My portent plea to the nation of Great Britain.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
We are sending the leader of the free world to visit your country.
He's been invited by your leader.
Please show him the hospitality and respect that should be afforded to a man of his stature.
He is one cool cat
and a

s
e
x
y
m
o
f
o

thank you-
diamondbruno.
PIX.001=2001.10.11.Bush.jpg

diamond said:
Please show him the hospitality and respect that should be afforded to a man of his stature.

This man is not worthy of the disturbance of the public peace he is causing. I wonder what the use of these visits are anyway; if we wanted to listen to his infantile and naive ideas, we could just as easily turn on the tv. At least we can still turn that off.

DrTeeth,

"This man is not worthy of the disturbance of the public peace he is causing. I wonder what the use of these visits are anyway; if we wanted to listen to his infantile and naive ideas, we could just as easily turn on the tv. At least we can still turn that off."

At least the man has more than just idea's and actually gets something done which is more than one can say for most European leaders.

As long as the people of the UK give him as much respect as the people of the US give France, then I guess things are equal.

Melon

Palace security fears for president's visit

Hugh Muir and Richard Norton-Taylor
Thursday November 13, 2003
The Guardian

Security arrangements at Buckingham Palace will undergo a thorough review for the three-day visit of President George Bush because of fears that he could be vulnerable while staying there.
The president and his wife Laura are expected to spend at least two nights at the palace.

Though most believe the threat will be at its most acute as his convoy travels through London, security lapses at the royal palaces have prompted officers to concentrate much of their efforts on making sure the palace cannot be breached.

A number of websites have encouraged those opposed to the war in Iraq to test security at the palace during the president's stay. One knowledgeable source said: "It will take a good few officers just to secure the perimeter".

As speculation about next Tuesday's visit intensified yesterday, Scotland Yard insisted that it will have sole control of the security operation.

It also confirmed that officers will have the right to use their stop and search powers under the Terrorism Act 2000. The Metropolitan police force was widely criticised last month for over-enthusiastic use of the anti-terrorist legislation to stop protesters travelling to an arms fair in London's Docklands.

The president is expected to arrive with his own guard of 250 secret service officers, many of them armed. They will be allowed to keep their guns under a reciprocal arrangement which allows British security officials to remain armed while travelling abroad. Some of the 5,000 London police officers involved in the operation will also be armed.

The Met insisted demonstrators will be allowed to mount a meaningful protest. The deputy assistant commissioner, Andy Trotter, said the force had "no intention" of saving Mr Bush from the "embarrassment" of seeing anti-war protesters. Roads will be closed as the president's convoy moves through central London but there will be no official exclusion zone.

Mr Trotter estimated that "tens of thousands" of protesters could take to the streets and the numbers could be swelled by protesters travelling from Europe. "It is our intention to facilitate lawful protest," he said. "There is no intention to spare anyone's embarrassment. It is not part of our policing plan. We will do what's necessary to balance security."

The route of the main protest march has yet to be finalised but it is expected to pass through Holborn, the Aldwych and Trafalgar Square. The Stop The War Coalition says it wishes to march along The Mall to Buckingham Palace. Mr Trotter said protesters will not be allowed through Whitehall or Parliament Square.

However he claimed the arrangements are such that Mr Bush could "quite easily" come into contact with protesters.

Despite the presence of armed secret service officers, Mr Trotter said the Metropolitan police commissioner, Sir John Stevens, remains "in charge of policing in London and will be in command of security with this visit".

He denied that there has been any attempt by Downing Street, Buckingham Palace or the White House to dictate the way the visit is policed. "We must really be aware of the security threat against London which has been high for some considerable time," he said.

The officer said the Met is determined not to repeat the mistakes of 1999, when protesters demonstrating against the Chinese president, Jiang Zemin, were ordered to take down their placards. Mr Trotter blamed "over zealous policing".

The arrangements are being constantly revised following discussions involving Scotland Yard, the Bush administration and a number of government departments.

Senior sources said there is a "high level of general threat" of an attack on the president, his party, the Queen and the prime minister. But there is no "specific" terrorist, or al-Qaida related, threat. Intelligence sources played down the likelihood of an attack. The security issue is "primarily a police law and order problem".

However there is Whitehall concern, and some irritation, about demands made by the US secret service - including a suggestion that Mr Bush's motorcade must consist of no fewer than 35 cars.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/antiwar/story/0,12809,1083822,00.html

Does anyone remember that story of when Bush Sr was President, and having dinner w/ the Queen? Bush Jr was there too

Bush Jr I THINK said something sort of inappropriate..or the Queen reprimanded him. It's driving me crazy that I can't remember :banghead:

I know I've heard the story a couple of times...

diamond said:
he mingles w/the great ones..Kings, Queens and Heads Of States..
capt.lon83311182103.britain_bush_lon833.jpg

DB9
:laugh: Charles did not do it either,.....and are you a Republican ? When started republicans to like monarchy ?

Last edited:
Someone who has more imagination than I do at the moment should caption that pic. In another thread of course... :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom