Obama clinches the nomination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roll your eyes all you want. Judges will be a MAIN issue in the Fall campaign and Obama will have to explain his "We need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom, the empathy to understand what it's like to be poor or African-American or gay or disabled or old--and that's the criterion by which I'll be selecting my judges."

In other words, "Take off that blindfold Lady Justice."

:giggle: no... U2Democrat....aka Laura!

HAHAHA.. THEY ARE PLAYING BEAUTIFUL DAY RIGHT NOW.. as Obama comes to speak!:hyper:

I hung in there for Hillary the whole time. With great respect for Obama all along.
But this is truly historical and I'm moving full speed ahead to get Obama elected.
Will he announce Hillary as his running mate? Would she do it?
We will see..

He's the winner, he has a lot more room to be magnanimous than she does, at this point. I'm sure we'll be hearing more pro-Obama sentiments from her when she officially concedes in the next day or two.

I'm obviously not an expert on this so I don't understand what is the point of not conceding if Obama has won the nomination already? :scratch:

I think she's, in a way, showing respect for all of those who stood by her even when it started to look dim and even pitch black. Plus, she could be trying to raise extra funds to help get her campaign out of debt. She may be even trying to firm up support for 2012.

I'm obviously not an expert on this so I don't understand what is the point of not conceding if Obama has won the nomination already? :scratch:

He hasn't "officially" won yet. If I'm not mistaken, at this point, he won't until Hillary concedes. There's still the (impossible) chance that his super-delegates could shift their support to Hillary. This would involve Hillary not conceding, taking it to the convention, and forcing the super-delegates to cast votes there. But the way things are now, the longer she puts off the concession, the more delusional she looks.

There isn't one. I really hope she will bow out gracefully. Even though I supported her continued efforts "not to give up" - It's not giving up now. Obama got there fair and square. I don't want to see the party divided because she is bitter. I don't think that will happen because fundamentally I feel, she want's what is best for the country.

This is from thepage.time.com

Andrea Mitchell says on MSNBC:

“Clinton advisers are telling me that she wants to sit down very quickly with Barack Obama, and she wants to do this in a private way.”

“She doesn’t want to concede or embrace him until she’s had a chance to sit down with him and explore what’s on his mind, and her mind.”

Suggests the meeting could happen on Wednesday, either in Washington or New York.

They just said on CNN 17,000 people were inside the arena where Obama's rally was.

Another 15,000 were outside.

I don't see McCain doing that. He barley put together a high school basketball crowd tonight.

They just said on CNN 17,000 people were inside the arena where Obama's rally was.

I don't see McCain doing that. He barley put together a high school basketball crowd tonight.

McCain.gif

I don't see Hillary doing that either, yet she has more votes than Obama or at least roughly equal. Its not how many groupies you have, but how many normal people pull the lever for you on voting day. The president with the record for receiving the most votes on election day is still W.

Well done America, a victory against Monarchy-like nepotism.

Though I reckon McCain is gonna be president, there's too many reasons for the nasty people of the US to vote against Obama.

I don't see Hillary doing that either, yet she has more votes than Obama or at least roughly equal. Its not how many groupies you have, but how many normal people pull the lever for you on voting day. The president with the record for receiving the most votes on election day is still W.

Yes, but those numbers for Hillary don't include caucuses, nor do they count anything for Obama in Michigan.

And don't forget that the Democrats shattered records for turnouts and new people registering, and that many Clinton supports will back Obama.

Bush's record is going bye-bye.

Isn't he also the president with the record for most votes against?

yes

54,958,186 voted against him in Nov 2000

and even more in 2004

60,252,938 voted against him then

for a total of 115,211,124

I bet that record will stand for a very long time, perhaps 100 years

I wish I was excited about this, but I find I just don't give a crap. :shrug:

yes

54,958,186 voted against him in Nov 2000

and even more in 2004

60,252,938 voted against him then

for a total of 115,211,124

I bet that record will stand for a very long time, perhaps 100 years
I disagree, population and divisive campaigning will only increased.

Back
Top Bottom