Nukes - What Would You Do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Here's a big question...

You are the leader of your country. Nukes are headed your way. Do you retaliate in kind?

Either way, your country is obliterated, so...

If you don't retaliate, you are saving lives of innocent people in the country that nuked your country.

However, if you do retaliate, you are, by obliterating that country, thus preventing that government from doing to others what they have done to you.

Don't retaliate. I wouldn't feel the need to prevent that country from doing it to others. If other countries want that one nuked, they're welcomed to make that decision and do the nuking for themselves. Unless they didn't have nukes and explicitly asked me to do it, then I might consider it, but probably not.

Besides, maybe some people of mine could survive. Have you been watching Jericho on CBS? :wink:

I'd, umm, get some last lovin' in, eat a great meal, get drunk and hold onto something sturdy.

Serious answer: I have no idea. No, I wouldn't return fire in kind and wipe out that country. But yes something a little more, shall we say 'precisely targeted', to wipe out that government - definitely. How? With what? No idea.

If my country was going to be obliterated by this country regardless, I'd nuke them and hope it will prevent them from doing this to other countries. And I'd also get totally wasted and have sex with everybody whether they like it or not, like Earnie said. :wink:

AussieU2fanman said:
If my country was going to be obliterated by this country regardless, I'd nuke them and hope it will prevent them from doing this to other countries. And I'd also get totally wasted and have sex with everybody whether they like it or not, like Earnie said. :wink:

You are joking right? You wouldn't really go around raping people in the last moments of your life would you?

I hope you were kidding...

Great question.

Retaliation would probably set off an unstoppable chain reaction leading to global destruction. Don't and they're free to do it again.

We're fucked basically.

ps. I'd probably spend my last time on Earth trying to get as close as possible to the impact zone. Best place to be in a nuke attack is right underneath the damn thing.

Well if It was me I would definatly release all my nukes and destroy the country who sent nukes our way.

Liesje said:

Besides, maybe some people of mine could survive. Have you been watching Jericho on CBS? :wink:

Yes, I really like Jericho. I am in great suspense over the background of the stranger in town (forget his name) and of the main guy (Jake?).

Only thing that bugs me about that show is how unrealistic it is. However, if it went for realism, all we'd see every week is people dying from radiation, and that wouldn't be much of a show.

Last edited:
I wouldn't retaliate with nukes. It'd be curtains for me, that's for sure, but there's not a heck of alot I could do about it.
'

80sU2isBest said:
Here's a big question...

You are the leader of your country. Nukes are headed your way. Do you retaliate in kind?

Either way, your country is obliterated, so...

If you don't retaliate, you are saving lives of innocent people in the country that nuked your country.

However, if you do retaliate, you are, by obliterating that country, thus preventing that government from doing to others what they have done to you.

I hope the guy that told you that nukes were headed our way is not the same guy the said

Saddam has Weapons of Mass Destruction

that it was a slam dunk case

that the evidence is bullet proof

I'd go nuke the bastards back.
And as said before i'd get as close as possible to the area of impact too , i wouldnt wanna be effected by any fallout.

80sU2isBest said:
Yes, I really like Jericho. I am in great suspense over the background of the stranger in town (forget his name) and of the main guy (Jake?).

Only thing that bugs me about that show is how unrealistic it is. However, if it went for realism, all we'd see every week is people dying from radiation, and that wouldn't be much of a show.

I agree. And....most of them would be dead by now if it wasn't for the mayor's son. I only got into the show after we figured out how to use On Demand, so I watch it when I'm bored.

Re: Re: Nukes - What Would You Do?

deep said:

I hope the guy that told you that nukes were headed our way is not the same guy the said

Saddam has Weapons of Mass Destruction

that it was a slam dunk case

that the evidence is bullet proof

Very helpful, Mr. Deep, very helpful. Such an inspiring contribution.

Think I am kidding?
HAROLD Ford, a handsome 36-year-old from Tennessee, has become one of the sensations of the mid-term elections in the US and a reason why Democrats are a good chance of winning back control of the US Congress for the first time in 12 years.

But if Mr Ford, already a US congressman, wins his bid to become a more powerful senator, Australia had better watch out.

Because according to Mr Ford, Australia has an interest in nuclear weapons and is part of the broader nuclear threat to the US.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20659192-401,00.html

Ozbollah!! :combust:

I think that you need absolutely certainty that something is going to go down before killing a whole heap of innocent people.

I still am absolutely apalled at how the world has stood by and watched the us commit mass murder under the flag of democracy, so i wouldnt be surprised if nothing happened if the us dropped the bomb on an asian country, after all its happened before :|

dazzlingamy said:
I think that you need absolutely certainty that something is going to go down before killing a whole heap of innocent people.

I still am absolutely apalled at how the world has stood by and watched the us commit mass murder under the flag of democracy, so i wouldnt be surprised if nothing happened if the us dropped the bomb on an asian country, after all its happened before :|

Well, we also did it to a European country. The Dresden fire-bombings in Germany, I believe it was? We just didn't use an atomic bomb. Is there a difference?

The argument can be made that the use of the atomic bomb saved millions of lives by preventing the need for a land invasion of the main islands of Japan. Of course, it also opened the whole nuclear can of worms too, I grant you that.

But you could also make the even wilder argument that even more lives were saved by the wars that may have been prevented because of the fear of M.A.D.

Not that I'm making that argument or anything.

Back
Top Bottom