Obama clinches the nomination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
with all your excitement

let me ask you something

how would you feel if we were getting reports that

super-delegates from
Iowa, Illinois, South Carolina, Virginia, and North Carolina
were coming in for Hillary
and this was putting her over the top and giving her the nomination?

kind of a obvious question that really isn't worth answering at this point.

7 more delegates to go now...

I am sure there are at least 7 in states that Obama lost big time in
that can ignore the will of the voters and throw it to Obama.

Come on Ohio, W V, Pennsylvania, unclench your guns, stop clinging bitterly to your religion, get out of your small town and put Obama over the top.

with all your excitement

let me ask you something

how would you feel if we were getting reports that

super-delegates from
Iowa, Illinois, South Carolina, Virginia, and North Carolina
were coming in for Hillary
and this was putting her over the top and giving her the nomination?

But you see, the difference here is that Obama has ALREADY captured the majority of PLEDGED DELEGATES, which would hypothetically decide the nomination if there were no superdelegates. So in that imaginary world, he would have already won it anyway. If the super-delegates gave the nomination to the candidate who LOST the PLEDGED DELEGATE COUNT, that is DECIDED BY THE PEOPLE, then yes, I would be upset no matter what candidate I happened to support because I would feel that the super-delegates were abusing their power. Going with the nominee that got the greatest number of pledged delegates seems like the obvious and most fair choice here. Otherwise, you're blatantly going against the will of the people in this situation.

I'm afraid instead of picking the most obvious choice JIM WEBB Obama will be forced to pick Hillary.

I think Webb or Kaine have a good shot at it - Va. would be a big win in the election that Obama may not get otherwise. Obama is holding a big rally in Northern Va. on Thursday :hmm:.

I think Webb or Kaine have a good shot at it - Va. would be a big win in the election that Obama may not get otherwise. Obama is holding a big rally in Northern Va. on Thursday :hmm:.

Really?

Please pick Kaine. Please pick Kaine. Please pick Kaine.

Why do you say that?

There will be several cycles of fluctuation in Obama and McCain's poll numbers. To say that Obama will do nothing but rise and McCain will do nothing but fall from now until November is a bit presumptuous, not to mention that that certainly won't be the case.

No, it won't be a straight rise/fall for the two, but it will be more clear. Yes, that's my prediction. And be careful, you thought I was crazy for saying at the beginning of all of this that it was going to be Obama/McCain in the end. :rolleyes:

But you see, the difference here is that Obama has ALREADY captured the majority of PLEDGED DELEGATES, which would hypothetically decide the nomination if there were no superdelegates.

That is a more reasonable argument.

It would let the winning candidate have a more legitimate claim to being the people's choice.

But, the democratic delegate allotment was left up to the individual state parties to allocate any cockeyed way they came up with

There are states where one vote got more value than other votes in another part of the same state.

There is one state where a candidate won by 4-5 per cent of the vote, but the other candidate was awarded more delegates. :no:

A while back

I said I thought Webb, would be his best pick.

Better than Kaine.

you thought I was crazy for saying at the beginning of all of this that it was going to be Obama/McCain in the end. :rolleyes:

the McCain pick
was a solid prediction that came out 100 % correct

the Obama pick,
about as good as picking Bush in 2000 :shrug:

I must say, with all due respect, McCain's speech right now is pretty pathetic. He sounds like Andy Rooney firing up a Canasta club at the local diner.

His speech can be summarized as:

"I'm not Bush! Stop calling me that and being mean to me, okay??? Stop it, I mean it now!"

He sounds so stiff and insincere. It looks like he's (unsuccessfully) been practicing smiling in front of a mirror, but that he hasn't *quite* gotten the hang of it yet.

Obama has serious weaknesses

he is losing North Dakota

after outspending Hillary 5-1
and being way ahead in the polls:shrug:

He knows he can't beat McCain

so he will try his best to run against Bush

Obama has serious weaknesses

he is losing North Dakota

after outspending Hillary 5-1
and being way ahead in the polls:shrug:

He knows he can't beat McCain

so he will try his best to run against Bush

South Dakota.

And what do you mean by run against Bush? He's already effectively making the case against McCain.

I should add, the majority of Clinton's supporters will eventually support Obama, and the Democratic elections have had much higher numbers than the Republican elections. That should say something.

Back
Top Bottom