my sister's eating paint chips again, maybe that's why she's insane...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Se7en

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm not so sure about anyone else...but I know I've noticed that when I turn on the news, 99% of what I see is utter crap. So and so was killed, so and so is in court, so and so got caught w/ crack, country a and country b are blowing each other to kingdom come, etc...
But what's worse is that our society eats this crap right up...people seem to love it. Chalk it up to morbid fascinations I guess.

I know that most people here think of Third Eye Blind as a waste of plastic that their cds are printed on. I, however, am a big fan. But please, let's not discuss how many times you heard Semi-Charmed Life and were almost driven to suicide as a result. They wrote a gem of a song called Slow Motion that is on their second album, Blue. Unfortunately the lyrics were cut from the album by their record company prior to Blue's release as they are a bit explicit . I think Stephen Jenkins did a wonderful job of slamming our media and society with these lyrics and I think it's pretty sad that these are the kinds of stories that people want to hear...

Slow Motion

mrs. jones taught me english
but i think i just shot her son
because he owed me money
with a bullet in the chest you cannot run
now he's bleeding in a vacant lot
the one in the summer where we used to smoke pot
i guess i didn't mean it
but man, you should have seen it...his flesh explode

slow motion see me let go
we tend to die young
what a brother knows

now the cops will get me
but girl if you would let me
i'll take your pants off
i got a little bit of blow we could both get off
later, bathing in the afterglow
two lines of coke got cut with drano
and her nose starts to bleed
a most beautiful ruby red

we'll remember these days
urban life decay,

and at home,
my sister's eating paint chips again
maybe that's why she's insane
i shut the door to her moaning
and i shoot smack in my veins, wouldn't you?
see my neighboor beating his wife
because he hates his life
there's an arc to his fist as he swings
oh man, what a beautiful thing
as death slides close to me, wont grow old to be
a junkie wino creep

hollywood glamourized my wrath
i'm a young urban psychopath
i incite murder for your entertainment
cause i needed the money, whats your excuse?
the jokes on you

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

omg, se7en. i thought i was the only one here who liked the 3eb!
they were crap live opening for U2 but blue(and especially slow motion) was excellent.

hmm, now that i look over the lyrics they are very appropriate. and i agree that society is continually getting worse.

Another 3EB fan here! But I listen mostly to their debut album. Great lyrics, I agree.

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

haha, well I'd like to thank all 2 of you that replied to this
smile.gif

we 3eb fans must stick together

------------------

So was this song released with different lyrics? I apologize for not knowing a damn thing about 3rd Eye Blind outside of Semi-Charmed Life, but these lyrics are amazingly good.

Originally posted by DC:
So was this song released with different lyrics? I apologize for not knowing a damn thing about 3rd Eye Blind outside of Semi-Charmed Life, but these lyrics are amazingly good.

The song is purely instrumental on the album. I'm pretty sure the only way to get the full version is somewhere on the internet. It's definitely worth the search though.

Originally posted by brettig:
Bad news sells papers.

I guess that's what it all boils down to....money.

------------------

They are an excellent band! I dont see whats wrong with them, I saw them play on their own once and they were great. I especially love the first album, and in particular, the last set of songs, including the Background, Motorcycle drive by, and the god of wine. Those songs are just really powerful, if more people heard them they would understand...

Slow motion is amazing, I agree. I dont have the second album, though. I think that its ridiculous they cut the lyrics! Because it has an actual message and isnt full of bubble-gum pop it should be cut? Thats a sad part of our society, I suppose. I have the real version, I got it from Napster, when it was still around. But, Im sure if you look on Kazaa, it will be very easy to find.

Originally posted by Mikesimus:
and in particular, the last set of songs, including the Background, Motorcycle drive by, and the god of wine. Those songs are just really powerful, if more people heard them they would understand...

Definitely. All 3 of those are definitely up there in my all time favorites.

I think that its ridiculous they cut the lyrics! Because it has an actual message and isnt full of bubble-gum pop it should be cut?

Again, I totally agree w/ you.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom