Obama General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hypocrisy on the left is baffling. All summer and fall we were hearing about how there's no room in the GOP for moderates- Snowe, Collins, Crist, you name it. Yet now, people like Lieberman, Nelson and others are being vilified. I guess there's no room in the Democratic Party for moderates. :sad:

Regarding KO's "comment" I halfway expected him to, being a staple of his rants, tell Obama to RESIGN! I somehow stomached his show last night to see how he would react to his two favorite people, Dean and Obama, battling it out.

Rush yes, but countless liberal talking heads and politicians and likely people in this forum attacked the GOP for not including moderates. Apparently such an outrage doesn't exist when it comes to their own. Be as left as you can be. And if you're in the middle, then we'll make threats against your wife and call you every name in the book, and in KO's case, suggest suicide.

Rush yes, but countless liberal talking heads and politicians and likely people in this forum attacked the GOP for not including moderates. Apparently such an outrage doesn't exist when it comes to their own. Be as left as you can be. And if you're in the middle, then we'll make threats against your wife and call you every name in the book, and in KO's case, suggest suicide.

Lieberman isn't a moderate. or maybe he was 3 MONTHS AGO when he advocated for precisely what he is now against.

Lieberman is out for Lieberman and is looking at a new job in the CT insurance industry.

also, do you have an actual argument to advance, or are you just going to complain about how The Left is mean?

I think your understanding of things in this world is what's truly baffling.

also, do you have an actual argument to advance, or are you just going to complain about how The Left is mean?

This is a general Obama discussion, is it not? I was simply responding to the ultra-insightful and well laid-out argument "Lieberman is a fantastic douche."

I think your understanding of things in this world is what's truly baffling.

Then mind telling me where I'm wrong? Or are you going to do what you always do- say someone is stupid or wrong or missing the point, and then not bother stating how? I guess it is easier that way.

or are you just going to complain about how The Left is mean?

But they are a bunch of meanies :madspit:

I mean they scare you into thinking there will be another terrorist attack if you don't do this, they use fearmongering and racism to rally the people, and they try and legislate against anyone who is not like them...

oh wait, I got confused for a second.

Carry on.

This is a general Obama discussion, is it not? I was simply responding to the ultra-insightful and well laid-out argument "Lieberman is a fantastic douche."
Which has what to do with Obama? Why the rant about the left and moderates? It didn't make a lick of sense.

Then mind telling me where I'm wrong? Or are you going to do what you always do- say someone is stupid or wrong or missing the point, and then not bother stating how? I guess it is easier that way.

Oh, you are so insightful. As it's been pointed out before Lieberman is looking out for Lieberman, this has nothing to do with being moderate or not. No one has "threatened" his wife, no matter how Beck wants to spin it. There are just many that find her unfit for her role now, you have heard of the term "conflict of interest" right?

And before you say it, Olbermann does not speak for the left. In fact I can't think of anyone in here that has ever stated they really like Olbermann let alone worship him, but I can think of some that worship Rush or think the other racist Beck is a "great American". So as hard as you try and bring him into every conversation, it doesn't really matter, that is one of the big differences between the left and right, we don't worship the blowhard talking heads.

Yet now, people like Lieberman, Nelson and others are being vilified. I guess there's no room in the Democratic Party for moderates. :sad:

Lieberman is not a member of the Democratic Party, haven't you heard?

I mean they scare you into thinking there will be another terrorist attack if you don't do this, they use fearmongering and racism to rally the people, and they try and legislate against anyone who is not like them...

Come on, BVS. You're kidding yourself if you think the left doesn't do this. Just last week Newsweek ran a fantasy piece imagining if Gore had been elected in 2000. It said that if Gore had won, 9/11 never would have happened, which to me is Newsweek's not-so-subtle way of saying "If you voted for Bush, you allowed 9/11 to happen. If only you had been wiser and voted for Gore, that day never would have occurred."

Gotta love that. :up:

And before you say it, Olbermann does not speak for the left. In fact I can't think of anyone in here that has ever stated they really like Olbermann let alone worship him, but I can think of some that worship Rush or think the other racist Beck is a "great American". So as hard as you try and bring him into every conversation, it doesn't really matter, that is one of the big differences between the left and right, we don't worship the blowhard talking heads.

Who in here worships Rush? And why just confine it to this forum? There are people all over who take everything Rush says as God and everything KO says as God. Go visit the Kos, if you're not already there.

Lieberman is not a member of the Democratic Party, haven't you heard?

Of course, but he's one of the needed 60 votes.

You're too busy worshipping The State and only see Truth in those that glorify its magnificence.

i am shocked and disappointed for your failing to heap praise Olbermann on his condemnation of Obama last night.

Come on, BVS. You're kidding yourself if you think the left doesn't do this. Just last week Newsweek ran a fantasy piece imagining if Gore had been elected in 2000. It said that if Gore had won, 9/11 never would have happened, which to me is Newsweek's not-so-subtle way of saying "If you voted for Bush, you allowed 9/11 to happen. If only you had been wiser and voted for Gore, that day never would have occurred."

Gotta love that. :up:

I'm talking about actual politicians not boogeymen "librul media".

Who in here worships Rush? And why just confine it to this forum? There are people all over who take everything Rush says as God and everything KO says as God. Go visit the Kos, if you're not already there.

You and Oscar come close... You actually did when you first started posting, but you've seen a little light since then. I've never in my life actually met one person who treats Olbermann that way, but I've met hundreds that treat Rush that way.

You're too busy worshipping The State and only see Truth in those that glorify its magnificence.

How can one person be wrong so often? I mean the odds are you would be right at least a few times... you should go to Vegas because you are beating the odds.

So as hard as you try and bring him into every conversation, it doesn't really matter, that is one of the big differences between the left and right, we don't worship the blowhard talking heads.

Ever hear of Michael Moore?

Do you know anyone in here who has used him as a source, anyone that constantly uses his words without thinking for themselves, or for that matter anyone who even says that Michael Moore is where they get their information from?

I can't think of one, but I can think of plenty examples of all three from multiple posters of the right and am talk show hosts.

All summer and fall we were hearing about how there's no room in the GOP for moderates- Snowe, Collins, Crist, you name it. Yet now, people like Lieberman, Nelson and others are being vilified. I guess there's no room in the Democratic Party for moderates. :sad:

Moderates??? :eek:

"What have you done for me lately?"

Do you know anyone in here who has used him as a source, anyone that constantly uses his words without thinking for themselves, or for that matter anyone who even says that Michael Moore is where they get their information from?

I can't think of one, but I can think of plenty examples of all three from multiple posters of the right and am talk show hosts.

Just use your search function and travel back to 2004 and you should find plenty of people that in some way shape or form have used his fahrenheit 911 or his other movies as a source for things they have said in here.

But I was speaking more to the general idea of people(outside the forum) on the left not worshiping blowhard talking heads. I think if your being objective, you'll find this type of thing on both the right and the left.

But I was speaking more to the general idea of people(outside the forum) on the left not worshiping blowhard talking heads. I think if your being objective, you'll find this type of thing on both the right and the left.

I'm looking at this as objectively as possible. I think Obermann and left radio would have much higher ratings if what you say is true... I just don't think the left needs it as much as the right.

I'm still not exactly sure who Keith Olberman is. . .I don't think I'd recognize him if I saw him on TV. And I don't know what the Kos is. . . .

This is just laughable. I challenge you to find a post by a "left-leaning" member of this forum that supports this statement.

How can one person be wrong so often? I mean the odds are you would be right at least a few times... you should go to Vegas because you are beating the odds.

Ah. . .but he's always Right, BVS. (get it. . .Right as in a Right Wing. . ahhaahhahah. Whew I crack myself up!)

I can't stand Michael Moore. I've refused to watch any of his films since Bowling for Columbine (which I liked--but ever since then, I've tended to feel that he is dishonest in his work).

I'm looking at this as objectively as possible. I think Obermann and left radio would have much higher ratings if what you say is true... I just don't think the left needs it as much as the right.

No, the right is just better at it.

Obama unfortunately is a COWARD and is a terrible Commander in Chief. Given the chance to clean up the mess, he's been standing around telling the world he's still "thinking" about it. In the mean time the terrorists (Taliban and Al Queda) are busy killing us off and building momentum in the war all because we have this guy in the White House traveling the world and unable to make a decision other than to tell his staff to make more travel plans. Clueless and gutless Obama, "YES HE CAN" screw it all up!!!! You know that guy in the White House that wants to be "exempt" from the Obamacare plan, while the rest of us become the guinea pig.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obama unfortunately is a COWARD and is a terrible Commander in Chief. Given the chance to clean up the mess, he's been standing around telling the world he's still "thinking" about it. In the mean time the terrorists (Taliban and Al Queda) are busy killing us off and building momentum in the war all because we have this guy in the White House traveling the world and unable to make a decision other than to tell his staff to make more travel plans. Clueless and gutless Obama, "YES HE CAN" screw it all up!!!! You know that guy in the White House that wants to be "exempt" from the Obamacare plan, while the rest of us become the guinea pig.

You're well informed...:|

I guess some folks like to make an entrance. . . :wink:

A sight for sore eyes for INDY and 2861, I can imagine. . .

Having his Snowbama shaved ice (lemon-lime, cherry and passion-guava syrups) in Hawaii. I can't believe they zoom in on him that close when he's eating-but the first one would make a good new avatar if I didn't already have one.

slide_4251_59834_large.jpg

slide_4251_59835_large.jpg

Huffington Post

Amanda Simpson, who was named by President Obama to be senior technical adviser for the Commerce Department's Bureau of Industry and Security, has worked in the field for over 30 years. But prominent figures on the religious right are claiming that she was picked only as part of some transsexual agenda.

"Is there going to be a transgender quota now in the Obama administration?" asked Peter LaBarbera, president of the anti-gay group Americans for Truth. "How far does this politics of gay and transgender activism go? Clearly this is an administration that is pandering to the gay lobby."

"Simpson's nomination was forwarded through to President Obama by a gay activist group, making it appear that this appointment of a male-to-female 'transgender' activist to a high level Commerce Department position to be payback to his far-left base for their political support," a spokeswoman for Focus on the Family said in statement.

Matt Barber, associate dean at Jerry Fallwell's Liberty University, said the appointment "boggles the mind" and said that while African-Americans might deserve special treatment, transgender people don't.

"This isn't like appointing an African-American in order to try to provide diversity and right some kind of discriminatory wrong," he said. "This is about political correctness."

Of course, as Steven Benen points out, none of these angry conservatives even consider that Simpson was simply the best candidate for the job.

Simpson herself anticipated this reaction: "[There will be] questions like: Is this a token? Are you here to do a job or just to fill a quota or appease other people? In that regard it makes it a bit more difficult," she said. "I'm sure I will have to do and intend to do a far superior job than any other person. But I'm sure I will always be second-guessed."

David Brody at the Christian Broadcasting Network also predicted a right-wing backlash and argued that the right thing to do would be to not hire transsexuals, for that reason: "The transgender thing doesn't play well with millions of conservative Evangelicals. ... I understand President Obama won't be after die hard conservative Evangelicals in 2012 but let's remember that moves like this don't play well with the million of conservative Independent voters and Catholics who will be up for grabs again in 2012 as well."

Transgender rights supporters, however, are cheered that Obama didn't let fear of bigotry dictate his choice. "If you look at the job she's taking and at her résumé, this is not a quota appointee," Mara Keisling, of the National Center for Transgender Equality, told the New York Post. "She's unquestionably qualified for the job. The story is . . . not that [Obama] appointed one of us but that finally we have an administration for which that's not a deal breaker."

But prominent figures on the religious right are claiming that she was picked only as part of some transsexual agenda.

"Is there going to be a transgender quota now in the Obama administration?" asked Peter LaBarbera, president of the anti-gay group Americans for Truth.

Fuck off, you fucking hate-filled assholes.

"Is there going to be a transgender quota now in the Obama administration?" asked Peter LaBarbera, president of the anti-gay group Americans for Truth. "How far does this politics of gay and transgender activism go? Clearly this is an administration that is pandering to the gay lobby."

why does anyone care what this guy has to say? how does this group have any credibility whatsoever?

his website is hilarious -- it describes, in graphic detail, specific sex acts, and one can almost imagine how much it turns LaBarbera on as he tries to bring you every last ounce of Truth about gay people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom