Mr. George W. Bush may go on to become one of our greatest Presidents of all time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:

I certainly wouldn't see it as describing Clinton as basically a criminal, and then claiming Black people can relate to him because he's a criminal!

Well, that's precisely what Lemonite did, Fizzing. Don't let him/her fool ya. And you do not owe Lemonite an apology.

Another 'Props' to George W for his attempt at bipartisanship.. Uniting the country as he promised he'd do.. with His moves towards the center on issues such as the "so-called stimulus, education, campaign finance reform and prescription drug bills."

It's just nice to see who in actuality is playing the 'partisan games', our dear Liberals as they repay our president's compromises by dropping a nice shit on Judge Pickering.

W, you're doing well to represent the country, it's sad to see however that no one is meeting you half way. Pah.. It won't matter when we gain control back after the elections.

L. Unplugged

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Another 'Props' to George W for his attempt at bipartisanship.. Uniting the country as he promised he'd do.. with His moves towards the center on issues such as the "so-called stimulus, education, campaign finance reform and prescription drug bills."

It's just nice to see who in actuality is playing the 'partisan games', our dear Liberals as they repay our president's compromises by dropping a nice shit on Judge Pickering.

W, you're doing well to represent the country, it's sad to see however that no one is meeting you half way. Pah.. It won't matter when we gain control back after the elections.

L. Unplugged
It's funny how most of the "Bush haters" don't want to talk about him now that he has "let them down" by becoming a GREAT President.

uniting the country?
is that nesecary?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Her her! At that Lemonite I say well said!! it's what the man Is, not what he Looks like that matters! It's what he does-not how 'hip' he is! I back my President! I like what you said, too Horror.

I thought the terrorists "united" the country? I'm just curious what's going to happen when Bush has fought all his wars and people start to focus on the real politics.

It has been shuddered against before by many.. but Here's the first.. If this pans out.. or even if it doesn't.. Bush may gain by being himself what Clinton tried to manufacture as he was being pushed out teh door...
____________________________-
June 25, 2002

Performance worthy of Nobel Peace Prize

Arnold Beichman

Let me be the first to nominate President Bush as the leading candidate for the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize.
His strategic diplomacy, aided by Secretary of State Colin L. Powell and Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, without question averted a catastrophic war between India and Pakistan, a war that could have gone nuclear.
I believe that Indian Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee and Gen. Pervez Musharraf, president of Pakistan, would second such a nomination because they know how close a call it was. In an interview, Mr. Vajpayee told a Hindi-language newspaper that had the United States not intervened, India was ready to launch nuclear missiles at Pakistan. And without question Pakistan would have responded with a similar barrage. Millions of Asians would have been killed or maimed for life. The catastrophic results would have been the equivalent of a dozen Chernobyls.
Were Mr. Bush to receive the Nobel, he would be the third U.S. president to have been so honored. President Theodore Roosevelt won the Nobel for presenting a peace treaty in 1905 that ended the war between Russia and Japan. President Woodrow Wilson got the Nobel in 1919 for helping to found the League of Nations, which the U.S. Senate promptly refused to join.
The Vajpayee interview, reported in the Toronto National Post from Islamabad as well as in the London Guardian, appeared in the Dainik Jagran daily. Mr. Vajpayee is quoted as saying: "If Pakistan had not accepted the demand to stop cross-border infiltration and the United States had not conveyed to us Pakistan's guarantee to do so, then nothing could have stopped war."
Two of three wars between India and Pakistan since they both became independent from Britain in 1947 have been over Indian-controlled Kashmir. These wars have taken the lives of more than 60,000 people in an insurgency that began a dozen years ago. India says Islamic guerrillas supported by Pakistan enter the region to attack Indian security forces and civilians in what the guerrillas define as Indian territory.
The Kashmir issue has seized the United Nations for decades. The General Assembly lectern was for years occupied by the durable Krishna Menon, India's longtime U.N. delegate, whose seven- and eight-hour orations (once including a dramatic collapse as he spoke) usually emptied the cavernous chamber.
According to National Post sources, Pakistan has an arsenal of between 25 to 50 nuclear warheads that can be fired by missiles with a maximum range of 900 miles or dropped from fighter planes. India's arsenal consists of 100 to 150 nuclear warheads with a maximum range of 1,800 miles.
Among previous Nobel Prize winners since 1901 have been Mikhail S. Gorbachev, the Dalai Lama, Lech Walesa, Mother Teresa, Andrei Sakharov, Martin Luther King, Kofi Annan. But one can say in recalling past Nobel laureates that Mr. Bush was the first statesman to avert an on-the-brink nuclear war and to establish, if not peace for all time, at least a durable armistice on the Asian subcontinent. Millions of people in Asia are alive today because of the unyielding tenacity and strategic vision of a U.S. President at a moment where the world's future was at stake.
The Nobel Peace Prize for George Bush in 2002.

Arnold Beichman, a research fellow at the Hoover Institution, is a Washington Times columnist.

DrTeeth said:
I thought the terrorists "united" the country? I'm just curious what's going to happen when Bush has fought all his wars and people start to focus on the real politics.

:rolleyes:
I didn't know there were any more serious or "real" politics than that of war.

hmmmmmmmm

I see you are giving more credit to the terrorists that murdered all of those innocent people than our President who is doing the best he can to guide us through this.

Olofski said:
First of all I have a question:
Does it count what the rest of the world thinks of him, or is his greatness meassured only in the eyes of the Americans?

:yes: ....:silent:...
i mean OF COURSE other countries have a right to think whatever they want about one of our presidents but, ultimately, i think it comes down to the U.S. and our pres., i mean, itsn't that fair? just like any other countries...... other countries get annoyed when the U.S. thinks that they are entitled to judge other countries matters, its the same all around. but the better one pres. can do for the whole world the better off, of course.

Last edited:
Lemonite said:
It has been shuddered against before by many.. but Here's the first.. If this pans out.. or even if it doesn't.. Bush may gain by being himself what Clinton tried to manufacture as he was being pushed out teh door...
____________________________-
June 25, 2002

Performance worthy of Nobel Peace Prize

Arnold Beichman

Let me be the first to nominate President Bush as the leading candidate for the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize.
His strategic diplomacy, aided by Secretary of State Colin L. Powell and Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, without question averted a catastrophic war between India and Pakistan, a war that could have gone nuclear.
I believe that Indian Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee and Gen. Pervez Musharraf, president of Pakistan, would second such a nomination because they know how close a call it was. In an interview, Mr. Vajpayee told a Hindi-language newspaper that had the United States not intervened, India was ready to launch nuclear missiles at Pakistan. And without question Pakistan would have responded with a similar barrage. Millions of Asians would have been killed or maimed for life. The catastrophic results would have been the equivalent of a dozen Chernobyls.
Were Mr. Bush to receive the Nobel, he would be the third U.S. president to have been so honored. President Theodore Roosevelt won the Nobel for presenting a peace treaty in 1905 that ended the war between Russia and Japan. President Woodrow Wilson got the Nobel in 1919 for helping to found the League of Nations, which the U.S. Senate promptly refused to join.
The Vajpayee interview, reported in the Toronto National Post from Islamabad as well as in the London Guardian, appeared in the Dainik Jagran daily. Mr. Vajpayee is quoted as saying: "If Pakistan had not accepted the demand to stop cross-border infiltration and the United States had not conveyed to us Pakistan's guarantee to do so, then nothing could have stopped war."
Two of three wars between India and Pakistan since they both became independent from Britain in 1947 have been over Indian-controlled Kashmir. These wars have taken the lives of more than 60,000 people in an insurgency that began a dozen years ago. India says Islamic guerrillas supported by Pakistan enter the region to attack Indian security forces and civilians in what the guerrillas define as Indian territory.
The Kashmir issue has seized the United Nations for decades. The General Assembly lectern was for years occupied by the durable Krishna Menon, India's longtime U.N. delegate, whose seven- and eight-hour orations (once including a dramatic collapse as he spoke) usually emptied the cavernous chamber.
According to National Post sources, Pakistan has an arsenal of between 25 to 50 nuclear warheads that can be fired by missiles with a maximum range of 900 miles or dropped from fighter planes. India's arsenal consists of 100 to 150 nuclear warheads with a maximum range of 1,800 miles.
Among previous Nobel Prize winners since 1901 have been Mikhail S. Gorbachev, the Dalai Lama, Lech Walesa, Mother Teresa, Andrei Sakharov, Martin Luther King, Kofi Annan. But one can say in recalling past Nobel laureates that Mr. Bush was the first statesman to avert an on-the-brink nuclear war and to establish, if not peace for all time, at least a durable armistice on the Asian subcontinent. Millions of people in Asia are alive today because of the unyielding tenacity and strategic vision of a U.S. President at a moment where the world's future was at stake.
The Nobel Peace Prize for George Bush in 2002.

Arnold Beichman, a research fellow at the Hoover Institution, is a Washington Times columnist.

Very nice Lemonite
I haven't heard anymore on this though
any updates?

Fitting The HORROR.. Fitting..

1466998535.jpg

L.Unplugged

Um Lemonite.. I thought we discussed behaviour like this.

Obviously you dont take kindly to being given second chances.

:down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom