Murders Of New/Expectant Mothers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6732499/

"A year-long examination by The Washington Post of death-record data in states across the country documents the killings of 1,367 pregnant women and new mothers since 1990. This is only part of the national toll, because no reliable system is in place to track such cases.

Largely unseen by the public, it is a phenomenon that is as consequential as it is poorly understood. Even in the past two years — as the Laci Peterson homicide case has become a public fascination, with a jury last week recommending that her husband, Scott, be sentenced to death in her killing — little has been said about the larger convergence of pregnancy and homicide: how often it happens, why, and whether it is a fluke or a social syndrome.

The Post's analysis shows that the killings span racial and ethnic groups. In cases whose details were known, 67 percent of women were killed with firearms. Many women were slain at home — in bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens — usually by men they knew. Husbands. Boyfriends. Lovers.

The cases are not commonplace compared with other homicides but are more frequent than most people know — and have changed the way some experts think about pregnancy."

Thisis upsetting. From husbands trying to avoid responsibility to desperate to the point of insane women looking for a baby with a shortage of healthy newborns to adopt, it's all very tragic.

its sad
when i was pregnant with my first i was very young and my boyfriend...was such an asshole.
we were swimming and i swear he wanted to drown me. he was like pulling me down into the water it was like he was testing the procedure he may use ..and then he would say shitty things like i want to punch you in the stomach and shit. he wanted the baby to go away ,his future hung in the balance
instinctively I kept my distance from him and let him go his own way it was for the best
luckily my parents loved me unconditionally through the whole ordeal.
so we parted...and i never saw him again......
the child is now almost 17 ..talented ,smart and very handsome young man.

that crap just is so heinous (<-sp?)
those poor women and children.....
those guys are absolute cowards

Last edited:
:hug: carrieluvv :hug:

What a thing to go through. :up: to you and your child--good on you for seeing your ex-boyfriend for what he was and getting out of the situation.

carrieluvv said:
its sad
when i was pregnant with my first i was very young and my boyfriend...was such an asshole.
we were swimming and i swear he wanted to drown me. he was like pulling me down into the water it was like he was testing the procedure he may use ..and then he would say shitty things like i want to punch you in the stomach and shit. he wanted the baby to go away ,his future hung in the balance
instinctively I kept my distance from him and let him go his own way it was for the best
luckily my parents loved me unconditionally through the whole ordeal.
so we parted...and i never saw him again......
the child is now almost 17 ..talented ,smart and very handsome young man.

that crap just is so heinous (<-sp?)
those poor women and children.....
those guys are absolute cowards

:hug:

You letting him go was for the better. Your son is very lucky and will be a much better man than his father will ever be and it was all because of *you*.

These stories appall me. Women, especially pregnant ones should not be hurt by people they know and love. In fact, no one should be hurt at all. :tsk: :angry:

Oh, my god, carrieluvv...:hug:. You poor thing. I'm glad you got rid of that jerk-he's so not worthy of you.

Yeah, I don't know what the f*ck is going on here, but this is scary. It almost makes me nervous about the idea of getting married someday :uhoh:. I don't understand how guys think they have the right to do this to women.

Angela

This makes me so angry. :mad:

I actually read about this in Details - a men's magazine of all places - and the article said that most of the men who do this are mama's boys who are spoiled and are used to have everything done for them. Since having a baby means taking responsibility and the man will have to compete with the baby for attention, these men look for a way out because they are cowards and aren't man enough to grow up and stop being so selfish.

Really, sometimes I think the future of male-female relations would only get worse.

Pearl said:
the article said that most of the men who do this are mama's boys who are spoiled and are used to have everything done for them. Since having a baby means taking responsibility and the man will have to compete with the baby for attention, these men look for a way out because they are cowards and aren't man enough to grow up and stop being so selfish.

i would hope it takes more than selfishness and jealousy of a baby to set off a trigger to opt for murder.

Pearl said:
I actually read about this in Details - a men's magazine of all places - and the article said that most of the men who do this are mama's boys who are spoiled and are used to have everything done for them. Since having a baby means taking responsibility and the man will have to compete with the baby for attention, these men look for a way out because they are cowards and aren't man enough to grow up and stop being so selfish.

:|...

Okay, if that is indeed the case, and that's a big reason why these guys do this, all I have to say is grow the fuck up, you idiots.

The ironic part is that they DO get attention after they kill someone...just not the good kind.

Angela

Seems like way too many people have a problem with taking responsibility. It makes me sick.

Pearl said:
This makes me so angry. :mad:

Really, sometimes I think the future of male-female relations would only get worse.

That's hard to grasp isn't it. You'd expect a reason like emotional instability combined with either fear or anger from selfishness - anger at being forced into something they may not have chosen, but not from this. You hear older people who are from generations ago say how we're different now and that responsibility is not what it used to be. It can't really be denied. Society is getting weaker as we strive to get stronger. And I dont think on the whole there is an increase in overall happiness and wellbeing.

I think its the one with Sean Penn on the cover.
But its very recent.

thanks for the kind words you guys
*hugs* to youse

I read a similar article somewhere how men like these regard children as the womens property and even when they are out of the womb they do terrible things like kidnap or abuse them just to "get back at" the mom .

on a happier note my child, my son Alex is 17 today and I just couldnt be more proud of him. hes a great example to his two little sisters and i could just go on and on gushin bout him!

Last edited:
carrieluvv said:
thanks for the kind words you guys
*hugs* to youse

You're very welcome :hug:.

Originally posted by carrieluvv
I read a similar article somewhere how men like these regard children as the womens property and even when they are out of the womb they do terrible things like kidnap or abuse them just to "get back at" the mom .

:tsk:...such a shame. It's amazing how immature and cruel some people can be.

Course, then again...

Originally posted by carrieluvv
on a happier note my child, my son Alex is 17 today and I just couldnt be more proud of him. hes a great example to his two little sisters and i could just go on and on gushin bout him!

...it's good to hear about people like your son, 'cause it's a nice reminder that there ARE some decent guys still running around out there. That's great that he's doing so well, and to know that he's a really nice kid. He was obviously raised right :).

Angela

These guys should just convince their wives/girlfriends to have an abortion. Far less hassle and no jail time.

I think that abortion should be an acceptable alternative. Women have abortions because they lack the means/maturity/time/desire to raise a child. If a man feels like he is not up to the responsibility of raising a child than he too should have the right to at least explore an abortion performed by a doctor as an option. Better to end the pregnancy than have a child born into a situation where their father resents their existence. Also, aborting the pregnancy gives a woman the chance to protect her own body/life from an unstable boyfriend/husband that is looking for a cowardly way out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom