my anti-flu rally (joke)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
My anti-flu rally went great today! We had about 50 angry past and present flu sufferers protesting against the oppressive flu bugs and these truly evil cough syrups. The demonstrators gathered in front of Pharmacy X. One speaker read a letter from the Mayor asserting that cough syrups are truly evil and our community must be freed from the effects of flu viruses. They held signs reading "Down with cold syrups, use cough drops" and "Stop flu bugs, stay well". Several noted physicians were in attendance. These guys were fed up with calling in massive numbers of prescriptions of flu medicines and complained they hadn't had time to do anything else in two months. A good time was had by all and we all went home determined not to let the flu bugs screw up our work, fun or frivolity.

i would laugh, except that there was a huge flu epidemic in America (mostly in the Northwest, i think) in the early 1900's that killed thousands of people. Flu tends to be contagious...from people who carry it but are immune, and those "miracle" anti-biotics can't keep up with the new strains...aaayy, the flu "bug" is here to stay, no amount of staged mob hysteria will irradicate it from our fair land...:(

DebbieSG said:
i would laugh, except that there was a huge flu epidemic in America (mostly in the Northwest, i think) in the early 1900's that killed thousands of people. Flu tends to be contagious...from people who carry it but are immune, and those "miracle" anti-biotics can't keep up with the new strains...aaayy, the flu "bug" is here to stay, no amount of staged mob hysteria will irradicate it from our fair land...:(

There was a most horrid flu epidemic all over the U.S. (and maybe other countries, I don't know) toward the end of WWI, in 1918. There were many deaths and much suffering. I agree, flu epidemics are not funny. This was sort of a spoof on myself and my flu case, which was not life-threatening, just a big drag. I hate cough syrups--I can't take them because they make me sick, but they actually do help alot of people. I thought what the heck, my flu case is not the situation in Iraq, maybe a little break in the tension. But I agree, flu can be truly ugly stuff. I figure if this is really in bad taste the mods can let me know, that's their job. If it's uncool to spoof your flu bug maybe we can have a demonstration against fabrics that aren't colorfast so washing costumes made out of them are a disaster. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom