No questions from Helen Thomas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Helen-Thomas.jpg

I was SO looking forward to her question. She's the only reason I even watch press conferences. :sigh:

She's been to every press breifing since Kennedy was president, I believe. She asks THE most hilariously biased questions, though, and has a REALLY grating voice. She'll ask things like, "Is it true that the president wants to blow the limbs off of all Iraqi children?"

She also recently said that Bush is the worst president the USA ever had.

she was there, third row. first time in most reporters' memories she didn't get front row or the first question. Bush is either running scared or a baby trying to get his way. sorry, that move was just not classy on the part of the white house.

SHe was in the third row. If I were him, I would not ask her to ask a question either!

.Those of you, who watched, saw he had a prepared list of reporters to call on. I am she was intentionally left off.

Previous Presidents had the guts to take all questions. Many of you may remember truly spontaneous press conferences, with reporters jumping up and down raising their hands and shouting.

This was bizarre, they sat there like well behaved school children. They knew this was a dog and pony show. And good behavior would be rewarded by access and face time on TV.

It could have served his agenda if she asked a bias, ridiculous question. All he had to do was have the mental agility to match wits with an 82 year old woman who many believe is out of touch. So much for the courage of our Commander in Chief.

i couldnt believe how pointless the whole thing was. the reporters didnt dare ask something controversial, it was like the whole thing was staged.

the press sucks. me included.

helen thomas has been gunning for ari fleischer lately. it's pretty hilarious to watch. she asks these outrageous questions and you can tell he wants to go postal. it's funny to watch him squirm.

i was waiting for her question too. i had a feeling, once i could tell he had a list to follow, that she would be left out.

Screaming Flower said:
helen thomas has been gunning for ari fleischer lately. it's pretty hilarious to watch. she asks these outrageous questions and you can tell he wants to go postal. it's funny to watch him squirm.

:yes: I LOVE those moments. :laugh:

I'm glad to see other people have noticed that Helen Thomas didn't ask the first question at that "press conference" the other night. If the powers-that-are thought people wouldn't notice--many of us did.

I think moving her was a petty, small-minded thing to do. And yes, I know about that quote where she called Bush the worst president she'd ever seen...I think the Administration would have looked better if they'd let her sit in her customary spot regardless of her personal views. This move seems to indicate that the Bush Administration can't handle criticism.

For those of us who aren't thrilled with this Administration to begin with, it's just another in a very long list of transgressions that, as a whole, have us extremely worried about the future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom