Obamacons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Powell won't endorse Obama. Other than him saying that he's impressed by both candidates, I've seen nothing to convince me that he'll do such a thing. I'd be surprised if he didn't endorse McCain. And I'm not sure what Powell is referring to when it says "Powell is sensitive to racial attacks on Obama and especially on his wife Michelle." I haven't seen such attacks yet...

Also, I'm confused as to why everyone seems so enthralled with Obama Republicans. I saw a poll not long which found that there are twice as many McCain Democrats as there are Obama Republicans, yet no one seems to talk much about them. All I hear from the media is "Oh! Look at how Obama can reach across party lines!", despite McCain being much better at it. :shrug:

The McCain-ocrats are certainly a much bigger problem for Obama than vice versa, IMO.

Powell won't endorse Obama. Other than him saying that he's impressed by both candidates, I've seen nothing to convince me that he'll do such a thing. I'd be surprised if he didn't endorse McCain. And I'm not sure what Powell is referring to when it says "Powell is sensitive to racial attacks on Obama and especially on his wife Michelle." I haven't seen such attacks yet...

Also, I'm confused as to why everyone seems so enthralled with Obama Republicans. I saw a poll not long which found that there are twice as many McCain Democrats as there are Obama Republicans, yet no one seems to talk much about them. All I hear from the media is "Oh! Look at how Obama can reach across party lines!", despite McCain being much better at it. :shrug:

The McCain-ocrats are certainly a much bigger problem for Obama than vice versa, IMO.

I guess we'll have to wait till November to find out.

Because maybe people think that Dems who'd support McCain might have certain "motivations" shall we say?

^ Are you talking about the button sold at the Texas GOP convention?

I saw an official RNC ad on Politico I believe..."If Barack Obama is elected, will it still be called the White House?"

:|

^ Are you talking about the button sold at the Texas GOP convention?

Vendors rent spaces,
once they saw his merchandise he got kicked out.

Maybe that's what it was...but it was in the context of a Republican ad on Politico.com

please explain how it is a Republican ad.

If it is paid for by an individual and not the party.

Is it offical Democat policy to kick out women with scarfs so they can not appear in pictures with Obama?

Vendors rent spaces,
once they saw his merchandise he got kicked out.
He didn't get kicked out; the Dallas Morning News reported on the button during the convention, the story took off on the Internet, and after the convention was over, its organizers made a point of publically pledging to donate that vendor's booth fee to charity and to not allow him at their convention again. It is true, though, that convention organizers don't generally vet individual items sold by convention vendors (the same vendor was also offering buttons reading, "Press 1 for English...Press 2 for Deportation").

Can I see some examples?

I have yet to see John McCain or any prominent Republican figure invoke Obama's race or those dumb Muslim rumors into the campaign.

All you said was:
"Powell is sensitive to racial attacks on Obama and especially on his wife Michelle." I haven't seen such attacks yet...

You said nothing about McCain or prominence...

Fox News ran a story about Michelle Obama and at the bottom of the screen referred to Michelle as Obama's Baby Mama. Not only is the statement loaded with racism, but it's also sexist! Now, people might think it's nitpicking, but honestly, that's a really terrible thing to display several times on a screen. Although it had little to do with the story that was being broadcast, you have to take into account people who only saw a small portion or people in airports or places without sound that ONLY saw the words on the screen. Or people like me, who would be so appalled by the onscreen message that they would discount the entire broadcast.

Fox News calls Michelle Obama "Obama's baby mama" - War Room - Salon.com

Well it is FOX News. I'm impressed they aren't calling her his hoodrat. Of course, it's only June...

Back
Top Bottom