My Godfather is dying..... blah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
SG,
My sympathies are with you and your family at this time. Death is always hard, but it's not the end for them. For the Christian, it's just the beginning. We have the tough job; to deal with them not being with us anymore. I don't know what to tell you but to keep God in your heart, and He will always be there to comfort you.
80s

btw, I'm a "godfather" and I'm not even Catholic - or mafia!

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 10-10-2001).]

Sicy, sorry to hear about your Godfather.(If this wsn't a somber thread I would insert a Vito Corleone reference here)
Last funeral I went to was for my Grandfather who passed at age 93. Though losing him was a sad experience, knowing he lived as long as he did made it somewhat bearable. The gathering of family is a theraputic way for everyone to come to terms with death, and remember the good things about your Godfather. So keep that in mind, as you grieve, try to focus on the best memories of him, hopefully they'll help ease the pain a bit.

Well, first of all , im really sorry of hearing that. You n your family will be in my prayers.

About the rest, you have to be strong 'cos dead is a part of life and you will have to pass through it many times in your whole life, sadly. Try to keep in mind that GOD has a reason for everything that happens and GOD is also the best refugee you can have.

It is hard to deal with dead, but the best way, i think, is to take your time to heal and to go on with your life at your own time.

If i can help you in any way, i'll be here.

Love and strengh!

------------------
Patti
-Pride Girl-

Thanks you guys. I am strong and I know I can deal with it it just sucks. I know about Heidi, I'm very sad about it.
frown.gif

Hewson you made me laugh.... I couldnt help but think about that as well... lol.

It will be good to see my family again.

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

Funerals can be exhausting and very healing at the same time. The grieving gives way to warm feelings about the person who has died. The gathering of the family and friends is an enormous relief and support. Take from each other and give to each other.

Sorry to hear your bad news. Love him while he's here with you.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

((((((((((Sicy))))))))))

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight...

Unfortunately I've managed to go to quite a few funerals....
Stay strong and try and focus on the good things and ways you've been blessed from him ever being in your life at all.
And remember that, I guess, if he had bad cancer then he's free of all that pain.

He's in his 80's and has like 2 different types of cancer. The doctors give him like 2 weeks to live.

I guess I'd like some opinions on funerals.. I havent been to one in like.. over 15 years. It's kinda scary I think because I havent had anyone close to me die besides great grandparents which I werent extremely close to, since they lived far away from me. But my Godfather lives 15 minutes from me and I've known him my whole life.

In a way I think it might be a good thing, the funeral.. because there are alot of family members I havent seen for many years. This may be an unfortunate way to bring us all together but it gives me a little something to look forward too.

Gah.... I havent had to deal with death very much. Thoughts?

------------------

Sicy's Website

{{{{{{{ Christine }}}}}}}

I'm so sorry to hear about this. That last wait can seem so long, yet so short at the same time.

With one exception, I have had only good experiences with funerals. Everybody is there for the same reason, everybody is remembering the good times, and as you say, you get to see people you hadn't seen in a long time. If the priest or vicar is talented and inspired, you may even leave the service with renewed hope and a few things to think about.

I wish you all the best, sis!

frown.gif
*hugs*

------------------

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Thanks for your hugs guys.

I saw him today.. it was pretty bad. He doesnt have much longer. Then I listened to ATYCLB and the songs just seemed to fit the situation.

Pretty depressing.

(((( HUGS THE ROOM ))))

------------------

Sicy's Website

Spicy, I am sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I know when my father died 3 years ago I did not know how I was going to get through the funeral. It was through my family that I got by. Yours will be there for you. Try to think of all the happy times that you had with your grandfather. My thoughts and prayers got out to you.
frown.gif

Well.. he passed Sunday. It was good, he was in pain and all. They want me to be a pallbearer. Eek. Never done this before. Plus dunno if my skinny ass can lift a coffin. What exactly am I going to be doing?

------------------

Sicy's Website

*hugs*
well, for what it's worth, i think after someone dies, he/she lives on in a way in your heart, in your fond memories of him. the bond between you and that person can not be erased by death.

Sorry to hear he passed so quickly.
I've never been a pallbearer, the only duty I know of is of course carrying the casket. Usually nowadays there are 6 in all, so likley your slender behind will be able to handle your part.
Just had a close friend's father pass Monday AM, so I'll be doing the funeral thing Friday, never fun, but always keep the best memories in the forefront.

Back
Top Bottom