Obama General Discussion... (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the most presidential thing to do, but I actually agree with him.

Obama Calls Kanye West a 'Jackass' - Political News - FOXNews.com

President Barack Obama called hip-hop musician Kanye West a "jackass" on Monday in an off-the-record comment during an interview with CNBC, an ABC News anchor reported on Twitter.

Obama was apparently weighing in on an interruption that occurred the night before during the MTV Video Music Awards where West grabbed the microphone from teen country singer Taylor Swift during her award acceptance speech to announce his belief that Beyonce had a better music video.

"Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran wrote Monday evening to his more than 1 million followers.

The tweet forced the network to issue an apology after the Internet quickly became abuzz over the stunning remark published on the microblogging site.

An ABC spokesperson said, "In the process of reporting on remarks by President Obama that were made during a CNBC interview, ABC News employees prematurely tweeted a portion of those remarks that turned out to be from an off-the-record portion of the interview," Politico reported. "This was done before our editorial process had been completed. That was wrong. We apologize to the White House and CNBC and are taking steps to ensure that it will not happen again."

Moran's tweet has since been deleted, but can still be accessed.

West, who is no stranger to controversy, apologized for the incident after Sunday night's MTV broadcast and again Monday night during an interview on the premiere of NBC's "Jay Leno Show."

West told Leno he's going to take some time off to reflect and that "it was rude, period."

"I need to, after this, take some time off and just analyze how I'm going to make it through the rest of this life, how I'm going to improve. If there's anything I could do to help Taylor in the future or help anyone, I'd like to," he said.

The White House had no immediate comment on the matter, Politico reported.

Well if we're going to judge what's "presidential" by what was done or said off-the-record then I think you would be truly disappointed by almost every president.

im so glad the president's opinion on what dipshit celebrities do is considered major news. :|

He did act like a jackass. Some say he was drinking on the red carpet. Maybe he should seek some help, but I think Obama's description of his behavior is accurate. Don't see what's so "stunning" about it- Presidents are people too.

Worse than jackass?

President Bush mocked other prominent politicians behind their backs while in office, according to a new book by former speechwriter Matt Latimer.

Last month, the Washington Post reported that ex-Bushies were feeling a "growing nervousness" over what might be in their old colleague's tome. The October issue of GQ includes some eye-opening excerpts from the book.

Of Obama, Latimer writes that Bush came in to rehearse a speech fuming. The New York Daily News reported:

This is a dangerous world," he said for no apparent reason, "and this cat isn't remotely qualified to handle it. This guy has no clue, I promise you."

Bush thought Hillary would be the Democratic nominee. "'Wait till her fat keister is sitting at this desk,' he once said (except he didn't say 'keister')," Latimer wrote.

But Bush was perhaps most critical of vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin:

"I'm trying to remember if I've met her before. I'm sure I must have." His eyes twinkled, then he asked, "What is she, the governor of Guam?" [...]

Policto artical says Obama is failing:

Lake-701344.jpg

Opinion: So far, Obama's failing miserably - Jeremy Lott - POLITICO.com

thank you.

sly cool it with all this nonsense? This is why shit never ever gets done in this country. I feel so sad for people who take the words of Glenn Buck, Keith Olbermann, Rush Limbaugh, Rachel Maddow and Bill O'Reilly as gospel.

that's really one of the big problems on the Right. who's their politician? who speaks for them in DC?

the GOP is being run by punditry, and their polemic -- designed to sell books and ad space -- is beginning to pass for discourse.

That video is horrifying.

To be that divorced from reality, that lacking in even one iota of common sense, and frankly, that stupid is unimaginable.

Not sure if this is the most presidential thing to do, but I actually agree with him.

Obama Calls Kanye West a 'Jackass' - Political News - FOXNews.com

President Barack Obama called hip-hop musician Kanye West a "jackass" on Monday in an off-the-record comment during an interview with CNBC, an ABC News anchor reported on Twitter.

Obama was apparently weighing in on an interruption that occurred the night before during the MTV Video Music Awards where West grabbed the microphone from teen country singer Taylor Swift during her award acceptance speech to announce his belief that Beyonce had a better music video.

"Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran wrote Monday evening to his more than 1 million followers.

The tweet forced the network to issue an apology after the Internet quickly became abuzz over the stunning remark published on the microblogging site.

An ABC spokesperson said, "In the process of reporting on remarks by President Obama that were made during a CNBC interview, ABC News employees prematurely tweeted a portion of those remarks that turned out to be from an off-the-record portion of the interview," Politico reported. "This was done before our editorial process had been completed. That was wrong. We apologize to the White House and CNBC and are taking steps to ensure that it will not happen again."

Moran's tweet has since been deleted, but can still be accessed.

West, who is no stranger to controversy, apologized for the incident after Sunday night's MTV broadcast and again Monday night during an interview on the premiere of NBC's "Jay Leno Show."

West told Leno he's going to take some time off to reflect and that "it was rude, period."

"I need to, after this, take some time off and just analyze how I'm going to make it through the rest of this life, how I'm going to improve. If there's anything I could do to help Taylor in the future or help anyone, I'd like to," he said.

The White House had no immediate comment on the matter, Politico reported.

:lol: "just analyze how I'm going to make it through the rest of this life. . ."

It must be tough, Kanye. It must be tough.

I was curious as to how the haters would respond to this story. . .would they hate Obama enought to side with Kanye West? Apparently not. . . :wink:

:eek:ff topic: Hey, 2861 what'd you think of the show last weekend?

Of course back during the primaries, the racists were white Democrats such as Bill Clinton, Geraldine Ferraro and those "Bradley Effect" voters in New Hampshire, California and Massachusetts.

Ummmm, guess no one dare stand in the way of Otopia.

:eek:ff topic: Hey, 2861 what'd you think of the show last weekend?

Amazing. Definitely the better of the two shows I've seen in my life. I think next time I'll do GA, seeing as I was the only person sitting near me who was singing along to Kingdom, and I'm pretty sure I recognized most of the songs before a lot of the people around me did. Would've liked to hear
YBR or UTEOTW,
but
Stuck In A Moment
was a nice addition, and as always,
Bad
blew me away. Highlights were probably
NLOTH, Ultraviolet, Bad, and COBL, in my opinion
. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom