New study: Homosexual men prone to promiscuity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think theres a difference between speaking your mind and saying it in a way that comes off as defensive or mean or whatever
I just got the sense that you were holding your tongue so you wouldnt speak out in anger
:reject: sorry if I misunderstood
I dont mind you speaking your mind to me, but I also dont like feeling ganged up on either. Thats probably why I dont come into FYM very often. Im kind of a minority in my beliefs and I know that speaking them just makes people want to yell at me sometimes

anyway, what i'm most curious about is the fact that gay men are often "blamed" for being promiscuous whereas when talking about other groups and communities, both in the US and around the world, we are much more likely to blame environment.

are Africans to be "blamed" for the spread of AIDS?
are teenaged girls to be "blamed" for anorexia?
are African-Americans to be "blamed" for crime?
are Salvadorans to be "blamed" for gangs like MS-13?

etc, etc.

why?

Thats a really interesting question!
I see where youre coming at with the "environment" issue
People say that a child is a product of their envronment.
As for me on that, I dont know. I think there might be a couple contributing factors to a persons personality other than just environment, but certainly it plays an enormous roll.
If I wasnt bombarded with images of stick figures all the time I wouldnt have such a poor view of myself.
If Africans were taught better, and their culture didnt endorse the actions that spread AIDS it wouldnt be such a wildfire of a problem.

:sigh:
I wish I understood things better

"Environment" vs. "heredity" is a very interesting topic because it pertains to my life. I have a bunch of hereditary garbage; I have a form of autism from my dad's side of the family and depression and an addictive personality from my mother's side of the family. But there are traits I've clearly picked up from my environment as well.

nbcrusader said:
I'm not sure why the article is interpreted as "blame"?

but such articles are used (and probably written with the intent) to support groups who "blame."

like, say, William Bennet. or Bill Donahue. or people who say, shockingly, that the average life expectancy for a gay man is into his mid-40s.

Back
Top Bottom