New law in Spain REQUIRE men to share equally in housework

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's American Wife said:
Police, arrest tht man! He refuses to take out the trash! :laugh:

Rather than relying a law that will be all but impossible to enforce, parents need to show their sons at an early age that household chores aren't "women's work" and that they should share in them equally. Mothers should teach and fathers should set an example by helping out.

I firmly believe that boys should learn to cook, do laundry, sew a button, iron a shirt and clean toilets and it needs to start at home at an early age. It should not be up to a man's wife to train him.

Likewise, I think girls should know how pump their own gas, change a tire and kill bugs :wink:

I know this has nothing to do with what you are saying, but your post reminded me of a theory I have about mothers being an indirect cause of many divorces. Yes fellas, I'm talking to you and about your mummies. It is seriously time men stop acting like fucking pussies and lifted a goddamned finger. I have nothing but praise and appreciation for all men who do housework, it is truly wonderful. Amazing, to be a fully grown and responsible adult. Doesn't it feel good? I know men who are well into their 30s and never cooked, cleaned, organised and ran a house. They have no idea. Do these selfish pricks think their wives are happy about this? Fuck me, no. Oh, sorry, that's right. The woman NAGS. Boo hoo. Diddums has a nagging wife. Have any of these revolting men ever considered why? Mummy never made him do it when he was young. Cry me a fucking river. Your mother's slavery and your laziness is making your women unhappy.

Mothers, I implore you. Dont let your daughters grow up thinking they have to take care of her warrior man who will be out hunting and gathering. If she grows up and wants to take care of her hunter and gatherer, then support her. Teach her to find a man who will never take advantage of that and will love and appreciate her for all she does. Teach your sons. A weak man is one who cannot fend for himself. It is a sickening weakness in men who are unable to take on roles. Who cannot or will not help. Who arrogantly demand it is done for them. Who naively and blissfully skip through life unaware of their faults and the anger and resentment that can build.

Listen to me rant lol. Sorry for campaigning in a relatively jokey thread about this, but to quote Hotman Paris "I hate him!" A man who cannot or will not help. Personally, I have no preference in gender roles. Women need to do what they choose, whether it be Mrs Housewife or Mrs Career Whore. Her choice. Men have to let her choose and help her as she helps him. Same goes for the rarer times when men do all the housework and a lazy wife expects him to enslave himself to her. They can join the same rank. Revolting people. Should be ashamed.

Angela Harlem said:
It is seriously time men stop acting like fucking pussies and lifted a goddamned finger. I have nothing but praise and appreciation for all men who do housework, it is truly wonderful. Amazing, to be a fully grown and responsible adult. Doesn't it feel good? I know men who are well into their 30s and never cooked, cleaned, organised and ran a house. They have no idea. Do these selfish pricks think their wives are happy about this? Fuck me, no. Oh, sorry, that's right. The woman NAGS. Boo hoo. Diddums has a nagging wife. Have any of these revolting men ever considered why? Mummy never made him do it when he was young. Cry me a fucking river. Your mother's slavery and your laziness is making your women unhappy.
you put it rather harshly, but that basically helped turned my rocky marriage into a horrible one. when we moved out, i was pretty much left doing all the chores while also working a full time job.

my ex and i are on wonderful terms but damn he is a slob. he can't even be arsed to put his dirty clothes in the hamper, he'll leave them in the bathroom next to the shower.

I'm really sorry to hear that khan. :hug: I think often it gives an outlet to the larger problems, but by creating a tense and unhappy couple in a likewise environment, it leads to things falling apart. I'm no expert on relationships but it's no secret that finances are the biggest problem relationships face and is the biggest cause of relationship breakdown and I think if you have something large like that looming, surface agitation on something like housework by a fatigued partner, is going to cause more fights than the couple can handle. And so it ends. Get any group of women together and the most common bitching subject is their lazy husbands. For men it is their nagging wives. The solution is so simple.

Angela Harlem said:
I'm really sorry to hear that khan. :hug: I think often it gives an outlet to the larger problems, but by creating a tense and unhappy couple in a likewise environment, it leads to things falling apart. I'm no expert on relationships but it's no secret that finances are the biggest problem relationships face and is the biggest cause of relationship breakdown and I think if you have something large like that looming, surface agitation on something like housework by a fatigued partner, is going to cause more fights than the couple can handle. And so it ends. Get any group of women together and the most common bitching subject is their lazy husbands. For men it is their nagging wives. The solution is so simple.
:yes: i mean we had problems before that but as for what made it go from bad to worse, well if he wants to say i was in a bad mood, coming home to a filthy apartment every day wasn't much of a help for my mood.

basically with problems like finances or chores or anything really, you need to be able to go to your spouse if there's a problem. and if you can't or won't work them through, then you've got a problem.

LOL Angela Harlem, your post made me laugh :). So much truth in it, unfortunately.

Personally, I don't really get why this is still an issue in so many couples.
I refuse to see it as an issue. When I live with someone, chores get split up evenly. Period. What gender has got to do with anything, is beyond me, frankly.

This is 2005. People have jobs, kids, things to do. Share the load and, at best, take some joy out of doing certain chores together.

And I refuse to "be gratefull for a guy that helps around the house". Why should I be gratefull for him picking up after himself and doing his share in the practical stuff of our life together? It's only normal, imo.
That always baffles me, when a woman says things like "I'm so lucky to have him, he puts his socks in the laundry basket"!!

the soul waits said:

And I refuse to "be gratefull for a guy that helps around the house". Why should I be gratefull for him picking up after himself and doing his share in the practical stuff of our life together? It's only normal, imo.

I agree, same goes for "helps w/ the kids" I don't get that, it's 2005-don't fathers want to be more involved in raising their kids than "helps"? I've seen how destructive that is. It's supposed to be a partnership. You shouldn't have to legislate that, you should be self-motivated to want to improve your relationship. That's just my opinion.

I think maybe it all comes down to how people are raised, how their parents marriage is. Of course men can change, but some of them don't and just continue the pattern.

Yes indeed, either person doing too much creates resentment, unless both people are perfectly content to have it that way. Maybe some people are.

Along the same lines, upbringing is used as an excuse for many imperfections, imo.
Sure, upbringing has an influence on character, habits, viewpoints etc.

But merely learning how to be active in house-chores is easy to overcome, it's simple. It's a thing that doesn't influence who you are, it's simply a thing you "do".
It's easy to wave with the "but my mommy never had me do this"-flag.

Yeah, my mommy used to make my sandwiches every day - nowadays, i make my own lunch to take to work.

Mark Steyn pinned it; Europeans are post-Christian and have moved beyond having too have Priests tell them how too live their lives, but they are enlightened enough to have government fill the gap.

A very stupid law, up alongside blanket smoking bans.

Back
Top Bottom