My own Sunday Meditation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
I went and saw Amazing Grace this afternoon. It’s about the Abolition Movement in England at the end of the eighteenth century, particularly William Wilberforce. It was very moving and very well-done.

But what I liked best about it was that it was dealing with my favorite Truth about Christianity: the Unity of all of us as God’s Own, how all humans are worthy and loved and equal and forgiven in His love. I’m not Christian, but this Truth is by far the most wonderful thing that Christianity has. I love art that deals with this theme, so I just loved that about this movie today. Places in the Heart has this as a theme as well, and the end of that movie always catches me and makes me sit there for a few minutes, reveling in its portrayal of that wonderful Christian Truth. This movie today did that too.

I think that Christians are fortunate to have that Truth. (I carry it with me, too, but it just isn’t my lifetime to be Christian again.)

So, there you go.

That's beautiful, martha. Seriously. I'll have to check that movie out.

It's funny how you're not a Christian, but you identify part of the core of it. I wish so many of us who are Christians wouldn't forget that so often. Thanks for sharing that.

I love when Bono said something like "Christianity is easy. It's love God and love other people. That's it."

He's right. That's what it all boils down to. I'm glad you see that truth, too.

God bless,

coemgen

I agree, that's beautiful :up:

I've seen Places In The Heart but I haven't seen Amazing Grace. My crap suburban theater never gets the lesser known movies, I will have to rent that when it's out on DVD.

I've been wanting to see this movie, but don't live in a big enough area to have it come to my local theatre. I plan to netflix it when it comes available tho. Glad to see that it was a good film.

*cough* Ioan Gruffud is hot *cough*

:angel:

No really, I want to see it for the message, not for ANY other reason. ahem.

Back
Top Bottom