ND Football coach Resigns...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonite

I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
Sad.. so sad..i'm about to cry.. This morning watching Regis, the local newscasters touting their live dopplar radar interrupted and broke the news.. I can't believe it.. White dropped the ball on this one.. Malloy's gotta be pissed... What are we to do?... Dr. Who.. Heeeeellllpppp....

Appropriately placed in the Free your mind forum by Mr. Lemonite

O'Leary Resigns As Notre Dame Football Coach

Dec. 14, 2001

Thursday night, Notre Dame received the following
statement from head football coach George O'Leary:

"Due to a selfish and thoughtless act many years ago,
I have personally embarrassed Notre Dame, its alumni
and fans. The integrity and credibility of Notre Dame is
impeccable and with that in mind, I will resign my
position as head football coach effective December 13,
2001."

Statement of Kevin White, director of athletics,
University of Notre Dame:

"I have accepted the resignation of George O'Leary as
head football coach at the University of Notre Dame.
George has acknowledged inaccuracies in his
biographical materials, including his academic
background. I understand that these inaccuracies
represent a very human failing; nonetheless, they
constitute a breach of trust that makes it impossible
for us to go forward with our relationship."

"I intend to restart our search for a new head football coach immediately."

You will get Willingham from Stanford and you will like it. And so will everyone else. You will be the first big dog to take on such an act, and it will mean everything. Sure, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, and Colorado State have done it, but Alabama, Michigan, Southern Cal, Ohio State. et al. HAVEN'T done it. You will make negative ripples but positive waves.

Originally posted by U2Bama:
You will get Willingham from Stanford and you will like it. And so will everyone else. You will be the first big dog to take on such an act, and it will mean everything. Sure, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, and Colorado State have done it, but Alabama, Michigan, Southern Cal, Ohio State. et al. HAVEN'T done it. You will make negative ripples but positive waves.

We'll take the best coach we can get.. Willingham wasn't the best choice, If white takes williingham, bc coach he'll get fired.. he needs to land a huge huge name like gruden or mariucci or the oregon coach...or he'll probably be fired.. I hope he waits til the pro season is over...

ND wouldn't bend over to take a 'black' coach... unless he was worthy...

Yep, UNH finally gets one the map....the guy never played football at UNH. That wouldn't have been the worst fib to make on one's resume, but he also claimed he had a Master's Degree from NYU which wasn't true. Pathetic...

A nieghbor of mine is a big Oakland fan and says they will up Gruden's salary post-season to stave off N.D.; plus, he won't do anything until Jan-Feb as it stands, thus hurting N.D.'s recruiting season, but N.D. CAN recruit without a coach). I'm not saying N.D. should hire Willingham JUST to hire an African-American coach, but I think it is a big and positive possibility.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom