Myths, Lies and Downwright Stupidity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I find John Stossel to be intriguing to a point, you have to be aware that he is as ideologically driven as the people he condemns. He is a textbook libertarian, and, as a result, his POV will always skew towards the inherent selfishness of mankind and the utter futility of anything that isn't motivated according to that emotion.

As such, enjoy the book, but don't trade one set of hardline ideology for another, assuming that the grass is greener. Critical thinking is important across the ideological spectrum.

With that, what I admire about Stossel is that his style of journalism is a marked contrast to what you normally get in this industry. I work in news, and trust me when I say I roll my eyes at most of the stories I'm told to promote.

Melon

melon said:
trust me when I say I roll my eyes at most of the stories I'm told to promote.

Melon

You must mean the story about the lacrosse player that disappeared from a cruise ship while voyaging to Aruba to visit Tom & Katie's baby and search for the Runaway Bride.

INDY500 said:

You must mean the story about the lacrosse player that disappeared from a cruise ship while voyaging to Aruba to visit Tom & Katie's baby and search for the Runaway Bride.

oh boy:eyebrow:

gherman said:
I though you guys might like this book. Its a really good read.

P.S. His #1 myth is that aid to help countries is good:eyebrow:

Hmmm, guess he never heard of the Marshall Plan.

INDY500 said:

Hey at least it's better than the subliminal window clingies at the checkout counter of Home Depot......get this one {it will make you laugh}.....now remember this is Florida and they have this clingy for 'HURRICANES" right at the checout counter where you can't miss it....the clingy in front just says 'HURRICANES" but the ones back in the group actually are promoting the hockey team......Yeah....right on.....load up now on that plywood and duct tape which BTW they never discount. Like today I wanted this orchid because I collect them {Melon..BTW....by name} well is was pretty bloomed out since the new crop had not arrived and many orchids had gone into resting....so I ask the Garden Manager if he would discount it and I could nurse it back to health since they never do take care of their orchids.....he said "lady...we only discount the dead ones and not the partially dead ones".........so I took him to keep the orchid and I took the plastic name tag. Sorry....but I dislike that store and only shop there because there is no other place to buy hardware supplies.

Melon...I can fully appreciate what you say about journalism nowadays.....

but then there is so much wrong...the worst part though is the greed and the little vignettes of supposed power.

:|

INDY500 said:

If only it were actually that interesting. :wink:

Melon

Back
Top Bottom