O,......what,.......no,......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont see anything wrong with it. It's like the Black Entertainment Television we have over here. I've heard there is also a Brown power organisation for people from the Middle East.

yes, i agree this is an example of the most sickening price we pay for freedom of speech. these people make me want to vomit. we cannot prevent these people from spewing their brand of hate, but we can use our fredom of speech to send a voice loud and clear that their messages are not welcome in our world. we cannot change or control their thoughts or beliefs, but we can make it uncomfortable for them to express it out loud.

ravenstar, i have to disagree with you. the spirit behind black entertainment TV is entirely different. they do not seek to oppress, exclude, harass, abuse or subjegate (sp?) persons simply on the basis of ethnic ancestery.

peace, lynn

Rono said:
Sometimes i hate freedom of speech but hey,........

www.stormfront.org
[/QUOTE

This site is quite disappointing. Here is the ling their kids section sends you to about Martin Luther King. It is horribly sad.

http://www.martinlutherking.org/

I am not saying I am against freedom of speech, but I am tremendously concened when a kids link brings me to places like this.

Peace to all.

Last edited:
WTF?

RavenStar said:
I dont see anything wrong with it. It's like the Black Entertainment Television we have over here. I've heard there is also a Brown power organisation for people from the Middle East.

To compare this site to "BET" is absurd...I only read a little bit on the site, but not only does this site praise and defend the thoughts of classic racist David Duke, but it's white supremicist views are insulting and despicable.

Re: WTF?

walkon11 said:

To compare this site to "BET" is absurd...I only read a little bit on the site, but not only does this site praise and defend the thoughts of classic racist David Duke, but it's white supremicist views are insulting and despicable.

Agreed. I can honestly say I've never seen any overtly racist programing on BET...there is a big difference between a cable channel that promotes black entertainment and culture and a website that promotes David Dukes and 14 year old kids who openly state they left public school because they are more intelligent than "other races."

Its just trash being spewed by a very small minority of the white population.

This really reminds me of when I was married to my ex husband, who is white. He is what you called "racially biased."
He has been involved in the 'skinheads' gang when he was younger, and his argument is that minorites get alot of help with the government because of their ethnic background, while he is white, and is expected to fend for himself, and he really resents that he can't say "white pride! and get beat up for it, while mexicans and african americans can just celebrate their heritage with national holidays. I am hispanic. There were alot of times when I was humiliated because of his comments about hispanics in general.

Yes, its the price we pay for free speech when we come across people with racist views, and sites like this. What can we do? We can just go to another site, and put in a U2 cd.

Ravenstar, I dont want to jump on your case or anything, but how is this similar? Granted I dont know about this BET except for what you guys have all said, but is their purpose to promote and celebrate black culture and entertainment? That is a great aim imo. Any ambition to preserve and retain cultural identity is fantastic.
Some members on that site claim that is their intention with their views on white people. Same goes for them. Good on them.

Problem is ravenstar, that site is very poorly veiled racism. There is a difference between wanting to celebrate and promote your heritage, and outright unfounded hatred based on appearance alone.

I'll give a few of them the benefit of the doubt and say they just want cultural preservation. Majority I am highly sceptical that is the foundation of their belief set.

I dont think the difference between that should be forgotten or covered up by freedom of speech.

nellie said:

He has been involved in the 'skinheads' gang when he was younger

Just wanted to point out that not all skinheads are racist; there is a vocal minority called Skinheads Against Racism that works to counteract the popular image of skinheads as racists and promotes nonviolence and acceptance.

paxetaurora said:

Just wanted to point out that not all skinheads are racist; there is a vocal minority called Skinheads Against Racism that works to counteract the popular image of skinheads as racists and promotes nonviolence and acceptance.

Lets hope the majority of boneheads listens to them sometime.

paxetaurora said:

what he was involved in, it was with a group who was fillled with hate and violence. its good to see that there is a group such as the one you named who works against racism. if you can give me some links and information on this group, i'd appreciate it. thanks for letting me know.

nellie said:

what he was involved in, it was with a group who was fillled with hate and violence. its good to see that there is a group such as the one you named who works against racism. if you can give me some links and information on this group, i'd appreciate it. thanks for letting me know.

http://www.angelfire.com/yt/sharptor/

http://www.geocities.com/cwcna/

I don?t know... not bad... but not very trustworthy either...

Re: Re: O,......what,.......no,......

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

In your opinion, are they Nazis or not?

I think the webmasters are nazis. The visitors are a mix of scared people, racists and people that are out for sensation. just read their forum. Stories about that the slaves liked slavery and the white men where the best friends. And with names like whiteknockels and blondebrain, i do not want to bet.

And you can find info about the ku klux klan rally.

The scary part is not the website itself but ( like posted before ) the fact that some 13 year old can find it easy, like me.

Back
Top Bottom