1 Gore
West Virginia 20.1 Dubya
Tennessee 19.8 Dubya
Louisiana 19.5 Dubya
North Carolina 19.4 Dubya
South Carolina 19.0 Dubya
Mississippi 18.7 Dubya

In summary:

STATE ACT RANK Gore Bush

#1-10 9 1
#11-20 3 7
#21-30 2 8
#31-40 5 5
#41-50 1 9

Conclusion:

While the majority of Gore's states (13) lie within the top #25 ranked states, Bush's majority lie below the average (18 total fell in the bottom half).

Dreadsox said:

I believe you are correct too SPEEDY. That is why there really was nothing anyone should have been complaining about. The parties agreed to the ballot.

who were the democrats in power there, and if they indeed agreed to it, they sure should have realized it might cause some confusion, enough anyway, imho

why did they need a differet ballot? they make a big public deal about it if the ballot changes here in Ca

and, everybody knew florida would be the swing state

If I recall correctly, a Democratic election commissioner (LePore?)designed the flawed butterfly ballot, and the bi-partisan election commission, as a body, voted to approve it.

~U2Alabama

U2Bama said:
I knew it! Most of Gore's supporters are elitist snobs!

so smart people are snobs?

that's as bad as african americans saying being smart is "white"

sooner than later we'll have nothing but Jerry Springer to watch because no one understands the evening news.

U2Bama said:
If I recall correctly, a Democratic election commissioner (LePore?)designed the flawed butterfly ballot, and the bi-partisan election commission, as a body, voted to approve it.

~U2Alabama

then there's no suspicion...certainly republicans and democrats don't sleep together.

DebbieSG said:

and, everybody knew florida would be the swing state

The SWING state was Tennessee. If Gore had won his HOME STATE, he would be President.

Why whine about a LEGAL Ballot? It was approved by both parties. Why whine about the fact that Gore won the popular vote? Man, the constitution has been around for over 200 years. We have lived by these rules and the candidates new that the electoral votes are what counts. If you want to change it change it through the system.

Really, I wonder now how many candidates have lost their home state and won the Presidency in our country's history?

Peace

Dreadsox said:

The SWING state was Tennessee. If Gore had won his HOME STATE, he would be President.

Why whine about a LEGAL Ballot? It was approved by both parties. Why whine about the fact that Gore won the popular vote? Man, the constitution has been around for over 200 years. We have lived by these rules and the candidates new that the electoral votes are what counts. If you want to change it change it through the system.

Really, I wonder now how many candidates have lost their home state and won the Presidency in our country's history?

Peace

sure, that's not encouraging about the home state, though they didn't identify with him because he was really based in Washington DC. and Tenn is way in the bible belt.

but why did the election have to be decided finally by a judge?

DebbieSG said:

sure, that's not encouraging about the home state, though they didn't identify with him because he was really based in Washington DC. and Tenn is way in the bible belt.

but why did the election have to be decided finally by a judge?

How else was it going to be decided? Both Gore and Bush kept trying to redefine standards for legal ballots that they thought would swing the election in their favor. I certainly don't see a natural place to draw the line between valid and invalid ballots.

diamond said:
statesfinal.gif

chek this out ppl, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words and a diamond dance:dance:

Bush won the red states:ohmy:
Tippers hubby won the blue ones:::wave:
:| ::

-couldnt sleep.::
so i thought i would repost this picture in all of its splendor..:sexywink:

that said-
dano-
-u got me, clever post..thats something i woulda posted if the converse were true. I ques your statistics tho, you mighta pulled them off chubby Mike Moores retarded website or something:

diemen-
-thank u for recognizing my suave and deboner sense of humor:angry:

debbie-
the election was decided by a judge bcuz al couldnt play by the rules.

melon-
-stop being a predictable little clinton cheerleader..
thank u..

deep-
- keep it up and, im calling all your rich Republican friends in Orange County Ca. who you charade and prance around with, using the title of "Mr Republican" in those lame polictical rallies and mailing copies of all your glib little posts. Ya know i could, but wont, u lameass.
nor am i reporting u to a mod everytime u aggravate me.

-now im going back to sleep to dream it all up again..

thank u-

diamond

Last edited:
diamond said:
deep-
- keep it up and, im calling all your rich Republican friends in Orange County Ca. who you charade and prance around with, using the title of "Mr Republican" in those lame polictical rallies and mailing copies of all your glib little posts. Ya know i could, but wont, u lameass.
nor am i reporting u to a mod everytime u aggravate me.

Keep your little sibling rivalry to yourself, diamond. And for some odd reason I doubt the simple fact that he aggravates you would be good enough justification to the mods.

Diemen said:

Keep your little sibling rivalry to yourself, diamond. And for some odd reason I doubt the simple fact that he aggravates you would be good enough justification to the mods.

this is where u lose points diemen.
the post was meant as a joke between 2 brothers, done in jest ..:)

if u seriously think i would report one of my brother's posts to a mod (who happens to b one of the more clever posters here) u are off the mark.

that said-
he reports me occassionally to mods which some folk think is a bit funny, wherein the joke lies..:)

follow us now?:)

thanks-

db3
:angry:
ps- and if you dont stop im reporting u mr. diemenhead..:angry:;)

thank u.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom