Now Ice Cream is Political

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
One of the few last things I thought everyone could enjoy despite political leanings was Ice Cream...well no longer. Now we have Star Spangled Ice Cream the "conservative alternative to Ben & Jerry's" apparently Ben & Jerry's was too liberal. With flavors like Gun Nutt with Ted Nugent giving his backing to the flavor. Others are Iraqi Road, I hate the French Vanilla, Smaller GovernMint(this has to be a joke, have they not paid attention to the GOP lately) and others.

:no:
http://www.starspangledicecream.com/

My favorite ice cream is the French vanilla at a local creamery. I'm glad they didn't go political. My parents are in France right now so I really hate that "I hate the French vanilla". I vote against politicizing ice cream.

:angry:

Hey, I see they want to introduce Dutch Chocolate in the future. I forbid the name of the greatest nation in the universe to be used for this. :madspit:

:)

Marty (still searching if the site's fake or not)

MORE FLAVORS WE HOPE TO INTRODUCE SOON
These flavors are not yet available!
Cowardly German Chocolate
Irrelevant Belgian Chocolate
Dutch (Reagan) Chocolate
Donald Rum Raisin :lmao:!!!!!!
US Army Tank Crunch
US Navy Battle-Chip
US Air Force Over-The-Rainbow Sherbet
US Marine Tough Cookies & Cream
School Prayerleens & Cr?me

VINTAGE FLAVORS

Clinton Im-Peach
White House Fundraiser Coffee
Peanut Malaise

DISCONTINUED FLAVOR

KerryBerry (ketchup-flavored ice cream) - the public just won't buy it!

In other news, the oatmeal cookie Ben and Jerry's is REALLY good. :drool:

Last edited:
"To liberals who say conservatives can?t make an ice cream that?s as good as Ben & Jerry?s"

....because I was JUST saying that the other day.

:laugh:

What I find absurd are liberals that engage in much the same activities in bashing Bush, Conservatives, or the USA, and then scream when those of a different political view point engage in activities bashing France, Chirac or Liberals.

Let people express themselves in whatever way they want to as long as it does not harm or infringe upon other peoples freedoms or security.

STING2 said:
What I find absurd are liberals that engage in much the same activities in bashing Bush, Conservatives, or the USA, and then scream when those of a different political view point engage in activities bashing France, Chirac or Liberals.

Hey, I screm, you scream ...

Seriously, though, I don't think anyone was screaming about anything, STING. I personally think the whole thing is about as silly as "freedom fries."

What are the similar activities you claim liberals are engaging in. And are they (presumably) as tasty as I Hate The French Vanilla?

I think that this is really quite a silly thing to complain about.

Melon

Thatguy,

"What are the similar activities you claim liberals are engaging in. And are they (presumably) as tasty as I Hate The French Vanilla?"

I've seen plenty of artistic things posted here to attack Bush. If its ok for artist and singers to say things, write songs, or draw things that are Anti-Bush, Anti-Conservative, or Anti-USA, whats wrong with some one of a different political view point renaming French Fries or Ice Cream? Its a form of political expression just like some of Bono's stage activities.

I just have one observation to make here.....the ice cream was labeled the "conservative alternative to Ben & Jerry's" in the first post.

All of a sudden there are people in here implying that because people are "conservative" they would want a

"gay bashing flavor"

or a

"not white enough flavor"

I find that pretty offensive. There are plenty of good people on this board that are conservative. While many have left the board, for the three of us that remain......it pretty much sucks to come in here and read things like that.

But are conservatives so poor of confidence they now have to have political ice cream?

Just because Ben and Jerry, two hippies, happen to own an ice cream company, now suddenly the freezers have to be equal? If Chunky Monkey *really* clashes with GOP beliefs, can't you eat Dryers?

Aren't there bigger problems to spend time and energy on? Like, I don't know...feeding the hungry? Rather than making sure the French are bashed with every bite you take?

I don't see it like Bono's stage antics at all--at least they have a goal behind them. What is the goal behind conservative ice cream?

(I would be saying this even if it was liberals doing this. I guess I could say something about Ben and Jerry, but I don't even eat their ice cream! It's too expensive!)

I could laugh it off as a cute joke, but it's kind of hard for me to see it that way since it's been 3 years of Conservatism, Wow!
From patriotism, to freedom fries, to ice cream. It's too exhausting to be silly.

(Again, if it was the liberals, I'd say the same thing. Politics are simply embarressing and that's all there is to it.)

STING2 said:
I've seen plenty of artistic things posted here to attack Bush. If its ok for artist and singers to say things, write songs, or draw things that are Anti-Bush, Anti-Conservative, or Anti-USA, whats wrong with some one of a different political view point renaming French Fries or Ice Cream? Its a form of political expression just like some of Bono's stage activities.

Who's saying it's okay when they do those things. Liberals poke fun at conservatives, conservatives get upset. Conservatives poke fun at liberals, liberals get upset. I think it's a two-way street.

"Who's saying it's okay when they do those things. Liberals poke fun at conservatives, conservatives get upset. Conservatives poke fun at liberals, liberals get upset. I think it's a two-way street."

All I am saying is that people should not bash someone for simply renaming French Fries or Ice Cream. Its ok for people with a conservitive view point to express something that feel in that manner. I think its very hypocritical of liberals to attack them for it.

If its ok for Bono to protest something politically through symbolic imagery from the stage, its ok for someone to protest something by simply renaming a food they serve.

STING2 said:
If its ok for Bono to protest something politically through symbolic imagery from the stage, its ok for someone to protest something by simply renaming a food they serve.

I think we're saying the same thing, STING. Me personally, I just happen to find the idea of I Hate French Vanilla kinda silly and a little mean. But you're right, they have just as much right to do it as Michael Moore did to give his speech at the Oscars (which, I might add, he got attacked by many conservatives for).

Heh, I'd like to add that my comment wasn't directed at conservatives in general. But what I have read from some conservatives (not here on this board), a GayBashingBanana flavour might actually do well with some people.

Dreadsox said:

All of a sudden there are people in here implying that because people are "conservative" they would want a
"gay bashing flavor"
or a

I agree w/ that, and I certainly hope people wouldn't generalize about anyone here and imply that. Generalizating abut people is not a good thing :)

Yes, SOME conservatives think in those ways, but certainly not all.

Let's all just go eat some ice cream :D

Ok let me start off by saying I posted this because I think it's absolutely ridiculous to use ice cream as a forum for politics and that this was labeled "an alternative to Ben & Jerry's", last time I looked Ben & Jerry's don't express political views on their containers. But hey I might be wrong, I don't eat ice cream. No one here is screaming...... talk about sensitivity...

Dreadsox said:

"gay bashing flavor"

or a

I find that pretty offensive. There are plenty of good people on this board that are conservative. While many have left the board, for the three of us that remain......it pretty much sucks to come in here and read things like that.

Ok I posted that as nothing but a joke, if I offended anyone I apologize. But this is an extreme conservative view and I wouldn't associate anyone in this forum with these extremes. This is exactly the type of thing that gives conservatives a bad name. If anyone brought in some extreme left product on here I'd make fun right along with you.

But come on, "I hate the French" vanilla, I don't think anyone of my conservative friends would want to be associated with this type of shit. Believe what you want about France, but do you really want to be associated with blanket hate.

The one thing that bugged me about this whole thing is how they sell it off as being Patriotic. This whole if you're not with us mentality, I'm sickened by this "your anti-American if you believe this" shit. I even see it here and it gets old.

The "I hate the French vanilla" bothers me, too. I don't think anyone here would want to be associated with this sort of thing. This thread as I understand it is basically a joke thread. The problem with something like "I hate the French" is that it's not funny. I have no problem with good jokes about the French. I've seen some great jokes about the French and France here. Sting, I agree that these people have a right to make political statements. It'd be more effective if they just called it "not French vanilla" since that doesn't have the word "hate" in it. It's the word "hate" I object to. That certainly is not the kind of message Laura Bush wanted to take to Chirac last week.

Last edited:
Lets not forget that people have the right to express themselves politically in a variety of ways. There are plenty of people out there that think some of Bono's political statements and antics are just as crazy as someone renaming a flavor of Ice Cream.

I say let it go and just let them express themselves. Its actually a sign of a healthy society. If one did this under Saddam, they would feed you to the "Lions". This is America!

By the way if I had a dime every time someone in here has said "I hate Bush" "I hate Rumsfeld" etc., I'd be a wealthy man.

STING2 said:

By the way if I had a dime every time someone in here has said "I hate Bush" "I hate Rumsfeld" etc., I'd be a wealthy man.

I think "I have Americans" would be more comparable.

STING2 said:

Scarletwine would be broke....lol

Would you split it with me?

I'm sure we could split it among us and Crusader and a few others and still be very rich.

Back
Top Bottom