New information on Osama's Speech

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That really bothered me. I don't read/watch US news unless I have to for work, but in every other country, this information was reported.

The Bush Administration is lying this time. It is well known that bin Laden has a deep-seated hatred of most all the leaders of the Arab nations, and is known to have fantasies of an Arab super-state-empire run by extremist Islam.

But most people don't know this, and, if anything, bin Laden has not only made the West his enemy, but the Arab nations themselves as well. A dangerous man, indeed, but is complicated by overt lies from the people claiming to want to protect us.

Melon

Hello,

I have not heard the whole Osama tape (BTW, isn't it great that the #1 target of the War On Terror is still alive and well, while the focus is now on some regional dictator?). What I did hear from it (or rather, read of the subtitles as I cannot understand a word he says, apart from naming a few countries), did not lead me to conclude that there are ties between Osama and Saddam. Yes, Osama urges the Iraqi people to fight the infidels and he spiritually supports their uprising. But that does not mean that there is a link between Osama and the Iraqi government. Everyone can give his/her support to something else, but that does not mean that he/she has ties with the subject. IIRC, Bush has said numerous times that he has no conflict with the Iraqi people, that he is solely after Saddam Hussein. So he supports the Iraqi people in their uprising. Should this mean that there are ties between the USA and Saddam? Should the USA bomb the White House (where the main person in this link works)?

Just saying something does not mean that support is mutual...

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn:

well it's easier to bomb a country than to find a single man ;-)

Klaus

p.s. from the Daily Mirror 24 Jan 03

Bomb Iraq - listen to the song

To the tune of "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands"...

If you cannot find Osama, bomb Iraq.
If the markets are a drama, bomb Iraq.
If the terrorists are frisky,
Pakistan is looking shifty,
North Korea is too risky,
Bomb Iraq.

If we have no allies with us, bomb Iraq.
If we think someone has dissed us, bomb Iraq.
So to hell with the inspections,
Let's look tough for the elections,
Close your mind and take directions,
Bomb Iraq.

It's "pre-emptive non-aggression", bomb Iraq.
Let's prevent this mass destruction, bomb Iraq.
They've got weapons we can't see,
And that's good enough for me,
'Cos it's all the proof I need,
Bomb Iraq.

If your corporate fraud is growin', bomb Iraq.
If your ties to it are showin', bomb Iraq.
If your politics are sleazy,
And hiding that ain't easy,
And your manhood's getting queasy,
Bomb Iraq.

Fall in line and follow orders, bomb Iraq.
For our might knows not our borders, bomb Iraq.
Disagree? We'll call it treason,
Let's make war not love this season,
Even if we have no reason,
Bomb Iraq.

Scarletwine said:
A very interesting article came across wire from Alternet. Check it out. Your thoughts?

http://alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=15176

This is just another case of the Bush Administration's disregard for the truth in pushing this War for Oil and coroporate greed.

This piece is well written and very damning to the Bush administration. And, we need to understand that there are more reasons for this war than Oil and Corporate greed:

* Globalization and U.S. Imperialism

* An effort to geopolitically redraw the mid-eastern map in favor of the U.S. and especially Israel

* And most insidiously, a desperate move to stop OPEC from continuing its move from the U.S. dollar to the EURO as the standard oil currency. This is not to be understated: doing so will prove to have profound effects in the geopolitical sphere of economics, politics, and power; with the U.S. finding itself definitely on the losing end of the stick

Klaus said:
p.s. from the Daily Mirror 24 Jan 03

Bomb Iraq - listen to the song

To the tune of "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands"...

If you cannot find Osama, bomb Iraq.
If the markets are a drama, bomb Iraq...

I can't wait to sing this on tomorrow's demo. We're handing round copies of it on the bus (every one of the ELEVEN COACHES going from my university!!) so people can learn the words :happy:

Back
Top Bottom