Now I have lost a lot of respect for Rush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I mean, what was the last good album they released? Grace Under Pressure? Excellent album! Power Windows was okay, but ever since then, it's been downhill...

"if you choose not who to serve you still have made a choice" how does that quote go? I'm not even sure what album thats from, but I remember 'moving pictures' kicked A$$.

oh, *mega dildos*
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by A|catura:

I hear what you're saying 80's, but "Test For Echo" is one of my all time favorite albums. Have you heard it?
Is it the one with "Time Stand Still"? I do love that song!

I saw the title first, then the author, and thought "Nooooooo... it can't be!"
wink.gif

hehe. To echo Angell - cute thread 80's. You had me going for minute there!

True, but at least they aren't selling out by capitalizing on fads and becoming something they're not. Yes, I know this was a joke.

Originally posted by adam's_mistress:
I saw the title first, then the author, and thought "Nooooooo... it can't be!"
wink.gif

hehe. To echo Angell - cute thread 80's. You had me going for minute there!
Thanks a bunch! It's just my idea of a joke. The thought was "How can I shock people by a thread title, only to find out when they read the thread that I'm just being my goofy self?".

To be honest, I think the 80s and early 90s were the worst for Rush. Why? Well, think about it.

Geddy Lee is considered by most bass players to be the greatest bassist out there (with Les Claypool as a close second).

Niel Peart is considered by almost everyone to be the single greatest rock drummer out there. The guy's a genius.

Alex Lifeson is one of the best guitarists alive. He's also highly underappreciated.

So, here you have three of the greatest in their respective fields. What do they do? Resort to synthesizers.

It just doesn't make any sense.

That's not to say that their work in the 80s sucked. Quite the contrary. I love Grace Under Pressure. I just think their earlier stuff (2112, A Farewell to Kings) and their more recent music (Roll the Bones, Test for Echo) are best.

------------------

Truth is offensive.
I'm morally opposed to rape, and I would never rape anyone, but I think, ultimately, it's up to the rapist and no one else.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Originally posted by A|catura:
Is it the one with "Time Stand Still"? I do love that song!

Actually in the 90's it goes in this order:

Roll The Bones
Counterparts
Test For Echo
<=== this is the album that will change your mind!!!

------------------
Dr. Evil: When I get angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset... people die!

[This message has been edited by Mr Bigglesworth (edited 03-27-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom