Norman, Hilary and Media Silence - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
^ boy, everyone's really getting a rise out of you, aren't they?
Don't you just love it!?

dbs
__________________

diamond is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #42
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Absolutely not.
That many of you are missing the broader message, I will try and break it down here:

Your average American sees Hilary as an enabler of a philanderer, but many of you give her a pass because she promlugates your agenda, but that doesn't correllate with fairminded Americans who will ultimately decide if she's elected or not. She actually does women a disservice by being an enabler-which most Americans get, you guys don't.

Futhurmore because a dozen of you or more feel cozy here on a message board being left minded syocphants doesn't accurately respresent America; you're in for a rude awakening.

That some of you will attempt to call me a hypocrite because of my past conduct, bear in mind 2 things:

1-I have never sought public office, and never plan to.
2-What's in my past, is my past and ppl do change, the Clintons don't seemed to have, they look/act like they're power hungry and act like they're entitled to the office- ask Obama.

It's not going to happen,
William The Impeached,
the disbarred Attorney from Arkansas
with angry wife in tow will not be running the country in 2009, mark my words.

I propose that we ajourn until Nov 10th 2008, after you all of you come out your therapists' offices, being much better suited to deal with the new realty then.

Thank you,

dbs


Again, read my above post. You don't like her cause she's a democrat. Everything about Bill, and your sexist taunts of her "insults" to women, are childish and miss the mark. They are inaccurate, irrelevant, and, most of all, a lie.

You give bigots like Fred Dalton Thompson and totalitarians like Rudy Giuliani a pass because they "promluguate your agenda." I get a hint of, you guessed it, HYPOCRISY, in that statement.

And that post was littered with insults to members here. Goes under BVS's statements responding to your transparent "I'm insulted" statements.
__________________

phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26




Again, read my above post. You don't like her cause she's a democrat..
Wrong again
I could almost live w Obama.

I don't like her character, what she's enabled and who she's protected to advance her agenda.

Come back after the 2008 election or perhaps when you're old enough to vote.

dbs
diamond is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 03:10 PM   #44
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond


Your average American sees Hilary as an enabler of a philanderer,
Where's this poll?
BVS is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 03:10 PM   #45
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Wrong again
I could almost live w Obama.

I don't like her character, what she's enabled and who she's protected to advance her agenda.
But almost every one of your claims against her is completely unsubstantiated.

Quote:
Come back after the 2008 election or perhaps when you're old enough to vote.

dbs
I'm sorry, but what does that even mean? I have no idea what you are trying to say. What does coming back after the 2008 election have to do with anything?

And what does my age have to do with the discussion either?
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Don't worry about it-you're still so much more mature than some people.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 03:56 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,725
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
^ boy, everyone's really getting a rise out of you, aren't they?
Hey, I learn a new word from diamond every day: imbeciles, sycophants... they don't make sense in their context, and just reflect on the poster, but still, you don't learn that kind of language in your English courses in school, do you?
Vincent Vega is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Yes, it's oh so educational
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 09:31 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Hillary is a total disaster. I mean here's a Christian woman who found it in her to forgive her husband's transgressions...maybe for the sake of preserving the marriage, maybe for her child, maybe because she thought they still made a lovely pair, maybe it's because she was quoted as saying that he was the only man who ever understood her. So she goes and exercises something some fella by the name of Jesus talked about - forgiveness. What a total fucking outrage. I can't believe she's enabling this piss poor behaviour. She's part of our decaying moral fabric. Thank God your average American can see right through her evil act.
anitram is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 10:14 PM   #50
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 08:37 PM
To borrow a phrase from a fellow poster:

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Hillary is a total disaster. I mean here's a Christian woman who found it in her to forgive her husband's transgressions...maybe for the sake of preserving the marriage, maybe for her child, maybe because she thought they still made a lovely pair, maybe it's because she was quoted as saying that he was the only man who ever understood her. So she goes and exercises something some fella by the name of Jesus talked about - forgiveness. What a total fucking outrage. I can't believe she's enabling this piss poor behaviour. She's part of our decaying moral fabric. Thank God your average American can see right through her evil act.
Ka-ching.
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Well where does she get off upholding the sanctity of marriage???
anitram is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 PM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:37 PM
Re: To borrow a phrase from a fellow poster:

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
Ka-ching.
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 10:41 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 09:37 PM
oh how i this thread..



U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 11:22 PM   #54
Refugee
 
dazzlingamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Posts: 2,468
Local Time: 12:37 PM
I don't like Hilary, and don't think she could be elected. Theres just to much hate towards the Clintons by the right, and they'll come out in droves to say NO by electing anyone, while the left arn't too excited by here either and will do they 'eeeeh, mybe i'll vote' and then don't and the whole country is red again.

I say, democrats, stick to Obama, and he will take you the whole way!

i still also say, you should all have to vote like here. IT would make things so clearer, and stop a shitload of bitching.
dazzlingamy is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 11:23 PM   #55
Refugee
 
dazzlingamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Posts: 2,468
Local Time: 12:37 PM
apologies for all my spelling mistakes... i was eating a cupcake at the time, so it was a one handed type.

i was hungry.
dazzlingamy is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 11:28 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Hillary is a total disaster. I mean here's a Christian woman who found it in her to forgive her husband's transgressions...maybe for the sake of preserving the marriage, maybe for her child, maybe because she thought they still made a lovely pair, maybe it's because she was quoted as saying that he was the only man who ever understood her. So she goes and exercises something some fella by the name of Jesus talked about - forgiveness. What a total fucking outrage. I can't believe she's enabling this piss poor behaviour. She's part of our decaying moral fabric. Thank God your average American can see right through her evil act.
Yeah - I am sure her staying married to Bill was ALL about love and forgiveness. I live in Northern California filled to brim with radical libs - and I open myself up to a ton of political discussions - as you can probably imagine. I can tell you this - NONE of them trust or like her. They are for Obama or Kucinich.
AEON is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 11:29 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:37 PM
I personally am very high on Kucinich. He's my favorite candidate. Shame he hasn't gotten more respect in this.
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 11:33 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AEON


Yeah - I am sure her staying married to Bill was ALL about love and forgiveness. I live in Northern California filled to brim with radical libs - and I open myself up to a ton of political discussions - as you can probably imagine. I can tell you this - NONE of them trust or like her. They are for Obama or Kucinich.
What do you care why she stayed with him? Is it your business to evaluate people's marital decisions? Is it better to advocate marriage dissolution and divorce in a union that is none of anyone's business?

I don't care what they think of her or whether they like her. I'm not a Hillary supporter by any means (although I'd certainly vote for her over a single Republican). What I find disgusting and disingenuous is to suggest that by remaining with her husband she is an enabler of philandering. She made a decision for herself, inside her marriage and it is NONE OF DIAMOND'S BUSINESS why she did it. I'm so sick of Republicans deeming what is and isn't correct inside people's relationships. It's honestly akin to some kind of perversion.

And it's the same people who are constantly crowing about how Adam and Steve are bringing upon the downfall of marriage. While advocating divorce BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE WHO WISH TO REMAIN TOGETHER. Give me a fucking break.
anitram is offline  
Old 09-14-2007, 11:51 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram


What do you care why she stayed with him? Is it your business to evaluate people's marital decisions? Is it better to advocate marriage dissolution and divorce in a union that is none of anyone's business?

I don't care what they think of her or whether they like her. I'm not a Hillary supporter by any means (although I'd certainly vote for her over a single Republican). What I find disgusting and disingenuous is to suggest that by remaining with her husband she is an enabler of philandering. She made a decision for herself, inside her marriage and it is NONE OF DIAMOND'S BUSINESS why she did it. I'm so sick of Republicans deeming what is and isn't correct inside people's relationships. It's honestly akin to some kind of perversion.

And it's the same people who are constantly crowing about how Adam and Steve are bringing upon the downfall of marriage. While advocating divorce BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE WHO WISH TO REMAIN TOGETHER. Give me a fucking break.
I actually don't care. She's about a genuine as the rest of the crowd (on both sides). What a crap lot we've been served. I can't believe this is the best field our nation of 300 million can produce. (well, 325-350 million if you include the illegals)

Maybe we should start running elections like American Idol - they give a speech, a panel of from the Left, Middle, and Right chimes in - and we start voting people off the show with our cell phones. I am sure we could get a better a result.
AEON is offline  
Old 09-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Hillary is a total disaster. I mean here's a Christian woman who found it in her to forgive her husband's transgressions...maybe

for the sake of preserving the marriage..
, maybe ...
maybe... it's because....


.
maybe
maybe
maybe..because of..

of polictical expediency?

btw

"Christian" seems are quite convenient in your usage.
How many "Christians" are for late term abortions?



dbs
__________________

diamond is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×