New Saddam tape released

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
[q]'MY SONS ARE MARTYRS'

A tape believed to be of Saddam Hussein mourning his sons has been played by an Arab satellite television station.

The audiotape, allegedly of the former Iraqi dictator acknowledging the killings of Uday and Qusay, was played by Al-Arabiya TV.

The voice on the tape says Uday and Qusay were all martyred for Iraq and defiantly says that America will be defeated.

"Even if Saddam Hussein has 100 children other than Uday and Qusay, Saddam Hussein would offer them the same way," he said on the tape.

"Thank God for what he destined for us, and honored us with their martyrdom for his sake."

Saddam said his sons were killed after a "valiant battle with the enemy lasting six hours".

They died during a massive US raid of a villa in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul.

The voice on the tape gave the date as July 2003 but a day is not specified.

Saddam began the tape with a verse from the Koran and then paid condolences to Iraqis for the deaths of his sons.

But he also said the deaths were "good news, that is the hope of every fighter for God's sake, as another group of noble souls of the martyrs have ascended to their creator."

Monitored in Cairo, the broadcast was the second tape attributed to Saddam in just over a week.[/q]

According to tageschau Mr. Hussein started with a coran-verse, that is interesting, not long ago he tortured muslem leaders and financed the christian comunities in his country..
..so i guess he tries to get the muslims on his side. I hope they are smart enough to remember the past and don't support this guy with a Jihad

Klaus

personally I feel this attack on Saddam's own sons to be a bit below the belt. Imagine how america would feel if Saddam killed Bush's children... we would all feel that a attack like this was totally uncalled for.

just my two sense

tchlowlife, surely you are joking, right?
There is a BIG difference here.
Bush's girls didn't rape, murder and torture anyone they wanted to.

tchlowlife said:
personally I feel this attack on Saddam's own sons to be a bit below the belt. Imagine how america would feel if Saddam killed Bush's children... we would all feel that a attack like this was totally uncalled for.

just my two sense

:scratch: I really do not know what to say to this. Did Bush's daughters suddenly become leaders of paramilitary groups that are terrorizing the countriside?

The man is a lunatic.

I can imagine no reasonable parent celebrating the deaths of their children, but there you have it.

And yes, it does sound like a call to Muslims with the reading of the Koran. Is the enemy of your enemy your friend? I guess we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom