Moussaoui is a Bastard!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin24 said:
Well to bad Jesus is not hear so we can see what he really has to say.

Would today's Christian recognize him?

I doubt it.

Justin24 said:
Well to bad Jesus is not hear so we can see what he really has to say.

Well let's see;

He healed the ear of the soldier arresting him and taking him to his death.

He said, "love your enemy" (Matthew 5:43-47)

nbcrusader said:
Good thing he said that when he comes back, no one would miss it.

The Pharisees weren't very good at Biblical metaphors. I have a sneaking suspicion that today's Pharisees are little different.

Melon

nbcrusader said:
It will be a while before every knee will bow and every tongue confess....

It just ends up being all the same circular logic as before. If Kalki or the Mahdi knocked on your door, I'm sure you'd remain as stiff-kneed and tight lipped as ever.

Melon

melon said:

It just ends up being all the same circular logic as before. If Kalki or the Mahdi knocked on your door, I'm sure you'd remain as stiff-kneed and tight lipped as ever.

Melon
If they were to try and pass the judgement of the sword upon me I would be obliged to introduce these figures to some of the more deadly modern technologies - Jesus isn't bulletproof!

indra said:

Quite frankly I don't care what the killers think or feel. But I have to live with me, and I am better than they are. And that means I don't seek to become what they are...and seeking blood vengeance makes me as bad as they are.

Not killing them isn't forgiving them, and I'm not the type of person to forgive the unforgivable, but letting them stay in jail for the rest of their natural lives doesn't require either forgiveness or the debasement of others. I feel the death penalty does debase those who impose it.

Very well put. Agree fully with you.

A_Wanderer said:
If they were to try and pass the judgement of the sword upon me I would be obliged to introduce these figures to some of the more deadly modern technologies - Jesus isn't bulletproof!

I think it should be noted that what we expect for the Second Coming is what the Pharisees expected for the first. Even then, the entire concept is borrowed from Zoroastrian theology. Zoroastrians just happen to be a bit more compassionate about this subject. When the Earth is destroyed, everyone in hell is purified through fire and enters heaven with the righteous who are spared the pain of purification.

Considering Judeo-Christianity's link to Zoroastrianism and Zoroastrianism and Hinduism's Indo-Iranian roots, it's probably no coincidence we have common images like the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" and Kalki riding a horse while killing everyone with his sword.

But I digress. If Jesus makes His Second Coming as peaceful as His first, there's going to be a lot of people who will have a problem with that, just like the first time around.

Anyway, back to that bastard Moussaoui guy...

Melon

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1185866,00.html

Moussaui's mother speaks to Time magazine about her son.

"What were your reactions when he made provocative, outrageous statements in court, ones clearly designed to mock and belittle the personal and national loss in 9/11?"

" It was atrocious. Horrible. I had to look away. I plugged my ears and closed my eyes. I felt faint. Eventually, I left the courtroom. I felt terrible for the families of victims, people who had lost their loved ones in the attacks. What must they have felt?! I even felt bad for anyone else in America who'd be shocked. It made me feel sick for them. But it also proved a personal blow to me as well: I could actually see him digging his own grave each time he said such things."

I was over at Drudge (yes he is not very popular around here) and they are saying it will be Death for Moussoui.

life in prison?

put him in general population without any security measures. it would be interesting to see how the other inmates treat him.

there was no "winning" or "losing" with this schizophrenic loser. the death penalty would have served no purpose whatsoever here.

he won't last long in jail.

MacHat said:
Good decision, killing him would just make him a martyr :up:

Yep. I agree. I really expected the death penalty, but I prefer life in prison.

I think it's as good a verdict as can come in this case.

It is an intelligent, quite simbolical sentence. If he stays alive, there won't be another martyr for the extremist cause, he will know that he won't enjoy the promises of heaven (at least for a long time) and he will be in the hands of the people he hates so much

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom