Mr. Bush - Missing in Action?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scarletwine said:

So in light of his intellectual capability

Listeners Notice a Few 'Flaws' in Bush's Campaign Speeches

From a Times Staff Writer

September 7, 2004

POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. — President Bush's bout with the English language continued Monday, when he offered a surprising explanation of what gynecologists might do with their patients if not for pesky malpractice lawsuits.

"Too many good docs are getting out of business," Bush said. "Too many OB-GYNS aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

It's not clear what Bush meant to say, but it was presumed that he misspoke. The statement came as he attacked his Democratic opponents, Sens. John F. Kerry and John Edwards, for siding with trial lawyers over doctors in the battle to limit lawsuits.

Bush has a well-known history of such gaffes and poked fun at his own verbal "flaws" during his speech last week at the Republican National Convention.

The "love" reference followed another bit of odd phrasing two days earlier during a Saturday speech at an Erie, Pa., football stadium. There, he was explaining last year's $87-billion appropriation for "armor and body parts and ammunition and fuel" for Iraq and Afghanistan.

He did not intend to be macabre. Bush simply flubbed his usual line, explaining that the money was intended for — among other things — body armor and spare parts.

Interesting. I think it is more a commentary of where the American mind is when you look for the suggestive interpretation instead of understanding that an OB-GYN may love their job.

Jamila said:
Folks - you're not seeing the forest for the trees. :ohmy:

The MOST IMPORTANT thing to remember is that GEORGE BUSH or DICK CHENEY NEVER FOUGHT IN VIETNAM, never had to face the gruesomeness of that situation, because they were able to find every loophole to keep them out of that situation.

John Kerry could have used his upper class background to stay out of 'Nam too, but JOHN KERRY CHOSE TO GO TO VIETNAM AND SERVE HIS COUNTRY HONORABLY. :yes:

Those Purple Hearts he was given were legitably won - Kerry could have lost his life fighting alongside his compatriots.

WHERE WAS GEORGE BUSH during this time? In an airplane somewhere trying to figure out how the darned thing worked! :laugh:

Some intellectual thinker! Some great leader of moral courage!

I really want to trust my future to someone who would try to find every loophole to wriggle out of responsibility. :tsk:

And someone who is so morally challenged that he never took his flying test - undoubtedly because he wasn't sure he wouldn't crash the thing. :lmao:

John Kerry served his country out of his choice and sense of duty to his countrymen. George Bush and Dick Cheney were MIA becuase they had NO SENSE OF DUTY TO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY.

They were only interested in serving themselves - then as today.

I'm sorry if the truth offends. :hug:

Dick Cheney has served this country, perhaps not in the armed forces but he has indeed served this country and most people currently in the military would vote for him rather than John Kerry who attacked his country, grossly attacked the veterans of Vietnam, attempted to cut and cancel virtually every major weapon system the military uses today and voted to allow Saddam's military remain in control of KUWAIT in 1991! Thats the truth! Oh and I would call being President and Vice President of this great country to be service! Dick Cheney was also perhaps the best Secretery of Defense this country ever had.

"I am angry that so many sons of the powerful and well-placed managed to wangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units," wrote Powell, a 35-year career soldier and four-star general who was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Bush's father, former President Bush and Democrat Bill Clinton.

*lol*
"The last thing I am going to do is get involved in this debate about who did what when, and who earned what where and who was where when," Powell said.

Well i guess with his "accidential" comment some lines above

"I am angry that so many sons of the powerful and well-placed managed to wangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units,"

He made his point and refuses any more comments ;)

So anyone surprised that Mr. Powell is angry? I think it's a good reason to become angry when the families of the powerful and well-placed are not equaly treated like the Average american people.

deep said:

Did you happen to see this quote:

And President Bush and Senator Kerry volunteered to serve their nation under the policies that were in place. And both served honorably and both were discharged honorably."

I also asked you a question, who did Colin Powell choose to serve four years ago? That action speeks volumes about how Powell thinks and feels about all these issues.

Klaus said:
*lol*

Well i guess with his "accidential" comment some lines above

He made his point and refuses any more comments ;)

So anyone surprised that Mr. Powell is angry? I think it's a good reason to become angry when the families of the powerful and well-placed are not equaly treated like the Average american people.

Who does Mr. Powell serve and support for the Presidency of the United States? Thats really all you need to know.

I'm sure Colin Powell is like most of us -- he's not basing his decision to serve with Bush on one factor. I'm not voting against Bush just because he served in TANG while John Kerry went to Vietnam. Kerry's war record is only a small reason I'm voting for him. I mainly support Kerry because of issues such as the economy, health care, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and how those have hurt our standing in the international community.

Shame on CBS

Expert cited by CBS didn't verify papers

The lead expert retained by CBS News to examine disputed memos from President Bush's former squadron commander in the National Guard said yesterday that he examined only the late officer's signature and made no attempt to authenticate the documents themselves.

Too bad a new outlet has become part of the Kerry campaign effort.....

They haven't conclusively found that they are forgeries.

The typewriters of the day had that kind of type. My understanding is they are still working on verifying their authenticity.

Scarletwine said:
They haven't conclusively found that they are forgeries.

The typewriters of the day had that kind of type. My understanding is they are still working on verifying their authenticity.

Executive, high end typewriters of the day had this capability. Not something you would find in a National Guard office.

I've heard on the radio this morning that if you type the alleged memo on Microsoft Word, then hold it over the CBS document, you get an exact match.

CBS is trying to save face and failed to question sources before running the presses.

Unfortunately, some people believe everything they hear from a big shot media organization. From what I can tell, some people believe CBS and some don't.

verte76 said:
Unfortunately, some people believe everything they hear from a big shot media organization. From what I can tell, some people believe CBS and some don't.

The DNC seems to believe CBS and has jumped directly into the smear campaign. And Kerry had the gall to call on Bush to stop third party smear campaigns......

nbcrusader said:

The DNC seems to believe CBS and has jumped directly into the smear campaign. And Kerry had the gall to call on Bush to stop third party smear campaigns......

This :censored: doesn't surprise me. Presidential campaigns tend to make monsters out of people. This year especially it seems like no one is immune to becoming a monster in some way.

nbcrusader said:

Thanks for posting the commercial.

How is it a smear?

Why will the President not answer the questions?

How is it smear? Easy, because the whole thing is made up to make Bush look like something he isn't.

Its reasons like this that Fox News is ruling the airwaves right now, including beating the big networks in ratings during big events.

deep said:

Thanks for posting the commercial.

How is it a smear?

Why will the President not answer the questions?

Kerry's own book conflicts with his other statements regarding his Vietnam experience. When asked questions, he pointed the finger at Bush. Now, who is taking the high road in the campaign?

Scarletwine said:
Bush was a deserter and deserves getting busted for it period.

According to the facts, he received an honorable discharge. If he was a deserter, he would not have received the honorable discharge.

The people who keep up this smear campaign deserve something....

Well, I guess the rule of thumb is when in doubt, go negative. I don't like it either. There's something uncivilized about it. Oh, yeah, they banned civility in politics. Damn. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom