No "Dream" Ticket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
McCain rejects Kerry's veep overture

Republican Sen. John McCain has personally rejected John Kerry's overtures to join the Democratic presidential ticket and forge a bipartisan alliance against President Bush, The Associated Press has learned.

Kerry has asked McCain as recently as late last month to consider becoming his running mate, but the Arizona senator said he's not interested, said a Democratic official who spoke on condition of anonymity because Kerry has insisted that his deliberations be kept private.

True bipartisanship is still generally a pipe dream; one we haven't seen since the time of George Washington. But, even then, it wasn't very successful. Party allegiances just run very strong in this nation.

Melon

hmmm that's interesting. I wonder how many republicans would vote for Kerry if he had a rep. running mate. That's one to think about!

I'm not surprised. I thought the idea was interesting, but I didn't think it would happen. Generally, I don't think it was really that popular among Kerry supporters. Most of them seem to want either John Edwards or Wesley Clark. In fact, there are whole listservers dedicated to getting these guys on the ticket.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom