Obama clinches the nomination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
McCain.gif

BEST POST EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:giggle:

THAT IS FRIGGIN HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

that is the McCain demographic right there!

john mccain would make a great president and probably should have been the guy running the show the past 8 years... that said, obama looked like john frickin kennedy last night. he just has that electricity about him.

that said, i could have sworn he wrapped up the nomination like 2 months ago.

BEST POST EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:giggle:

THAT IS FRIGGIN HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

that is the McCain demographic right there!

Yep, its also the demographic that votes in the highest numbers on election day. Obama does best with the demographic that either just doesn't vote, or would skip voting on election day for a booty call or beer.

Yes, but those numbers for Hillary don't include caucuses, nor do they count anything for Obama in Michigan.

And don't forget that the Democrats shattered records for turnouts and new people registering, and that many Clinton supports will back Obama.

Bush's record is going bye-bye.

Don't forget that 15% of White registered Democrats consider RACE important in choosing the next President. One wonders how less liberal independents and Republicans feel on that issue.

I BELIEVE
I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.
Praise Jeebus!

Where is this from?

Polls show voter doubts on Obama, McCain on economy - Yahoo! News

"Then there is the matter of race. The Illinois senator, who nailed down the Democratic nomination Tuesday by securing the final convention delegates he needed, will have to navigate the always explosive question of race in America like no presidential candidate before him."

"Before he can win the White House, he must cope with a daunting finding: One in seven white voters of his own party said in exit polls that race was important in choosing their candidate. Of that group, not only did two-thirds vote for Clinton, but nearly six in 10 said they would rather vote for McCain in November or stay home than support Obama."

Yep, its also the demographic that votes in the highest numbers on election day. Obama does best with the demographic that either just doesn't vote, or would skip voting on election day for a booty call or beer.

Way to go drunken hos!!

Talk about stereotyping.

It'll be interesting to see what happens between now and November. I have a feeling the media will have their way with Mr Obama by then. I've never been convinced that he'll be able to survive the political onslaught that his political opponents and the media will heap upon him. I guess we'll see.

Say what you want about Hillary, but it's nice to see someone who doesn't throw in the towel at the first sign of ill fortune. After hearing about Democrats complain in the last two elections about how Gore, then Kerry, threw in the towel without putting up a fight, you'd expect them to be ecstatic about a candidate who actually hangs in there til the bitter end.

Can't please them Dems though.

I think Obama would do well with either Webb or Clark as a running mate. I like that Kathleen Sebelius person too, but half of politics is name recognition, and I think a more familiar name would be better. Give Sebelius a cabinet position, and let people get to know her.

Choosing on-camera to treat it like comedy as the safest way of expressing defiance, would be my reading. It doesn't play well and it doesn't help the Party, but that's what it looks like to me.

with all your excitement

let me ask you something

how would you feel if we were getting reports that

super-delegates from
Iowa, Illinois, South Carolina, Virginia, and North Carolina
were coming in for Hillary
and this was putting her over the top and giving her the nomination?

I'd be like

"Aww hellz naw"

:crack:

I saw that last night when it aired, and I'm not sure what to make of it. This is a guy who did an interview with MSNBC last weekk while holding a bottle of Bacardi. Obviously, parts of it were said in a joking manner (i.e. Stewart as head of NASA), but he honestly seemed to believe some of what he was saying. If not, the man seriously needs to be a correspondent for the Daily Show, because he was hilarious.

The fact remains that the Clinton campaign became the Giuliani campaign on a roughly 5 month delay. They were poorly planned strategically and were both predicated on the idea that their respective nominees would have the easy path to their parties' nomination. They didn't spread out resources and people on the ground to every state and territory, but rather focused on the only places they felt mattered. Both Clinton and Giuliani based their campaigns on assumptions instead of facts, and in the end it caused their downfalls.

The fact remains that the Clinton campaign became the Giuliani campaign on a roughly 5 month delay. They were poorly planned strategically and were both predicated on the idea that their respective nominees would have the easy path to their parties' nomination. They didn't spread out resources and people on the ground to every state and territory, but rather focused on the only places they felt mattered. Both Clinton and Giuliani based their campaigns on assumptions instead of facts, and in the end it caused their downfalls.

That's pretty astute analysis. I wouldn't have been crushed if Clinton had won the nomination and though I'm cautiously optimistic about Obama getting the nom, I'm actually a bit skeptical about November. I was just talking to a friend of mine whose dad fits the "blue collar Democratic" profile that gave Hillary strong support and she said her dad would never vote for Obama because he's black. I suspect there are many Dem voters with a similar view and that makes me really sad. I would have liked to think that racism wouldn't be such a motivator among Democrats but I fear that is not the case.

That's pretty astute analysis. I wouldn't have been crushed if Clinton had won the nomination and though I'm cautiously optimistic about Obama getting the nom, I'm actually a bit skeptical about November. I was just talking to a friend of mine whose dad fits the "blue collar Democratic" profile that gave Hillary strong support and she said her dad would never vote for Obama because he's black. I suspect there are many Dem voters with a similar view and that makes me really sad. I would have liked to think that racism wouldn't be such a motivator among Democrats but I fear that is not the case.

I agree. It's a shameful truth that in the United States of America in 2008, that either race or gender would be a deciding factor on who a voter supports. Frankly, people with those views don't deserve the right to vote.

Obama the naive - Los Angeles Times

What do you make of this article? I've always known John Bolton is an idiot, but he can't seriously think that's a counter-argument against Obama. It's full of statements taken out of context and his own opinions, not facts. Clearly, it's an op-ed piece, so it's going to contain opinion, but those opinions have to be based on fact and reason, not "Obama wouldn't do what I think he should do, so he's wrong", statements. Yeah, Bolton, your foreign policy positions have worked out real well.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I know of a few people (my own mother included :sigh: ) who will not vote for Obama in November based soley on his race. It's really a shame, because all you have to do is paint him white and stick a sensible pantsuit on him and bam, there's Hillary (essentially...).

Unfortunately, I know of a few people (my own mother included :sigh: ) who will not vote for Obama in November based solely on his race. It's really a shame, because all you have to do is paint him white and stick a sensible pantsuit on him and bam, there's Hillary (essentially...).

I don't know about members of your family

but, if anything I would be more inclined to vote for Obama because of his background, heritage and yes race

I wish I could have voted for Colin Powell in the 90s, or even in 2000
he was registered as an independent, for much of his life

he would have made an excellent nominee for either, of the major parties

as for Obama and being exactly the same as Hillary :huh:

you got to be kidding me
one of the reasons I was supporting Hillary is because I believe Bill Clinton was an "outstanding" president, with exceptional skills, I believe Hillary would have had a presidency similar to his.

Obama has torn down and ridiculed the "Clinton Presidency". Lumping it in with the W Administration.

Obama is inexperienced, I felt the same way about W.

I am not saying Obama will do what W has done.

I am saying I would rather have gone with a more "known" quantity.

And again, I do believe that there is a large percentage of people that would have voted for Powell that may not vote for Obama.

and again, I am certain that for every ignorant person that says they will not vote for Obama because of his race

There are many that are inclined to and "did" vote "for" him because they wanted the change to be the "race" of the nominee

more than they may have considered the actual "track record" and experience of the candidates.

Back
Top Bottom