Not Another One... Stop it Already

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
There have been a lot of controversial polls about lately, and for my official first post, I thought I'd make one as well (abiding by the rule that the questions must be as unbiased as they can be). However, to further modify the poll, I thought I'd ask why you have the opinions that you do...

Do you think it is the mother's choice in the case of abortion?
Do you encourage the use of fetal tissue for scientific research?
Do you consider yourself a religious person?
Do you support the space program and further exploration into space?
Do you believe that war is imminent?
Where do you live?

Finally on a lighter note...

Do you like lemonade?

If you really want to mess with people's heads psychologically, post a few math questions before the actual poll. That will influence you to use the analytical side of your brain when responding to these controversial subjects.

Thank you Dreadsox for the idea

Last edited:
Do you think it is the mother's choice in the case of abortion? yes i do think it should be.

Do you encourage the use of fetal tissue for scientific research? i wouldn't ENCOURAGE it...

Do you consider yourself a religious person? no. yes. i don't know, i'm confused.

Do you support the space program and further exploration into space? yes i do.

Do you believe that war is imminent? afraid it's quite possible. hope not.

Where do you live? the u.s.

i do like lemonade. i had some at dinner.

Can we make this the last one please? They're all a mix up and rehash of the same topics alerady being discussed.
Thanks guys........:wink:

cujo said:
Do you think it is the mother's choice in the case of abortion? Yes, I do. Why? Because although I'm personally opposed to abortion (as in I wouldn't have one myself) I recognise that my opinion is based on a personal moral belief and not on facts. Therefore I don't believe I should tell other people they should agree with me when my opinion is only based on a personal belief.

Do you encourage the use of fetal tissue for scientific research? I don't know enough about the subject to answer.

Do you consider yourself a religious person? A few months ago I'd have said no, but now I guess I do :)

Do you support the space program and further exploration into space? I think so.

Do you believe that war is imminent? Sadly, yes :(

Where do you live? England. Where it's been snowing for the last two days. Eeek!

Do you like lemonade? Yeeees :) Actually, I love what people in America call lemonade - that's really yummy. Only here we call like 7up-type-drinks lemonade and they're not so good. Anyone want to volunteer to send me some strawberry lemonade?

Do you think it is the mother's choice in the case of abortion? yes
Do you encourage the use of fetal tissue for scientific research? depends on how it is acquired
Do you consider yourself a religious person? yes
Do you support the space program and further exploration into space? yes yes yes yes yes yes YES
Do you believe that war is imminent? unfortunately, yes
Where do you live? Indiana

Do you like lemonade? not really

Do you think it is the mother's choice in the case of abortion? Abortion is killing another human, so it's no one's choice except when it is medically necessary to save a mother's life when a pregnancy goes bad. Though the issue does get messier when you bring in the issue of rape.
Do you encourage the use of fetal tissue for scientific research? Nope. Would we experement on new borns? would we experement on third trimester fetuses? Heck the animal rights people go nuts over this and we're about to do it to our own species.
Do you consider yourself a religious person? In the sense that I have faith. I am a church member, but I'm not fond of organized religion. Being a son of clergy means know know all the nasty bits. But hey its the best we have.
Do you support the space program and further exploration into space? Yup. It may sound like costly sci-fi to most people but we are going to run out of mineral and energy sources here someday and we are going to run out of room (that is if you don't believe we're there already)
Do you believe that war is imminent? Yes. I can hope for peace but the little dove looks like it's about to flat line
Where do you live? Canada

Do you like lemonade? Yes, yes I do.

I'll add this question to it:

Would it be acceptable to experiment with the fetal tissue of a miscarriage if it were possible?

Melon

Yes.

Could you define that a little more?

Slightly

Yes, but within limits

Yes

Where do you live?

Toronto, Canada

Do you like lemonade?

Yes

melon,

I think it should be dealt with the same way as organ donation, or the donation of the body to science following death. The parents (or immediate family) should decide whether or not they want to donate any remaining tissue for research, and if so, they can. And if they don't want to, that's fine as well.

Do you think it is the mother's choice in the case of abortion? Yes -but only in certain extreme circumstances.

Do you encourage the use of fetal tissue for scientific research? Only if it is the product of a miscarriage and by permisson of parents.

Do you consider yourself a religious person? Hmmmm. Am working on that. Would like to be.

Do you support the space program and further exploration into space? Yes, but it scares me nonetheless.

Do you believe that war is imminent? - It looks that way.

Where do you live? Toronto

Do you like lemonade? YES! And Mike's hard cranberry lemonade is very good too!

Do you encourage the use of fetal tissue for scientific research? sure
Do you consider yourself a religious person? sure
Do you support the space program and further exploration into space? yes
Do you believe that war is imminent? no
Where do you live? memphis, tennessee, usa
Do you like lemonade? yes, but only fresh squeezed.

The questionnaire trend is officially over... well at least for today. Sorry for beating a dead horse with this rehash thread

Do you think it is the mother's choice in the case of abortion? Yes, I do.
Do you encourage the use of fetal tissue for scientific research? I've never really thought about it, so I don't really have a stance on that issue as of now.
Do you consider yourself a religious person? No, not really.
Do you support the space program and further exploration into space? Despite all that's happened recently, yes, I do support that stuff. I think learning about and exploring space is important-it will have a big effect on our future as far as where we may live and what else we may discover out there.
Do you believe that war is imminent? For a while there, I did. But with the way some things have been going lately...I dunno, maybe war may be avoided after all. If that happened, that'd be great.
Where do you live? The United States.

Do you like lemonade? I don't drink it regularly, but it's not bad. I can take it or leave it.

Angela

Do you think it is the mother's choice in the case of abortion? Yes, I do. Within reason. I'm not a supporter of women who have 10-15 abortions because they don't want to use birth control.

Do you encourage the use of fetal tissue for scientific research? I don't encourage it, but then again, I'm not familiar enough with the procedure. Is it stem cell research?

Do you consider yourself a religious person? I'd like to think so.

Do you support the space program and further exploration into space? Without a doubt.

Do you believe that war is imminent? War is always imminent. Whether it's with Iraq, is another question.

Where do you live? Freezing-cold, blizzardy Canada. On the UofT campus.

Do you like lemonade? You'd better believe it.

melon
- as anitram said.

cujo said:
The questionnaire trend is officially over... well at least for today. Sorry for beating a dead horse with this rehash thread

Tis ok, they're all thought provoking.
:)

Anyhow, I'll have a stab at your questions.

Do you think it is the mother's choice in the case of abortion? The mother makes the choice usually, yes. As for if it is her right...
Do you encourage the use of fetal tissue for scientific research? Do you mean the placenta and cord blood? I support research in this field.
Do you consider yourself a religious person? Not outwardly.
Do you support the space program and further exploration into space? No.
Do you believe that war is imminent? yes.
Where do you live? Aus.

And I'm not really a lemonade fan :wink:

Well, that's all it takes. I wish father's had more say. They had something to do with it.

My brain says yes. My heart says no. I can support it if it is umbilical cords from babies that have been delivered. I cannot support using an aborted fetus or anything like that.

Yes. Not conservative in the area of religion. But I am religious.

Yes.

I think YES. I wish it were not so, but the path seems to be chosen.

Where do you live?

In the Boston, MA area.

Do you like lemonade?

Yes.....

Thank you Dreadsox for the idea

Don't thank me. Thanks for posting good questions.

Last edited:

Do you encourage the use of fetal tissue for scientific research? depends

Do you consider yourself a religious person? sometimes

Do you support the space program and further exploration into space? I guess so but I find it too costly when there's so many people starving or dying of preventable diseases in the world

Do you believe that war is imminent? Unfortunately, yes

Where do you live? Canada

Do you like lemonade?

Hehe, what's my name? what's my name?

<---------

Back
Top Bottom