Not Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:
Drudge is reporting a growing Kerry marital infidelity story. Apparently Dean is trying to use this to his advantage. :down:
Sorry for my ingnorance, but what is a marital infidelity ?

It means cheating on your spouse

Oy, not again :rolleyes: And I think if he ever cheated on Teresa, he might end up like John Bobbitt :wink: :D

Dean is just going to look like an ass

Teresa Heinz Kerry is a very strong woman who doesn't take :censored: from anyone. To my knowledge the Kerry campaign hasn't given any credence to this stupid rumor. Dean is really starting to act like a :censored: jerk. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

according to drudge

bill clinton fathered a black child -

false!

this smells of karl rove tatics

like when they ruined Mc Cain with lies

they have been busy manufacturing false evidence about the AWOL Pres.

even if it were true

only tight ass nut jobs really care

ask The Governator.

Ain't it great to see people are concerned about the real issues, as always?

:tsk: :down:.

And I agree, even if it were true, it's none of my beeswax anyway. That's a personal issue he and his family would have to deal with. Nobody else needs to know about it.

Angela

Last edited:
this is very bad of dean. Kerry is likely to win the nomination as things sit right now. Dean shouldn't be helping the republicans to defeat a candidate from him own party do to jealousy. what a poor loser :down:

I would bet almost a million......

Mrs. Clinton is more behind this than Dean......

Clark gets bumped out...their man....and if this breaks as a major story with truth to it.....I cannot believe it is coincidental.

They want her to be the nominee in 4 years.

Damn, Dread, I didn't think about the Clintons. Ironically, some idiot on a Kerry listserver I just signed onto was annoying us with "he lied just like Clinton" :censored: :censored: this morning. Grrrrrrrrr. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I just do not believe that this is NOT related to Clark leaving.....it is too weird.

Clark leaving also helps Edwards in the south.

Dreadsox said:
I just do not believe that this is NOT related to Clark leaving.....it is too weird.

Clark leaving also helps Edwards in the south.

No, I don't think so, considering that Clark endorsed Kerry. A whole slew of Clarkies are now in Kerry's campaign. This does help Edwards in the South now that he's the only Southerner in the race.

i heard earlier today, tho I can't remeber what radio news {not Fox} that Kerry, dosen't want Edwards as Veep if he gets the nomination. :eyebrow: No further inoformation as to why.

I like Edwards. I did hear on another day the 3 other potentional Veeps that are *not already* in the race.

verte76 said:

No, I don't think so, considering that Clark endorsed Kerry. A whole slew of Clarkies are now in Kerry's campaign. This does help Edwards in the South now that he's the only Southerner in the race.
According to what I have read.....

Clark decided to announce him within two hours of being questioned about his "off the record" comments. Way to cover your ass.

Alleged Kerry Affair with Intern Draws Media Attention
By Jimmy Moore
Talon News
February 13, 2004

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John F. Kerry (D-MA) has allegedly been involved in a two-year extramarital affair with an intern beginning in Spring 2001, according to The Drudge Report on Thursday.

Drudge said a full-scale investigation into this is underway at Time Magazine, ABC News, the Washington Post, the Hill, and the Associated Press.

"There is no lawsuit testimony this time [like former President Bill Clinton with Paula Jones]," a top source told Drudge Thursday night. "It is hard to prove."

When asked about the investigation on Thursday, Jack Stokes, a spokesman for the AP, told the Editor & Publisher, "We simply don't comment on stories we are pursuing or not pursuing."

In addition, the executive editor for The Washington Post, Leonard Downie, Jr., admitted the newspaper was looking into Kerry's past, but said he was not aware of an extramarital affair.

"What we're finding, I don't know," Downie exclaimed to the Editor & Publisher. "This is the first we are looking into him this way."

A source at one of the major television networks told Talon News that they are specifically forbidden to talk about this story on the air until one of the other major television networks reports on it first.

The unknown woman involved is a former employee for the AP, according to Drudge, and a previous intern with Kerry. Drudge states that she "recently fled the country, reportedly at the prodding of Kerry." The woman is allegedly in an undisclosed location in Africa after a top news producer approached her about her relationship to Kerry, Drudge reports.

A friend of the woman told her story to a reporter in late 2003 and said she had "fantastic stories" that may bring an end to the Kerry presidential campaign, Drudge continues.

Kerry is currently married to ketchup millionaire heiress Teresa Heinz Kerry.

Yet, retired Army Gen. Wesley Clark, who dropped out of the race on Wednesday and will officially endorse Kerry for the Democrat nomination today, told a group of reporters earlier this week, "Kerry will implode over an intern issue."

"Three reporters in attendance confirm Clark made the startling comments," Drudge contends. Actually, ShortNews.com reports Clark reluctantly confirmed he made the statement on Thursday.

These reporters who heard Clark make the statements are amazed the retired Army general would endorse Kerry.

Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, who last week said he would drop out of the race if he did not win the Wisconsin primary on February 17, apparently changed his mind because of these looming charges against Kerry, campaign officials told Drudge.

But Dean campaign officials said this is "absolutely false" and "didn't have anything to do with our decision" to remain in the race.

"I actually think it's too bad this is starting," an anonymous Dean campaign aide told Scotsman.com. "It has no relevance to the campaign."

Nevertheless, in the past few days, the criticism of Kerry has become more intense by the Dean campaign, including Dean describing Kerry as a part of "the corrupt political culture in Washington."

Yet Democratic sources imply the Republican Party had something to do with this and have accused them of playing "dirty tricks" in an attempt to smear the leading candidate to face Bush.

Kerry has been racking up big victories in primaries and caucuses for the Democrat nomination to face President George W. Bush in November. In all, he has won 12 of 14 states.

Kerry is expected to be in Wisconsin Friday campaigning for next Tuesday's primary election.

The Kerry campaign did not immediately return calls inquiring about these allegations. However, the embattled presidential candidate is scheduled to appear exclusively today on the Don Imus radio talk show to talk about these allegations made by Drudge.

Matt Drudge, who was responsible for breaking the story about Clinton's affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky in 1998, cleared his web site for most of Thursday to devote space to this story.

But this is not the first time Kerry has been accused of being engaged in an extramarital affair.

While separated from his first wife, millionaire Julia Thorne, in the mid-1980s, Kerry was rumored to be linked to Morgan Fairchild, Cornelia Guest, and Patti Davis, the liberal daughter of Ronald and Nancy Reagan.

Then, the Boston Globe reported last year that Kerry had an affair in the 1980s with a young British reporter while still married to Thorne. When she and the other alleged women eventually heard that Kerry was still married until 1988, it "came as a surprise to some of his frequent companions," according to the Boston Globe.

Last week, the Boston Herald's Inside Track had a story on a recent National Enquirer investigation into Kerry's "eye for Hollywood honeys" including Fairchild, Michele Philips, and Catherine Oxenberg. The Herald added that Fairchild and Philips were so disgusted by Kerry that they decided to give political contributions to other candidates running for the Democratic presidential nomination instead of the Massachusetts senator.

The Boston Herald also noted that the National Enquirer story made note of a "22-year-old blonde who was spotted around midnight 'dropping off her resume' at Kerry's Louisburg Square home while wife Teresa Heinz was in Nantucket."

The Congressional Quarterly's Craig Crawford remarked that Chris Lahane, Clark's press secretary and a previous adviser to former Vice President Al Gore, has known about the Kerry affair story for a while and "has shopped around for a long time" to find someone to publish it.

Interestingly, Crawford states Lehane also briefly worked as an adviser for Kerry's latest presidential bid.

"The Kerry camp has long expected to deal with this, and have assured party leaders they can handle it," Crawford said.

Crawford added that the affair story was "one reason the Gore vetters in 2000 shied away from Kerry as a running mate choice" because of the possibility it might get leaked and remind people of "Clinton's personal failings" with Monica Lewinsky and Paula Jones.

Responding to questions about whether the Lewinsky affair during the Clinton impeachment was affecting his job as president, Kerry told the Boston Globe in a September 21, 2001 story, "I think it is entirely possible [the extramarital affair by Clinton] was a distraction that kept him from performing his duty as president."

Also, in a statement from the U.S. Senate's closed deliberations on the articles of impeachment against Clinton on February 12, 1999, Kerry made some rather intriguing comments about the former president's infidelity that reveal his thoughts on the matter.

Responding to criticism that Clinton's affair was corrupting American culture, Kerry defended the two-term Democrat president by saying the Clinton affair gave parents a tool for teaching their kids about various character flaws.

"If anything, there may now be a greater appreciation for the trouble you can get into for certain behavior," Kerry said in the statement at the time. "More parents are teaching their children about lying, about humiliation, about family hurt, about public responsibility, than before we ever heard the name of Monica Lewinsky."

Addressing the affair itself in the statement, Kerry said he was "deeply disturbed by" it, but said it was "understandable" that Clinton wanted to "cover it up."

Before this story about his alleged affair with an intern was released to the public, Kerry was already in hot water over a photograph showing Kerry with political activist Jane Fonda at a 1970 anti-war rally in Pennsylvania published on the front page of the Washington Times on Wednesday. Kerry has attempted to portray himself as a hero of the Vietnam War, but has distanced himself from the aggressive protests he took part in after he returned from the war.

Some political observers are already speculating that this latest turmoil in the Democrat presidential race is laying the groundwork for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) to become the nominee in a brokered Democrat convention in Boston this summer.

Woman Denies Rumors of Kerry Affair

By MATTHEW ROSENBERG, Associated Press Writer

NAIROBI, Kenya - A woman who has been the subject of rumors linking her to Sen. John Kerry denied Monday that she ever had an affair with the Democratic presidential candidate.

Breaking her silence four days after the allegations surfaced on the Internet, Alexandra Polier issued a statement to The Associated Press, saying, "I have never had a relationship with Senator Kerry, and the rumors in the press are completely false."

Kerry already has denied reports that he had an extramarital affair. On Monday, his campaign said he would have no further comment.

Polier's statement was released to the AP in Nairobi, where the 27-year-old freelance journalist is visiting the parents of her fiance, Yaron Schwartzman, an Israeli who was raised in Kenya. She previously worked as an editorial assistant for the AP in New York.

"Whoever is spreading these rumors and allegations does not know me," Polier said, appealing to the media to respect her privacy and the privacy of her fiance and his family.

Polier also took issue with reports that referred to her as a former Kerry intern.

"I never interned or worked for John Kerry," she told AP over the phone.

In a separate statement, Polier's parents, Terry and Donna Polier of Malvern, Pa., dismissed the "completely false and unsubstantiated" allegations about their daughter.

"We love and support her 100 percent and these unfounded rumors are hurtful to our entire family," the statement said. "We appreciate the way Senator Kerry has handled the situation, and intend on voting for him for president of the United States."

The statement did not address purported quotes by Polier's parents in the British tabloid The Sun that were harshly critical of Kerry.

Kerry has won 14 of 16 Democratic primaries and caucuses, and is expected to be the Democratic challenger to President Bush in November.

Rumors of a relationship between Kerry and Polier first appeared Thursday on the Internet and were picked up by newspapers in several countries outside the United States. Few U.S. publications printed her name, however.

Asked Friday about the reports, Kerry told reporters: "I just deny it categorically. It's rumor. It's untrue. And that's the last time I intend" to respond to questions about it.

Regarding her silence until now, Polier said, "Because these stories were false, I assumed the media would ignore them. It seems that efforts to peddle these lies continue, so I feel compelled to address them."

By Monday, reporters and photographers were camped outside the Schwartzmans' Nairobi home, and at one point pursued the car of Yaron's mother, Hannah Schwartzman, as she left the walled compound.

Polier and Yaron Schwartzman met at Columbia University. They arrived in Kenya last October.

Polier graduated from Clark University in Worcester, Mass., in 1999. She received her master's in journalism from Columbia in 2003.

You'd think if you were going to make up lies about someone you'd think they think of something new, not the same scandal from years ago and just change the names.

And she wasn't even an intern? At least check your facts.

this was spread by drudge and and tabloids like the SUN that Rupurd Murdock owns

and some of you attribute it to Dean and Hillary?

Does anybody feel foolish for buying this crap?

I never attributed it to Dean. I attributesd it to Hillary....because the information coming out was that it was from within the Clark campaign, specifically from his campaign manager, who happened to be close to the Clintons. Nah....I do not feel foolish....

I would deny it too if I were about to get married.

Clark falls prey to anti-Kerry rumor mill
By Thomas Oliphant, 2/15/2004

WASHINGTON

POLITICS ASIDE, the quick endorsement of John Kerry by presidential candidate emeritus Wesley Clark might best be understood as an act of contrition for two egregious sins that ironically serve as bookends for this month's degrading detour into campaign slime.

ADVERTISEMENT

The sin of commission occurred during an astonishing, even for a rookie, judgment lapse with the gaggle of reporters covering his campaign on its final day last week. Bantering with them at length under supposedly off-the-record ground rules, Clark actually said he was still in the race because he thought Kerry's campaign was going to implode over what he inelegantly called an "intern" scandal.

The sin of omission occurred in January, when Clark stood mute while filmmaker Michael Moore referred to President Bush as a "deserter" during the Vietnam War era while endorsing Clark.

The first sin is part of a chain of truly weird events that has produced a classic bit of modern media manipulation that has slowly but surely in turn produced the following phenomenon -- published rumors about the possibility of a story about Kerry fooling around with a young woman appearing despite the absence of any allegation (much less purported information) to that effect.

The second sin -- compounded by Democratic National chairman Terry McAuliffe's equally irresponsible labeling, without evidence, of Bush as having been "AWOL" during his National Guard service more than 30 years ago -- has helped spawn a classic example of journalism by millimeter-length "facts" that raise sinister questions without answering them.

In the first instance, a few days of absurd public behavior after a few weeks of equally absurd undercurrents and rumor-mongering have resulted in a new journalistic low -- a frenzy about a "story" that hasn't been written concerning an "allegation" that hasn't been made.

In the second instance, the public is left with the choice of being tortured by daily developments that add and subtract minutely from an overall picture that is completely obscured. For the minority who prefer waiting for real evidence, there is only one fact: President Bush promised last weekend to release all of his service records and until Friday night had resisted doing so.

Clark's rumor-mongering with his press corps about Kerry was the visible tip of an iceberg of rumor-mongering that had gone on for weeks, stirred not only by some of his fund-raisers but also among the press by aides and consultants that "something" was coming. This is how spin doctors feed gossip mills without actually providing gossip.

His comments -- instantly passed on to home offices and then to others, proving why nothing is off-the-record with more than one person in a presidential campaign, and probably shouldn't be. They had the effect of drawing unwarranted attention to a supermarket tabloid clip job on Kerry's private life last week that rehashed the astonishing fact that the senator appears to have been single when he wasn't married.

So where was the rumored "story"? Into the breach stepped the right wing -- Matt Drudge's website and associated radio shows, and right-wing and Rupert Murdoch-owned British outlets, and their tried and true methods all for getting trash into the standards-challenged mainstream press. The absence of a story or even an allegation is no obstacle here; the technique is simply to start a rumor that a story is about to appear.

It worked. By Friday morning, Kerry decided to answer a clear, direct question from Don Imus on his radio program. Asked if there was anything coming or anything to all this, anything at all, Kerry chose to be direct, unequivocal, and on the record: "There is nothing to report, nothing to say." The answer was No.

The chain of events from Moore in Clark's magnifying presence, through McAuliffe, to the past week's water torture sequence of partial disclosures is more complicated. The big difference is that both the irresponsible statements and the minute, new developments have all been taking place in public, based on what people have said and documents have shown.

In addition, Moore and McAullife notwithstanding, the president's decision to make blanket statements last weekend and the White House's impolitic decision to release selected records piecemeal have been much more important engines pulling the frustrating story along.

However, the impression fostered more in the press than in politics that the inevitable existence of questions and gaps permits inferences about the answers and about what might be in the gaps is just as pernicious. The fact remains that while Bush is on the record promising a full disclosure he has yet to make, no one has the right to assume the answers to questions for political purposes.

I suspect this campaign is too potentially close not to get ugly, which is regrettable. What is more regrettable, however, is that my business is more likely than not to be a willing participant in the ugliness -- again.

I hate crud like this, but sadly it's part and parcel part of a campaign these days. I'm just glad the lady and her family repudiated the rumors to give the whole sordid deal closure. While I do not expect campaigns to be tea parties it'd be nice if they could stick to the issues. They've never done this, unfortunately. Smears have been done for 200+ years in American politics.

Is He Trying Too Hard

When Politicians Make PDA's

r639790960.jpg

Back
Top Bottom