new gap ads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
http://www.canoe.ca/JamMusicAlanisNews/dec6_ad-can.html
so alanis, robbie robertson and alicia keys do a gap ad, in which the money they would have paid her goes to a charity of her choice.
there is, however, ample evidence of the gap running sweat shops. not a very charitable venture are the sweat shops.
alanis seems to justify her involvement by stressing the charitable message.

i don't know but i don't think she is right to be doing this sort of thing. lost a little respect for robbie robertson as well.
i saw it before i saw the article and i thought 'the give a little a bit' wasn't so much charitable as it was urging you to spend money, at the gap.
any thoughts?

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

funny you should mention this because I was considering posting a topic about the ads. I had no idea that they were going to charity or anything...I was just trying to figure out how they conned all these celebraties into doing ads for them. There are several versions of the commercial, yes? Who else is on them? I'm not a country fan, but I think Dwight Yoakam is one, Alanis, Cheryl Crow...

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
funny you should mention this because I was considering posting a topic about the ads. I had no idea that they were going to charity or anything...I was just trying to figure out how they conned all these celebraties into doing ads for them. There are several versions of the commercial, yes? Who else is on them? I'm not a country fan, but I think Dwight Yoakam is one, Alanis, Cheryl Crow...

yeah i think i saw crow, maybe macy gray but i don't know that i would recognize her. i just think it's really a tacky thing to do. much better choice would be to simply give money to charity or even better your image.

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 12-07-2001).]

Alanis...it figures.
Sheryl Crow...I expected more, but okay.
Macy Gray...she needs the exposure.
Robbie Robertson...he's trying to keep in touch with the younger generation.

But SEAL!!??...WHY!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom