Obama General Discussion... (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure what was wrong with that statement, Bruce. Are you suggesting that the Katrina fiasco was unavoidable? Even U2 makes note of this in "The Saints Are Coming" video, where the National Guard should have been aiding those in a sinking New Orleans, instead of being stuck in the fucking desert.

Are you sure YOU'RE a U2 fan?

Don't let a video take away from the fact that plenty of the Guard, as well as Marines, Coast Guard, Navy, Army, and Air Force were fucking there.

The National Guard - Hurricane Katrina: National Guard’s Finest Hour

Where did I say it was dumb to do so. My quote was that your southern white Christian comment was absurd. Dont twist things around ok.

you quoted this that i had written:

and for the GOP as well as they are now a party for old Southern white straight christian men, and he presided over the sinking of an American city.

and then you said the post was dumb.

:shrug:

Now if I change the words around in your post and use democrat and black then I'm a racist arent I?

no, you'd be accurate.

people make their living analyzing voting trends. white christian men tend to vote Republican. young urban females tend to vote Democratic. urban black people tend to vote democratic.

i live in Washington DC, a city that's just under 60% black. it also has a large gay population, and a very young urban population. the city went upwards of 90% for both Kerry and for Obama. why? because the types of people who would choose to live in WDC are also the type of people who tend to vote for democrats.

this is all pretty basic stuff. Electoral Politics 101.

Now if I change the words around in your post and use democrat and black then I'm a racist arent I?

The only thing worse than calling someone a racist when they aren't is baiting someone else to call you a racist so that you can go off on them. Seriously, man, cut it out.

and for the GOP as well as they are now a party for old Southern white straight christian men

Ok your right nothing racist there. Just as long as it doesnt pertain to your views or party that makes it ok.

The only thing worse than calling someone a racist when they aren't is baiting someone else to call you a racist so that you can go off on them. Seriously, man, cut it out.

Fairs fair buddy

and for the GOP as well as they are now a party for old Southern white straight christian men

If thats about the maturity level on someones post then maybe I should back out.

no, you'd be accurate.

people make their living analyzing voting trends. white christian men tend to vote Republican. young urban females tend to vote Democratic. urban black people tend to vote democratic.

i live in Washington DC, a city that's just under 60% black. it also has a large gay population, and a very young urban population. the city went upwards of 90% for both Kerry and for Obama. why? because the types of people who would choose to live in WDC are also the type of people who tend to vote for democrats.

this is all pretty basic stuff. Electoral Politics 101.

Now thats a great post and you gotta admit that is a better post than simply saying : "and for the GOP as well as they are now a party for old Southern white straight christian men".

if you spend time in here, and if you spend time in circles where politics are routinely discussed and analyzed, the fact that the GOP is devolving into a white male southern party is frankly self-evident.

if you spend time in here, and if you spend time in circles where politics are routinely discussed and analyzed, the fact that the GOP is devolving into a white male southern party is frankly self-evident.

20070123230055!Michael_Steele_presenting_award_to_USNS_Comfort_crew.jpg

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to contribute with this whole page. I was right about the difference between a town hall meeting being interrupted by protesters and that of protesters outside of the White House who have no one to interrupt, wasn't I? zooropop's point was that one goes to a town hall meeting to discuss, not to empty a tirade upon the person speaking.

The face of the GOP has changed tremendously since I've been following politics. Sure the Democrats had something to do with it, but the GOP have embraced this image. The Republican party, not the individual Republicans, share an larger portion of the elderly, are stronger in Southern states, have always been and will always be a party largely made up of whites, are largely against gay marriage, are mostly Christian, and have a larger male population vested with them than women. Maybe you just don't like hearing all the words put together, but that's how I read Irvine's post.

Can we move on now?

Unfortunaly thats the result of most political conversations now isnt it?

Yeah, but it doesn't have to be. Slow down, man. You kinda came in guns blazing, which isn't the greatest way to get started here.

(Though granted many of us end up going to guns anyway. . .but still, give it some time!).

:)

Yeah, but it doesn't have to be. Slow down, man. You kinda came in guns blazing, which isn't the greatest way to get started here.

(Though granted many of us end up going to guns anyway. . .but still, give it some time!).

:)

While I appreciate your kindness I really dont see where I came in guns blazing. Compared to other posts in this thread and it's predecessor I found my posts to be quite tame. But again thanks for your gesture.

^It's amazing how quickly this has all metastasized. When I was in San Francisco near the end of July it was just the Lyndon LaRouche nutcakes on the city streetcorners that were drawing these kinds of Hitler comparisons.

here's what i take from most political debates:

democrats think they are always right and republicans are always wrong.
republicans think they are always right and democrats are always wrong.
the independants / libertarians realize they are both full of shit. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom