Obama General Discussion, vol. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a more-than-qualified alternative choice (Kerry) that would get 90 votes in confirmation
choose Kerry because that opens that MA Senate seat and Scott Brown could possibly get right back into the Senate.

Those two statements are obviously related, in my opinion.

If I were him, I'd nominate Jon Huntsman.

That confirmation process would be fun to watch.
He is a Republican, so it'll be difficult for the Republicans to vote against him. But if they vote for him, they won't get that MA Senate seat.
:corn:

Would Kerry's Senate seat be filled via an election or would the governor be the one to choose someone? If it's the latter, I'd imagine Patrick would choose a Democrat.

It used to be that the governor was to choose someone. But that law was changed in 2004 (when Senator Kerry was running for President and they wanted to prevent that Governor Romney was then to appoint a Republican), so that now it has to be filled in a special election. The governor still gets to appoint someone ad interim, but a special election has to be held between 160 and 180 days after the senator has left the Senate.

Just what, exactly, did McCain and his sidekick gain from beating up on this woman?

It's the precursor to the coming Hillary attack in 2016.
They were laying the foundation. "Susan Rice was disqualified from SOS and all she did was talk to the media! It's Hillary Clinton that deserves the blame!"

Meanwhile the rest of us are still wondering what the big deal was in the first place. Most people, conservatives included, simply don't give a shit. It's funny how little FOX and Co. talk about Benghazi anymore compared to how it was right up until the election took place. Shocking, huh?

I don't feel bad for Susan Rice. Because of the rigors of the job, it's usually only a 4 year stint anyhow. She'll serve as SOS under Hillary Clinton, if HRC can get elected. So the stooges like McCain (a man I once held in HIGH regard...yeesh, what a fall...) can fight about Benghazi with Hills, because by then it's going to be seen as all her fault.

And the funniest thing of all because of this Rice battle (as I heard Bill Kristol and a few others say) - consequently, they'll get a more liberal Sec of State in return, and a man they have no real justification in voting 'no' against. Good job, McCain and Graham.

I also don't understand how Graham, as a lesbian, is so against gay marriage.

this is looking like a Benghazi two step

(WTVR) – Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will be spending the next couple of days at home after sustaining a concussion.
The State Department says Clinton became dehydrated while battling a stomach virus she caught during a trip to Europe. She hit her head when she fainted. According to the New York Times, she was alone at her home in Washington at the time. They say her concussion was not severe.
Her doctors advise that she should spend next week working from home.
As a result, Clinton will not testify on Thursday before the Senate and House Foreign Affairs Committee about September’s deadly attack in Benghazi.

Clinton will not testify before Congress on Libya, purported concussion cited |

Concussion-gate?

ETA: wasn't It also heavily rumored that Petraeus sudden reveal of his affair would keep him from testifying as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom