Obama clinches the nomination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I was a registered Democrat

I would be pretty disappointed with my party leaders.

The primary process should be set up where one candidate can clearly win the nomination.

Most times this happens by a "super Tuesday".
One candidate gets a substantial lead, and has a clear path to the nomination.

Well, with this nomination process, 10- 15 per cent of the delegates can vote any way they choose, regardless of the voters.

It would have been better for Obama if he came to the nomination as the clear, undisputed winner chosen by voters, and not put over the top by political hacks.

I see what you're saying, deep. However, I think it didn't hurt him too much. The dirt on him is out now. People are tired of hearing about it. Plus, the more people hear about him, the more they like him — and each state has now had a chance to examine him closely. As he's held up against McCain, I can only see him gaining in popularity and McCain losing in his.

I think he has a very good chance to win.

And all candidates have "dirt". I am sure there will be a lot more thrown before November.

I just think if either Obama or Clinton had received 500 more pledged delegates from primary elections, (so that the so-called super-delegates would be irrelevant) it would have been better.

And again, can any registered Democrat tell me why they think there should even be super-delegates?

Come on, Hil, take it like a man and concede already...

there is nothing to concede

now would be the time to suspend from active campaigning

but Obama has not got the pledged delegates to get nominated

the nominee will be selected by political hacks

super-delegates

some that declared one way a couple of months back
and then changed their mind

there is plenty of time and as much reason to change their mind again before the August convention

and these super-delegates have every right to change their mind,
until the actual moment of voting.

there is nothing to concede

now would be the time to suspend from active campaigning

but Obama has not got the pledged delegates to get nominated

the nominee will be selected by political hacks

super-delegates

some that declared one way a couple of months back
and then changed their mind

there is plenty of time and as much reason to change their mind again before the August convention

and these super-delegates have every right to change their mind,
until the actual moment of voting.

There's no way they would change their minds and vote for Hillary at convention though. That would be the dumbest thing they could ever possibly do.

Oh, I agree with you. I don't think it's terribly fair either. I'm just saying they won't switch to Clinton at convention. If they did, the party would fall apart.

Oh, I agree with you. I don't think it's terribly fair either. I'm just saying they won't switch to Clinton at convention. If they did, the party would fall apart.

based upon the situation now, I agree

but, a few months back, if the Super dels were forced to choose, Hillary very well would have recieved the most votes, there is time between now and the convention for things to change. I don't expect it.

It would take quite a bit.

More than just Obama looking 4-5 points weaker in polls against McCain.

This Rezko thing, could get bigger. Amazing how the press is ignoring it.

I guess there is nothing there.

But, why did Obama call it a bone-headed mistake?
if it is nothing?

based upon the situation now, I agree

but, a few months back, if the Super dels were forced to choose, Hillary very well would have recieved the most votes, there is time between now and the convention for things to change. I don't expect it.

It would take quite a bit.

More than just Obama looking 4-5 points weaker in polls against McCain.

This Rezko thing, could get bigger. Amazing how the press is ignoring it.

I guess there is nothing there.

But, why did Obama call it a bone-headed mistake?
if it is nothing?

Obama's already been found to be innocent with Rezko. I think he was just talking about the association with him. I really think the lead over McCain will grow quickly. Especially as Clinton rallies women to vote for Obama. The only issue I see with that is when he doesn't pick her as his veep. That'll urinate off some of her supporters.

This is excellent news. I think it would be best for our party if Hillary will finally admit that we do not want her as our nominee and effectively concede the race ASAP. I would love to see her on the ticket as the VP nominee. She could garner the support Obama needs from middle-aged to elderly women (and men) and Hispanics. Not only that, they're both intelligent, thoughtful leaders who have similar policy positions and similar plans and ideas on the direction the country needs to head after the utter disaster of the Bush administration.

I don't see her being picked though. She doesn't represent "Change."

I'm holding out for Tim Kaine. It'd be interesting to see our state's own Kathleen Sebelius, but if he picked another woman . . . he'd pay for it. : )

The only issue I see with that is when he doesn't pick her as his veep. That'll urinate off some of her supporters.

He desperately needs her as his VP
polls show a 5 point bump with her on the ticket

the question,
will she rescue him?

I'm afraid instead of picking the most obvious choice JIM WEBB Obama will be forced to pick Hillary. It's a real shame too and the fault of so many voters who kept voting for her despite the fact that she was NOT going to get the nomination. Stupid democrats!!!:yell:

I'm afraid instead of picking the most obvious choice JIM WEBB Obama will be forced to pick Hillary. It's a real shame too and the fault of so many voters who kept voting for her despite the fact that she was NOT going to get the nomination. Stupid democrats!!!:yell:

hey,

it will give you a chance to be a Hillary supporter, too.

Can you say "Barakillary".

or is "Obamaton" better :wink:

"I think many of those Hillary voters are going to consider and support Senator McCain," said Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty in an afternoon conference call designed to prebut Obama's speech tonight in St. Paul.

Pawlenty even compared the two senators, saying they shared important traits of experience and tenacity.

"They see and saw in Senator Clinton somebody they value experience in and, in many cases -- in terms of her personal characteristics -- her persistence and strength," the governor said of Clinton's backers. "Many of those same characteristics and more are in Senator McCain. So we think he's going to be able to compete for Senator Clinton's supporters to a significant degree when and if she terminates her campaign."

The likely Democratic nominee, Pawlenty argued, "is not ready for the job. And Senator McCain is more than ready from day one to assume the role of Commander in Chief."

Or should I say Day One.

Hillary is picking up fans.

It seems most Obamanics want nothing to do with her. :shrug:

As he's held up against McCain, I can only see him gaining in popularity and McCain losing in his.

Why do you say that?

There will be several cycles of fluctuation in Obama and McCain's poll numbers. To say that Obama will do nothing but rise and McCain will do nothing but fall from now until November is a bit presumptuous, not to mention that that certainly won't be the case.

And again, can any registered Democrat tell me why they think there should even be super-delegates?

Democratic super-delegates share the same raison d'être as activist courts and judges. Which is to overrule the will of the voters when they don't "get it right" in the judgement of the "elites." A backdoor escape hatch from majority (mob) rule.

It's more official now. Check out The Page - by Mark Halperin - TIME (I've been LOVING this site during all of this) Obama just picked up a ton more Supers and now only needs 12 delegates tonight. He'll get that.

Just dropped to 11. :giggle:

COUNT IT DOWN...

just went down to 10! :D

with all your excitement

let me ask you something

how would you feel if we were getting reports that

super-delegates from
Iowa, Illinois, South Carolina, Virginia, and North Carolina
were coming in for Hillary
and this was putting her over the top and giving her the nomination?

Back
Top Bottom