November will be a very good month!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the US, new presidents are elected in November, and sworn in and take office in January. In other words, a U2 album and bye-bye G.W. Bush.

1) A new album

2) Confirmation that Kerry won't be our next president (i.e. - breathe a heavy sigh of relief!)

Sorry, but this was a one-sided thread and needs more diversity of opinion...

Zoocoustic said:
1) A new album

2) Confirmation that Kerry won't be our next president (i.e. - breathe a heavy sigh of relief!)

Sorry, but this was a one-sided thread and needs more diversity of opinion...

:up:

Nothing is confirmed for U.S presidents...don't start pushing your politics on the rest of us, please.

surely the Americans wouldn't be stupid enough to vote in Dubya for a second term...assuming he actually won the last election, that is :eyebrow:

i'm hoping the many americans among us were far too intelligent and sensible to have voted for him last time round...

The Sage said:
surely the Americans wouldn't be stupid enough to vote in Dubya for a second term...assuming he actually won the last election, that is :eyebrow:

i'm hoping the many americans among us were far too intelligent and sensible to have voted for him last time round...

most Americans didn't vote. but all the Floridians did, and we know how that turned out :madspit:

The Sage said:

Look, I understand you don't like Bush, I don't favor the man too highly myself, but that doesn't mean you should insult people because they voted for him. Others are free to have different views than you, and it doesn't make them stupid to do so.

i didn't vote last time at all.....i hate that. but i'll be glad to vote for bush this time around. i wish more americans voted anyways...one way or another. i fear we are too apathetic and that is dangerous.

shouldnt we be talking about the new album?
who the hell cares about who voted for who?
The Sage, dude, you don't even live in the US so who the hell do you think you are insulting us like that? You have absolutely no room to talk so i suggest you shut up while you're ahead

November shall be awesome;

1. U2 album.
2. I graduate high school.

Maybe I won't be blasting Beautiful Day on 19 November ...?

On the politics side, I'm glad I won't be able to vote until January 2005 (that's when I turn eighteen). If I lived in the USA, I wouldn't have a clue who to vote for - Bush isn't the brightest bulb in the ceiling but Kerry needs to learn to keep singing the same tune - and here in Australia, while our election date hasn't been announced, it will be this year. I've lost most of my support for John Howard, but I wouldn't trust Mark Latham to run a newsagent, let alone a country. What's particularly fun is that I plan on going into political journalism.

Last edited:
In the US, I don't like Kerry that much but he is the lesser of 2 evils. Bush is an utter moron, and not just because of the war on terror. His rejection of the Kyoto Treaty was just as bad...I could go on but never mind.

In the UK I should be old enough to vote when the general election comes round, I would vote Green but that's throwing my vote away basically...i'll probably vote for whoever's most likely to get Ian Taylor out of our constituency seat, which is probably the Lib Dems.

I guess this turned into a political thread......

No one realizes that Bush has gone through a lot. Just coming into office, he gets hit with 9/11, which was left over fromthe lack of attention from Clinton. 9/11 screwed up the economy and our safety and so they look at Bush and say he's a horrible President, Bullcrap! Vote Bush '04!

Evolution Monkey: I think and hope U2 will have something to say come November elections, unless Bono will want to protect his social/AIDS/Africa work from any "surprises" from the US administration.

Definitely, Bush should leave.
Kyoto, International court for crimes, the Iraq and Afghanistan adventures, the record deficit he managed to get compared to Clinton's record achievements, the fake arguments he used for Iraq (even the 9/11 comission says there is no proof for Iraq connection to 9/11 - yet many Americans still believe Iraq is a vengeance for that), the incredibly bad US relations with other countries and "irrelevant" UN, the decline of human rights in America and the way he fights this war (Guantanamo)...interesting how conservatives were all over Clinton for years yet they get upset at the slighest criticism of Bush.
The last straw for me was using 9/11 in his re-election campaign, Tasteless and pretty bold, considering (like Clark said so well) he/adminstration FAILED on that day. And of course the Iraqi prisoner scandal.

I really fear nothing good can come out of another 4 years with Bush in charge.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Evolution Monkey: I think and hope U2 will have something to say come November elections, unless Bono will want to protect his social/AIDS/Africa work from any "surprises" from the US administration.

Kyoto, International court for crimes, the Iraq and Afghanistan adventures, the record deficit he managed to get compared to Clinton's record achievements, the fake arguments he used for Iraq (even the 9/11 comission says there is no proof for Iraq connection to 9/11 - yet many Americans still believe Iraq is a vengeance for that), the incredibly bad US relations with other countries and "irrelevant" UN, the decline of human rights in America and the way he fights this war (Guantanamo)...interesting how conservatives were all over Clinton for years yet they get upset at the slighest criticism of Bush.
The last straw for me was using 9/11 in his re-election campaign, Tasteless and pretty bold, considering (like Clark said so well) he/adminstration FAILED on that day. And of course the Iraqi prisoner scandal.

hear hear

This ain't a political forum, so if you want to go there find the forum that fits it. I'm sure there is a laundry list of things that others would do in place of Bush....but that's left for a different forum.:madspit:

lew07 said:
I guess this turned into a political thread......

No one realizes that Bush has gone through a lot. Just coming into office, he gets hit with 9/11, which was left over fromthe lack of attention from Clinton. 9/11 screwed up the economy and our safety and so they look at Bush and say he's a horrible President, Bullcrap! Vote Bush '04!

After 9/11, Bush had the highest popularity rating of any president, and he had the support of every country in the world. He squandered both in a period of 2 years by attacking Iraq. Bush is taking a very simplistic route of attacking terrorism by invading countries. He, and the presidents after him, needs to focus on the root of the problem, the hatred of America by the Middle East. Maybe if he stops treating the syptoms and gets to the cause of the problem, then we can find peace.

Originally posted by Spooner
just curious...

what would you guys do differently that Bush has done?

not go to war in Iraq.

U2girl said:

I agree with you 100 % but the scariest thing of all is that he might get re-elected again. How that it's possible that there are that many Americans who support Bush and his actions is beyond me. Bush had the whole world in the palm of his hands after 9-11 and he took all of that support and threw it away acting like a cowboy. Did he ever think to ask the leaders of all those countries like Canada and France and Germany who supported him in Afghanistan ? No instead he decided to go to war against Iraq because in summer 2002 his approval rating was slipping for the first time since 9-11 and the economy was still not doing good, he knew by going into Iraq the military would easily defeat Iraq and find WMD (whoops!), he also knew that the American people would support him 100% during a time of war. He gambled and he lost, he thought it would be a cakewalk and lot's of people voiced their opinion ( like Larry ) and said it was wrong and it could lead to civil war in Iraq yet he doesn't listen to anyone. What I don't understand is if he only got 50% of the vote in 2000 and so many people hate him now how could he possibly win ? That's what upsets so many people in the world is that there are that many Americans who support Bush's actions even though they know it's caused such a rift in world stability.

The first thing to do differently is to get rid of Bush. Also i bet a lot of Americans don't know this but Al Queda actually wants Bush to win in November because they know that their goal of seperating the western world from the eastern world is much easier with Bush in power because he will continue to be the divisive leader he is it's in his nature and he will continue in the next four years if he is re-elected.

spencr00 said:
shouldnt we be talking about the new album?
who the hell cares about who voted for who?
The Sage, dude, you don't even live in the US so who the hell do you think you are insulting us like that? You have absolutely no room to talk so i suggest you shut up while you're ahead

Please keep in mind that what the US does tends to have an effect on the rest of the world, therefore, shouldn't others from all over the world be allowed to have their own ideas and opinions? As I recall, the UK is in Iraq, too. And they wouldn't be if the US hadn't started the war.

As an American, you should understand what a great thing freedom of speech is. Telling someone to "shut up" for expressing their opinion is not cool. As far as insulting "us", I'm an American and was in no way offened by Sage's points.

Anyway, whatever the outcome of the US elections, everyone will have a new U2 album. Let's please try and focus on that, atleast in this part of the forum.

(And congrats and good luck to you, Axver!)

ylimeU2 said:
Please keep in mind that what the US does tends to have an effect on the rest of the world, therefore, shouldn't others from all over the world be allowed to have their own ideas and opinions? As I recall, the UK is in Iraq, too. And they wouldn't be if the US hadn't started the war.

Exactly. The US is easily the dominant world power and what it does is going to impact upon other nations. If its economy goes up, it goes up elsewhere; if the US's economy goes down, it goes down elsewhere. A lot of world events rest upon American policy, positions, actions, and events. To say people outside the US aren't allowed to voice their criticisms and thoughts on American policy is nothing short of ignorant and unrealistic. The USA is in a LOT of our news so anyone who watches it is going to have an opinion, and not all of them are going to be positive.

(And congrats and good luck to you, Axver!)

Thank you!

Originally posted by spencr00
Im voicing my opinion....

At least voice it in a non-offensive way. Telling people to "shut up" and calling them an "idiot" isn't voicing an opinion; it's being derogatory. I'm sure you're above that and can articulate a decent argument.

I'm focusing on a new U2 album! :)
As for elections, I'm reminded of a song that goes like this:
" No Matter Who You Vote For ( The Govenment Always Gets In)"

since this thread has nothing to do with U2 anyway I'll move it to "Free Your Mind"

if only to promote more people going there once in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom